Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

10 minutes ago, villa89 said:

No need to fake it and no benefit either. It's much better to kill the Wagner leadership and then let the organisation fall apart. 

I'm not sure the organisation will fall apart. They are still operating all over Africa etc so I don't see how it's possible to just shut them down like that without a huge void to fill. I think it's more probable they get a new leader, get rebranded and anyone opposing gets eradicated.  

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

1 hour ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

No-one will be willing to enter any sort of business deal or political agreement.  They stand to lose their life and/or money if they fail to do as they are told.  

That’s long been the case but they still do and they will continue to do so

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

That’s long been the case but they still do and they will continue to do so

There will always be trade.  But there will be a premium added to reflect the risk.  

Imports get more expensive. Exports get cheaper.  

27 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I think it's more probable they get a new leader, get rebranded and anyone opposing gets eradicated.  

It'll come under the control of Putin via some unknown command structure. Russia will still claim it's an independent group when everyone knows it isn't. 

42 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I'm not sure the organisation will fall apart. They are still operating all over Africa etc so I don't see how it's possible to just shut them down like that without a huge void to fill. I think it's more probable they get a new leader, get rebranded and anyone opposing gets eradicated.  

they should change it's name from Wagner to  Matt Cardle.

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

It'll come under the control of Putin via some unknown command structure. Russia will still claim it's an independent group when everyone knows it isn't. 

Most likely the Patriot PMC run by Shiogu but that depends how far Putin is capable of trusting him.

38 minutes ago, bickster said:

Most likely the Patriot PMC run by Shiogu but that depends how far Putin is capable of trusting him.

I cant wait til the part where Shiogu is blamed for stealing a nuclear sub and then blames Sean Connery and the Hunt for Red October ensues. 

• Haha 1

Sky saying the second Wagner plane landed in St Petersburg just one minute after the crash , then 20 mins later flew to Moscow landed and then flew onto Baku 

Intriguing stuff  

Â