Crypto currency

PieFacE

2 hours ago, Rodders said:

Is there a minimum level with which it's worth bothering with? I'm curious about the whole thing. If I plonk £100 into something is that going to be a waste of time? I've never invested in anything before and have just been thinking about what's involved. Can't escape the fear that I'd just make horrible mistakes with it all. 

Well there's a learing curve, and every day you learn something new. It's a bit daunting at first cos you have to do a lot of research if you plan on investing in lower cost coins but get a higher reward when they do well.

Alternatively you could just stick £100 in bitcoin and forget about it for 5 years and it will more than likely be worth more. 

It all depends how much time you want to devote to it. A lot of people think it's easy money but it's not, I pretty much spend 8-10 hours a day researching new coins, new ICOs, reading what's happening in the crypto space in terms of regulation and general news. 

The swings are huge too, I'm down £100k in the past two months. It takes a little while to get used to the volatility but after a while it just don't care too much. 

Edited by PieFacE

14 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Well there's a learing curve, and every day you learn something new. It's a bit daunting at first cos you have to do a lot of research if you plan on investing in lower cost coins but get a higher reward when they do well.

Alternatively you could just stick £100 in bitcoin and forget about it for 5 years and it will more than likely be worth more. 

It all depends how much time you want to devote to it. A lot of people think it's easy money but it's not, I pretty much spend 8-10 hours a day researching new coins, new ICOs, reading what's happening in the crypto space in terms of regulation and general news. 

The swings are huge too, I'm down £100k in the past two months. It takes a little while to get used to the volatility but after a while it just don't care too much. 

:blink:

Seriously?

Is this your job now?

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

:blink:

Seriously?

Is this your job now?

Yep and nope.

I'm lucky that my job is quiet at the minute so I can spend a lot of time researching. Though, I am hoping in a year or two I can work in crypto full time. Hopefully a year if my plan comes together. 

But yeah, constantly in certain chat groups with people who are doing similar, we just share our findings with each other and some times invest as a group in pre-sales etc... 

Two projects I really like the look of are 

GUTS - https://guts.tickets/

Vezt - https://vezt.co/

I'm hoping these two will be pretty disruptive to the music industry, as I think fans and artists are fed up of both record labels and ticketing companies. The music industry needs a shake up, so i'm hopeful of these two. :)

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/11/2017 at 21:03, Stevo985 said:

Finally got Coinbase to approve my identity so did my first bit of investing. Limited by debit card transactions at the moment so need to do a bank transfer.

And the price has fallen quite a lot since I did this :crylaugh: 

On 11/3/2017 at 09:37, PieFacE said:

GUTS - https://guts.tickets/

Vezt - https://vezt.co/

I'm hoping these two will be pretty disruptive to the music industry, as I think fans and artists are fed up of both record labels and ticketing companies. The music industry needs a shake up, so i'm hopeful of these two. :)

The music industry hasn't stopped shaking since Pro Tools and Napster, but it's not settled yet. If the Crypto part of the deal remains viable? Who knows? Could be winners?

Plenty of dissatisfied artists out there, for sure.

• Like 1

Where does one start to research about all this? I'm considering wacking down a grand into Bitcoin to see how it ends up, after watching the price rise so much. You'd think if places like Amazon start using it then the price will rocket further. 

• Like 1

On 17/11/2017 at 06:08, Stevo985 said:

Talk to me about this fork. 

What does it mean?

bit late to answer this question but there was supposedly an agreement that all major bitcoin miners would switch to a new software release resulting in block sizes being changed from 1MB to 2MB. 85% of miners needed to agree for it to happen for it to take effect. Anyway, turns out there wasn't enough people backing it and it died (way more to it than that but it just about sums it up).

I'm glad it's working for you so far. Did you buy bitcoin? 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

bit late to answer this question but there was supposedly an agreement that all major bitcoin miners would switch to a new software release resulting in block sizes being changed from 1MB to 2MB. 85% of miners needed to agree for it to happen for it to take effect. Anyway, turns out there wasn't enough people backing it and it died (way more to it than that but it just about sums it up).

I'm glad it's working for you so far. Did you buy bitcoin? 

Yeah that's how I understood it. Coinbase sent me an email.

It panicked me at first because it sounded like I wouldn't be able to withdraw my bitcoin. but then I realised it was talking about the potential "new" bitcoin, which I guess was the fork.

As you said, seems like it died a death.

Yes. I bought some bitcoin and 1 Ethereum. Both have gone up significantly since.

I may lookinto how to transfer some of that to Bittrex and buy some smaller coins like ARK that you suggested earlier, but that would only be a very small amount.

I have built a bit of a crypto portfolio since early July.

I currently own Ether, Bitcoin, Bitcoin cash and Powr. I owned Neo but sold it to buy Powr (i would have rather had both but numerous reasons made selling my Neo my only option)

My portfolio is 2.5 x the value i put in, so seems to be all going well.

2 hours ago, zak said:

I have built a bit of a crypto portfolio since early July.

I currently own Ether, Bitcoin, Bitcoin cash and Powr. I owned Neo but sold it to buy Powr (i would have rather had both but numerous reasons made selling my Neo my only option)

My portfolio is 2.5 x the value i put in, so seems to be all going well.

POWR is a good buy, did you get in at ICO?

On 24/11/2017 at 19:45, PieFacE said:

POWR is a good buy, did you get in at ICO?

No, i bought it at USD 0.17. 

My girlfriends brother was staying with us 2 weeks ago. He works in the renewable energy space in Australia and also bought some, so it was under his advise.

i bought alot more ether than the rest of them unfortunately, although last few days its been flying and i still think its the Crypto to own/use

• Like 1

Yeah Eth is always good. 

Bitcoin is going to break $10k tonight I think. Growing at a stupid rate, the correction is going to be a hard one. Thing is, I have no idea if it's going to correct at $10k or $50k with the way things are going.

Found this interesting

Bitcoin;

$0 - $1000: 1789 days
$1000- $2000: 1271 days
$2000- $3000: 23 days
$3000- $4000: 62 days
$4000- $5000: 61 days
$5000- $6000: 8 days
$6000- $7000: 13 days
$7000- $8000: 14 days
$8000- $9000: 9 days

• Like 1

What's the correction?

I bought 1 ETH. Already worth 50% more than what i paid for it.

Altogether I put in around £1300, mostly bitcoin and 1 ETH. It's now worth about £2000. In under 2 weeks. 

Obviously my plan is to keep it in there for a lot longer. But it's a bit addictive watching those numbers rise.

• Like 1

When a stock / coin increases in value at a really fast rate it's quite normal for it to be "oversold", at that point the value will retrace to a "truer" value. That's called a correction, and bitcoin is due one really. 

• Like 1

Â