The Grand Tour

tonyh29

31 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Yeah, I got that he didn't walk out carrying a dragon egg, but to walk away from a car that's gone down a hill, flipped on to it's roof, and has a wheel dangling off (may be fire damage too, I guess) with nothing but a fractured knee is pretty bloody lucky, I'd say.

Carrying a dragon egg :D

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

First episode of season 2.

More of the same (of course) but slightly better than season 1 who I didn't really enjoy. They changed/removed the parts that didn't really work last season so that's good.

First episode is in Switzerland, so anyone who've watched Youtube knows what that means...

Decent first episode. It's even closer to the old Top Gear format which probably helps. They could bin the celebrity stuff entirely - given how much Amazon has given them you wouldn't think they'd need cheap filler every episode. 

Also the continue the Top Gear similarities, nice to see them continue running strategically place the odd looker in the crowd behind Clarkson's shoulder...

Yeah it was a good first episode and they seem to have listened to what people actually want. 

I can forgive them the first season because with a massive budget and no rules in place its no surprise they went to town but unfortunately most of it didn't work and its the stripped back show that we saw in this new episode is really the best format.

• 2 months later...

The finale this week.. urgh. That wasn't good. Took tired jokes and rammed them into the ground again and again. Worse though... It was completely tone deaf. The concept should never have made it past a first brainstorm.

Literally only enjoyed 1 thing about it, May's hurling the wing mirror.

Otherwise half arsed and not at all good.

Not watched this weeks yet but I've actually watched this series every weekend which is quite surprising, it's never really got above average, the challenges have been pretty boring, the Hammond accident jokes for boring after the 1st one, the celebrity bit is so hit and miss depending on who it is

It's still got something but missing something at the same time, I think the new series of TG will be better

Edited by villa4europe

Overall the series has been pretty good imo. There's a couple of stuff segments, but overall it's been up to decent old school TG fare imo. It's not perfect (the celeb section isn't much cop, not that it ever was but now is so perfunctory as to be daft) but far better than the first series.

• Like 1

Â