Crypto currency

PieFacE

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I'm torn between feeling like an idiot for not buying in at 6k,and knowing how likely it is I'll lose loads if I buy in now

Hmmm...

Personally I'm of the opinion that we're getting to the point where it's going to be impossible for "normal" people to purchase Bitcoin and it's going to become a thing for hedge funds etc. Think institutional money is going to come into crypto big in 2018.  I think a lot of people will be kicking themselves that they never "got in" whilst it was affordable.

Though, the logical side of my brain thinks it's going up way too fast and has to crash at some point. But, I thought that at $5k too.... it just doesn't seem to stop... 

Edited by PieFacE

I think it's getting to the point where "normal" people can buy in and make an absolute killing, but $500 worth of Bitcoin will still grow at the same rate just the gains will be less. Sure those with at least 1 Bitcoin now are going to be laughing when its worth $80,000 in 2020, but anyone with $500 invested now will still likely have a nice profit. Yes no "normal" person is going to spank down $30,000 to buy 3 Bitcoin, but anyone that does unless something dramatic happens they will profit big time. I don't have any money in Bitcoin right now even though I wish I did, I just can't with good conscience risk it when I'm currently in a financially unstable position, but anyone that is stable just drop $500-$1000 on Bitcoin as even that fraction of a Bitcoin that you now own will be worth vastly more years from now.  

7 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I'm torn between feeling like an idiot for not buying in at 6k,and knowing how likely it is I'll lose loads if I buy in now

Same. I was looking at it when it was $1500 and now look at it :(

What levels do the experts think Bitcoin, Litecoin and Ethereum will reach?

i've got a couple of weeks off work so going to look into this in more detail. 

14 minutes ago, Xela said:

What levels do the experts think Bitcoin, Litecoin and Ethereum will reach?

i've got a couple of weeks off work so going to look into this in more detail. 

I'm no expert and I am sure PieFacE has more insight on this, but I keep hearing that if growth stays as it is 1 Bitcoin will be worth $100,000 in 2021 and that might not even be its value cap either.

The thing with Bitcoin is it's an extremely finite resource, if everyone in Canada wanted to buy 1 Bitcoin there wouldn't be enough Bitcoin to go round, so assuming people remain willing to buy Bitcoin it will continue to go up as the coin gets more scarce.

As for other currencies I think Ethereum will go up as Bitcoin gets less affordable/more scarce. "Normal" people can barely afford Bitcoin now let alone when it's $100k a coin, but Ethereum which is vastly more affordable right now will be the next bandwagon.

I don't think Ethereum will hit the heights of Bitcoin, but Ethereum is worth like $471 more than it was this time last year so already its a coin that is on the rise and will break the $1000 per coin value by the end of 2018 (more than likely).

• Like 1

I'm on the verge of buying £1000 worth of Bitcoin and 1 Ethereum for £350. If they keep rising at it's current rate I'll be able to get my money back in a couple of months time but still have the original amounts invested in them. 

I just know that as soon as I do this something bad will happen.

• Haha 1

https://blog.ark.io/ark-creates-a-unique-business-entity-827c488c7fb80

I <3 ARK. Going to be huge imo. 

With finalization of the SCIC, the ARK Ecosystem will now be able to expand and advance blockchain technology, providing opportunities for all. Welcome aboard the ARK, as we prepare the world for the future of decentralization.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

What's the correction?

I bought 1 ETH. Already worth 50% more than what i paid for it.

Altogether I put in around £1300, mostly bitcoin and 1 ETH. It's now worth about £2000. In under 2 weeks. 

Obviously my plan is to keep it in there for a lot longer. But it's a bit addictive watching those numbers rise.

Do you keep all your coins on Coinbase? Or a wallet? 

Just reading up on it now, so much to take in...

@PieFacE ARK is still cheap as well right? Like the kind of money where you could buy 100 ARK for £300-400?

Just trying to gauge markets as I am sure those that bought 100 Ethereum for the lolz when it was $2 a coin are laughing now that 1 ETH is fluctuating between $470 and $480.

54 minutes ago, Daweii said:

@PieFacE ARK is still cheap as well right? Like the kind of money where you could buy 100 ARK for £300-400?

Just trying to gauge markets as I am sure those that bought 100 Ethereum for the lolz when it was $2 a coin are laughing now that 1 ETH is fluctuating between $470 and $480.

Yeah ARK is currently worth about £2.75 per coin. I first purchased at 0.13p. They have an incredible team and are hopefully going to be a big player in 2018. If there's one coin that could pull off another Eth it would be ark imo. Coins which build ecosystems are worth a lot in themselves assuming they get adoption. 

I think it's quite conservative to think ARK will be worth £50 in the next 2/3 years assuming crypto keeps increasing in marketcap. I'm hoping for something like £150 a coin.  Though would be happy with £20, I can retire then lol 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Yeah ARK is currently worth about £2.75 per coin. I first purchased at 0.13p. They have an incredible team and are hopefully going to be a big player in 2018. If there's one coin that could pull off another Eth it would be ark imo. Coins which build ecosystems are worth a lot in themselves assuming they get adoption. 

I think it's quite conservative to think ARK will be worth £50 in the next 2/3 years assuming crypto keeps increasing in marketcap. I'm hoping for something like £150 a coin.  Though would be happy with £20, I can retire then lol 

source.gif

Ha, naturally do your own research. I'm pretty new to this too so... Who knows. 

One thing I've noticed is that coins that really encourage community development go far, and ark is totally geared towards that.

16 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Ha, naturally do your own research. I'm pretty new to this too so... Who knows. 

You are doing well though? Perhaps to the point where you could do it full time?

1 hour ago, Xela said:

You are doing well though? Perhaps to the point where you could do it full time?

Yeah I could quit my job right now if I had complete confidence in the stability of it all. But, I don't really ha. I'm cautiously optimistic but whilst I have a mortgage I'm not leaving my job for crypto. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PieFacE said:

How/where do you buy ark coins?

Â