New Year's Resolutions 2017

maqroll

On 12/31/2016 at 20:37, Xela said:

No resolutions as such, I just need to put myself first more and look after myself a bit better. 

I've sweated blood at work this year, and what for? Recent decisions from the senior management confirm what many people have already said - they don't give a shit about the wellbeing and health of their staff. Piling more and more pressure on to the people remaining after making redundancies. Lets get more work out of less people and who cares if they suffer breakdowns on the way, seems to be the mission statement. i'm looking for a new job in January, just need to tart my CV up. 

Hoping, focusing on my mental wellbeing this will in turn help my physical health, which has suffered due to stress over the last 2 years. I also need to eat healthier and exercise more, I know that. Finally, I need to get myself back in the back in the dating game and meet more people. Work has always been an excuse over the last few years. 

Happy New Year everyone. 

Sounds like you work where I do.

On 12/31/2016 at 20:43, Xela said:

Cheers!

I accept I may be earning less in the future but you can't put a price on your mental and physical health :)

Exactly, No point being the richest bloke in the grave yard pal... 

As Trigger would say... "Look After Ya Broom" :D

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Sounds like you work where I do.

The sad thing is, a lot of places are like that at the minute. Couple of my mates in exactly the same boat and we all work in different industries. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Kingman said:

Exactly, No point being the richest bloke in the grave yard pal... 

I think we all are guilty of worrying about money but I think  I read it was one of people's biggest regrets when on their death bed. A wise old man once said to me 'health is wealth' and it's true. It still won't stop me stressing over money at times though :D

• Like 1

I think I have put a stone on this christmas, but back to it, diet and exercise and the hope is the stone will be gone in a couple of months. Can put a stone on in 2 weeks but takes months to lose.

6 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I think I have put a stone on this christmas, but back to it, diet and exercise and the hope is the stone will be gone in a couple of months. Can put a stone on in 2 weeks but takes months to lose.

That's age for you. I'm gradually piling pounds on as I get older. 

45 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I was nearly 14 stone on xmas eve which is the heaviest I've ever been. 3 days of sickness and shits sorted that out. 13 and half now.

Ive got the other way, As of Christmas eve i was 90.4kg, Yesterday i was 93.5kg. 

I usually hate the new years resolutioners clogging up the gym and going on about diet, but this year I'm one of them.

I fell off the gym wagon massively over the past 3 months.

Came back from holiday, started a new and stressful job and moved house all in that time and it's taken it's toll. Gym went out the window and I ate a lot.

So my only resolution is to shift that weight and get back in the gym and get my lifts up to where they were a year ago. Shouldn't be too difficult, I know I can do it. Biggest obstacle will be work.

Â