• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

Germany has just announced a big increase in Defence spending saying the world has entered a new era. 

I wonder if we do the same. The US has long been critical of European reduced defence spending. 

The West, especially Europe have been way to complacent for years. Boris himself recently said something sarcastic about the idea of Tanks rolling through Europe again being fanciful. 

37 minutes ago, Awol said:

I don’t know if Gov’ ever actively endorsed people joining the International Brigades in Spain? Anyone know?

Very much doubt it, it was the Communist Party that recruited for the International Brigades. It was very much a Soviet Russia initiative

• Like 1

Foreign fighters including military are already in Ukraine, including British. I cant show pictures but I am aware a friends lad is out there as a training instructor. He stayed. 

I also would bet several Countries will have military ops and advisers out there. 100%. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Germany has just announced a big increase in Defence spending saying the world has entered a new era. 

I wonder if we do the same. The US has long been critical of European reduced defence spending. 

The West, especially Europe have been way to complacent for years. Boris himself recently said something sarcastic about the idea of Tanks rolling through Europe again being fanciful. 

I think we already spend the 2% of GDP on our military, which is the NATO target. Germany has been a massive laggard in that respect for a long time (there’s a reason why Britain and France are the two main military players in Europe) and this announcement is just bringing them up to that 2% target. So I doubt it changes the equation for us too much.

Â