January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

57 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Linked with Chery from QPR.  Not good enough for me.

As for Loftus cheek I don't think he is available on loan I am sure there would premier league clubs interested in him if he was available 

He should fit right in at Villa Park being a shite midfielder

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Villastine said:

Because Bruce has lost faith in Gollini.

The club scouts and Bruce must think that Sam Johnstone is a better option than Bunn.

Bunn is dreadful - at least gollini has potential and hasn't been that bad in my opinion - no doubt Johnstone will be better than bunn but will he be better than gollini?

• Like 1

just want to see a midfield with a backbone jedi with two competent players linking deference and attack and we should be ok

Hourihane shoudl be a go too for one and then someone with a bit of something special. or just someone like Matty James would make me a happier man

6 minutes ago, Villastine said:

Because Bruce has lost faith in Gollini.

The club scouts and Bruce must think that Sam Johnstone is a better option than Bunn.

Perhaps they have lost total faith, but I thought he had potential and those links to Inter Milan a while back suggested likewise.

I trust Bruce more than Sherwood, Garde & RDM so hopefully it will be for the best. 

1 minute ago, Garvey13 said:

just want to see a midfield with a backbone jedi with two competent players linking deference and attack and we should be ok

Hourihane shoudl be a go too for one and then someone with a bit of something special. or just someone like Matty James would make me a happier man

The 2 you have named would be excellent additions and transform our midfield

• Like 2

Just now, pintpotvilla said:

Sky Sports "sources" say we are "preparing" a bid for Henri Lansbury

Another decent option and d expect forest would rather deal with us than derby 

Edited by Eastie

Just now, pintpotvilla said:

The package will be wrapped in speeding fines & an old Arsenal jersey to catch his attention, but it takes a bit of time to perfect of course.

• Like 2

Just now, Bomvilla7 said:

The package will be wrapped in speeding fines & an old Arsenal jersey to catch his attention, but it takes a bit of time to perfect of course.

He has baggage that's true but is undoubtedly an improvement on what we have .

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

He has baggage that's true but is undoubtedly an improvement on what we have .

I wholeheartedly agree. Him plus Hourihane, or Tom Carroll, or jesus even David Meyler would help things currently

1 minute ago, Bomvilla7 said:

I wholeheartedly agree. Him plus Hourihane, or Tom Carroll, or jesus even David Meyler would help things currently

Something anything other that the two we had to start yesterday. the Lansbury links seem to be gaining momentum 

Just now, Bomvilla7 said:

Hourihane for me would be a great signing - exactly what's needed and with passion and desire too at a decent price due to his contract situation - he would be my first target in midfield but I think we need another too in that area as well as a couple elsewhere.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

What the the bloody hell does "preparing a bid" mean? Are they maybe waiting for the fax machine to be serviced?

Another transfer window favourite of mine is, 'X club are considering a bid' because that suggests the rags can actually read minds. 

rocket polishers, i hate sports journalists. 

Right....Here's my take...with a tiny bit of info from someone whom has called a few things before.

I think we'd like Hourihane,but what's in it for Barnsley and indeed the player.He's out of contract in 5 months,where he'd be able to pick up a very fat juicy one from a number of teams....He'd be a great signing for anyone departing the premiership for example.Also,Barnsley,I suspect,would prefer to make their position concrete rather than accept 3/4/5 million.Unless we start waving around 45k a week and 6/7 million I think we'll be in limbo with him.

As for Lansbury,firstly he's definitely from the Richards,Gabby,Lescott M.O mixed with an ego that needs purring. No thanks.Apparently off to Watford.

Looking objectively,we need experience and knowhow in midfield.We appear to be outbattled and unable to dictate the tempo.Bruce's teams are always combative,but he's also partial to a ballplayer in there...Huddleston,Ferguson for the Dogshite.One of the names i hear is Larrson of Sunderland,but we have more silky irons on the go too.....Someone on Twatter did suggest we were interested in Mikel prior to him signing for Valencia,and there may have been some mileage in that,which bodes well.

I think he also fancies a more robust centre forward.Not one of them is effective with their back to goal...or effective up front on their own...Literally someone like Ulloa or Hernandez...Pace,strength on their own effectively...Something Gestede was unable to do.Kodija looks more threatening with space to operate,and fails to cope with a physical approach,as fantastic as he's been.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A38villan said:

Going to get slaughtered for this, but if we didn't sign anyone I would not of minded seeing this:

gollini 

Hutton   chester   baker      cissokho 

richards   jedi

Adomah                                 amavi 

mccormack 

kodjia 

Jedi and richards to break up play and supporting played to take the Ball of them (similar to how sanchez is supported when he play for columbia)

Let the slaughter begin...

I'll slaughter you...it's Colombia!!!! Not Columbia!!!! Argh... pisses me off, but that's for another thread ;)

• Like 1