The Grand Tour

tonyh29

Just now, tonyh29 said:

It's the best series they've made but then you'd kinda expect that for the budgets being spent

where as the old TG had bits that you envariably had no interest in and would fast forward through this series has been pretty much interesting all the way through 

I'm sold. Cheers pal.

The latest episode is the best they've done so far, largely because of the Ford v Ferrari section, which was genuinely good.

The studio stuff is mostly shit, the celebrity thing absolutely embarrassing, and the scripted comedy stuff is the worst they've done which takes some doing.

• Like 2

i like the studio stuff , it's the link between the segments and works as a bit of light relief ... it's where Evans and co failed miserably with their show  proving that  you can't just chuck people in a studio and hope it works , even if one of them is an irritating little bloke

the celeb death is getting old for sure but it's still a thousand times better than Star in a car or the dreadful star car challenge from the last series 

As I say , easily the best series for me 

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/12/2016 at 20:20, Chindie said:

the Ford v Ferrari section, which was genuinely good.

Have to say, that was the only thing in the entire series so far that I've actually thought was any good.

The two-part dune buggy thing was tortuous.

I really havent enjoyed it. Its even more obviously scripted than when on the Beeb (and less funny); Hammond comes across as a complete tool; the Namibia special was the worst they've ever done (I include India in that) and the celebrity death thing is so surreal there aren't the words to describe it. 

Any more series would tarnish the legacy of what was, once, a very decent show. 

2 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

Any more series would tarnish the legacy of what was, once, a very decent show. 

Anyone know if there will be more? I assume they signed a multi-series deal.

I've watched up to the 2nd part of the Namibia 'special', can't bring myself to watch it the reviews are so bad but part of me wants to for 'completeness'.

Watched the Namibia episodes last night  ...I was in some of those very same areas they went to in August , so I suppose it held my interest longer than it should have but it really was very meh 

they were doing quite well up til then

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Wrong thread, but apparently Richard Hammond has been in another crash. In Switzerland while filming for The Grand Tour.

Car caught fire, he's been taken to hospital.

Looks pretty bad from the picture

Richard-Hammond.jpg

Edited by sne

1 hour ago, sne said:

Wrong thread, but apparently Richard Hammond has been in another crash. In Switzerland while filming for The Grand Tour.

Car caught fire, he's been taken to hospital.

Looks pretty bad from the picture

Richard-Hammond.jpg

Official statement is that he has escaped without serious injury and has a fractured knee. Car burst in to flames after he got out himself. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I must admit, I do hate Richard 'The Hamster' Hammond. Annoying little ****.

He's not even a real hamster and I wish he was dead! Its just a joke, like on top gear, but by coincidence ......

• Like 2

On 10/06/2017 at 19:26, Davkaus said:

How the **** did he get out of that with nothing but a sore knee. He's a very lucky man.

Burnt out car

Because it only went on fire after he got out.  Admittedly quite soon after he got out, but it's not like he escaped from a fireball.

Â