Crypto currency

PieFacE

It's always recommended that you store it in your own wallet rather than leaving it on an exchange.

If the exchange shuts down or gets hacked you could lose your coins.

Whereas in your own wallet there's little chance of that happening unless you get hacked. 

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2017/11/27/bitcoin-could-easily-reach-40000-by-the-end-of-2018-novogratz.html

Edited by PieFacE

10 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

It's always recommended that you store it in your own wallet rather than leaving it on an exchange.

If the exchange shuts down or gets hacked you could lose your coins.

Whereas in your own wallet there's little chance of that happening unless you get hacked. 

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2017/11/27/bitcoin-could-easily-reach-40000-by-the-end-of-2018-novogratz.html

In your humble opinion would £500 each in Bitcoin, ark & eretheum be a sound long term investment?

1 hour ago, dakid007 said:

In your humble opinion would £500 each in Bitcoin, ark & eretheum be a sound long term investment?

Yeah I think that would be pretty safe. Depends what your goals are though in terms of how much you want to make. I think if you view it as a 3-5 year investment then it will be good. 

But don't buy ARK purely on my recommendation. Research what they're trying to accomplish and decide for yourself. 

Edited by PieFacE

On 3 November 2017 at 09:37, PieFacE said:

Yep and nope.

I'm lucky that my job is quiet at the minute so I can spend a lot of time researching. Though, I am hoping in a year or two I can work in crypto full time. Hopefully a year if my plan comes together. 

But yeah, constantly in certain chat groups with people who are doing similar, we just share our findings with each other and some times invest as a group in pre-sales etc... 

Two projects I really like the look of are 

GUTS - https://guts.tickets/

Vezt - https://vezt.co/

I'm hoping these two will be pretty disruptive to the music industry, as I think fans and artists are fed up of both record labels and ticketing companies. The music industry needs a shake up, so i'm hopeful of these two.

The two projects above would £250 each be a good start? 

Just now, Stevo985 said:

I couldn’t figure out how to move BTC from Coinbase to Bittrex. I’d like to though, wouldn’t mind investing a small amount in some of these small cryptos. 

Simple. Go to your Coinbase account and your BTC wallet within it. Click on the little arrow in the top right. Go to your bittrex wallet and click on the + symbol next to BTC. You can then generate an address in the form of a QR code. Wait till the address pops up as it takes time for it to generate (not the QR code the actual address). Then use the QR scanner built into Coinbase. You will see the symbol when you try and send BTC. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Xela said:

What wallets are people using? Or just keeping it in the Coinbase/Bittrex wallets?

For Bitcoin I use the portable version of Electrum. Easy to backup and lightweight.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Yeah I think that would be pretty safe. Depends what your goals are though in terms of how much you want to make. I think if you view it as a 3-5 year investment then it will be good.

Are you insured for the advice you're giving? ;)

6 hours ago, snowychap said:

Ha, i'm just giving an opinion not advice! :D

DYOR mofo's :D

I very much suspect a crash is coming soon... but what do I know...

Kinda half thinking this is the type of thing where when people start talking about it on a football forum it's too late. But then the market cap is so small there's so much room to grow. 

Edited by PieFacE

7 hours ago, snowychap said:

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Kinda half thinking this is the type of thing where when people start talking about it on a football forum it's too late. But then the market cap is so small there's so much room to grow. 

Having worked in PII, Snowy makes a good point ;)

11 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Having worked in PII, Snowy makes a good point ;)

ha eeek. As crypto is unregulated, I guess I can give out all the terrible advice I like without consequence at the minute? :D 

Edited by PieFacE

17 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

ha eeek. As crypto is unregulated, I guess I can give out all the terrible advice I like without consequence at the minute? :D 

Unfortunately not iirc ;) The issue would mostly come down to whether you'd be considered a professional/expert I think. Technically someone could sue a guy they met down the pub who claimed to be a professional in a field if they then took his advice and suffered a financial loss because of that advice, even if the advice was offered for free.

Of course that's all unlikely, but if you fancy some PII cover to cover your arse if someone did try it I know people you can talk to ;)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I get what you mean and I think the chances of investing £100 and making a million are perhaps gone but it is still in its infancy and there remains the opportunity to make good money. i've spend most of my week researching and watching videos on Youtube. How many people do you know who are investing? I don't know off any in my workplace unless they are keeping it quiet. 

Ultimately its a risk like forex or share dealing but the returns could be greater. As ever, only invest what you can afford to lose and be prepared for the worst. 

I've got cash in the bank earning less than 1%. I've got quite a few shares which yield circa 6% dividends but the value goes up and down. I've lost lost £20k in a few months on my shares following a dip and then up £30k six months later. It is what it is. 

I'm going to invest £1k-£2k to start with and if its worth £5k in a year then brilliant - i'll take my initial stake back out and what is left is profit money. I'm not expecting to make a fortune but if I can knock a few years off my mortgage with it then brilliant. 

• Like 1

Â