... and so begineth the Slippy G SKY Wankle-Rotary-Engine Fest

Grasshopper

If you want to avoid throwing up, DONT put SSN on.

The man who Fluked a CL medal, Cost his Club the PL Title and Cost his Country not only a place in the next round of his last WC, but denied England of the only true world class midfielder we had since Gazza in Paul Scholes to be played in his prefered position.

May the W*nkfest commence.............................

To be fair a couple of seasons he was great those goals he scored, how did he hit the ball so hard, yet keep it so low ? 

But IMO it was a couple of seasons, the rest of the time he spent moaning at referees, in fact moaning about everything, The chap who was 'Liverpool through and through' - almost moved to chelsea until liverpool upper their salary offer !. Was poor for England nearly all the time. 114 caps ? - Jesus wept !

The PR campaign behind him - elevated to world class, god like status - which he never was - but this hampered any Liverpool manager, who was then duty bound to select him, much to the detriment of the team he professed to love. He announced his departure from liverpool months in advance, thus creating a travelling sideshow for that season.

A good player no doubt, smart enough to work the liverpool propaganda bandwagon to make him Lionel Messi calibre  - but the fact that europe's big guns never showed any serious interest in buying him speaks volumes, as does the upturn in Liverpool since he left.

Edited by hippo
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, hippo said:

To be fair a couple of seasons he was great those goals he scored, how did he hit the ball so hard, yet keep it so low ? 

But IMO it was a couple of seasons, the rest of the time he spent moaning at referees, in fact moaning about everything, The chap who was 'Liverpool through and through' - almost moved to chelsea until liverpool upper their salary offer !. Was poor for England nearly all the time. 114 caps ? - Jesus wept !

The PR campaign behind him - elevated to world class, god like status - which he never was - but this hampered any Liverpool manager, who was then duty bound to select him, much to the detriment of the team he professed to love. He announced his departure from liverpool months in advance, thus creating a travelling sideshow for that season.

A good player no doubt, smart enough to work the liverpool propaganda bandwagon to make him Lionel Messi calibre  - but the fact that europe's big guns never showed any serious interest in buying him speaks volumes, as does the upturn in Liverpool since he left.

I think they did to be fair.

Still a word removed though, hopefully he is quickly forgotten. Cannot stand the self important tosser.

Don't like him, but I think people let their opinion of a player cloud their judgement. I know it's cool to hate on him, but in his prime he was a sensational player. His strength, engine and ability to play a pass made him a nightmare to play against I imagine. Also had that heart that not many have, he'll keep going against the odds and pull things out of the bag. Yeah, he'll be remembered for that slip. But without him, there's no chance Liverpool get out of the group in 2005 and certainly no way they win it.

As for Scholes. I personally think he's overrated. But even if he is the better player, Scholes is a word removed for retiring so early because he didn't want to play on the left. A position Gerrard later played in to accommodate a Lampard/Barry pairing.

Don't like the bloke, but he was a very, very good player for a number of years.

• Like 2

for me personally he is the epitome of english / premier league football, he runs round at 100mph, he smashes 80 yard passes at 100mph, he smashes 40 yard screamers at 100mph, he smashes opponents with crunching tackles at 100mph, isnt it all **** brilliantly exciting!!!!!!! 

hang on why are every other team in the world playing at a standard pace and only passing it 5 yards?

this "world class" "could play for anyone" type guff you see, no he could play for england and for a premier league club, his attributes suit us and us only, dont get me wrong he's one of the very best at it but theres a reason no one else does it and its not because its too hard...his positional discipline was absolutely atrocious too

also dont like this one club loyalty thing about him, him and agent used chelsea to get a huge pay packet out of liverpool, i would probably love them too if they paid me £200k a week

• Like 2

Gerrard was a good player in his day though terribly overhyped but

a. he is not the best Premier League midfielder ever

b. he isnt the best English midfielder of Premier League era

c. he isnt even the best Liverpool midfielder of Premier League era

Â