Weekends Football 25/27 August

andykeenan

5 hours ago, sne said:

Nice tackle by Britos today.

And he even had the nerve to complain when he got the red card :D

Foto: ViasatFoto: Viasat

Holy shit fam that was GBH. Was just on MOTD. 

3 hours ago, a m ole said:

Defending Sterling for the yellow is pathetic. (seen Crooks and Shearer do so this evening)

The rules are clear, and you can see from the aftermath why those rules are in place. Going into those fans cause chaos for the stewards and police and he was righty cautioned for it.

I'm still bitter over vidic not getting a 2nd yellow for it, iirc young got a yellow for celebrating in the crowd in the same game...it's a daft rule that is horribly inconsistent

• Like 1

9 hours ago, coda said:

Holy shit fam that was GBH. Was just on MOTD. 

It was bad but the overreaction to it is hilarious. Garth Crooks called it the worst tackle he has "seen in 40 years", I guess he doesn't watch a lot of football then, because I've seen a lot worse than. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dick said:

Yep, Thatcher on Mendes springs to mind, Terry on Milner.

Yep awful tackles. I guess Crooks hasn't heard of Vinnie Jones. For me, Axel Witsel's tackle on Wasilewski is one of the worst I've ever seen (happened a couple of years ago):

Part of the problem with pundits like Crooks is that live in the premier league bubble, know nothing about anything outside of it and just blindly react to what they see.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

It was bad but the overreaction to it is hilarious. Garth Crooks called it the worst tackle he has "seen in 40 years", I guess he doesn't watch a lot of football then, because I've seen a lot worse than. 

Apparently Arsene Wenger's signing up to this forum to push Shawcross on Ramsey. :D

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Yep awful tackles. I guess Crooks hasn't heard of Vinnie Jones. For me, Axel Witsel's tackle on Wasilewski is one of the worst I've ever seen (happened a couple of years ago):

Part of the problem with pundits like Crooks is that live in the premier league bubble, know nothing about anything outside of it and just blindly react to what they see.

If I saw a player do that on a pitch I'd knock him out. I wouldn't be able to stop myself.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

WBA v Stoke Super Sunday?? Do me a favour Sky!! The Prem is piss poor bar about 7 teams.  

Forest v Leeds was miles better than this.

It's a box ticker. They have to show each team a minimum number of times, showing these two against each other ticks a box for both in one go.

They've got to get rid of Wenger. He hasn't signed any quality and he is persisting with this disgraceful 3 at the back formation, who the **** in their right mind thinks Monreal can play centre half?

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Â