Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Yes the game itself was very low down on our list of priorities for the season, but the manner of the defeat again raises questions. 

Yes we made 10 changes but this was no 'back against the walls, knick one on the break' FA cup fluke, Peterborough fully deserved that. They were the better team for large parts of the match and being played off the park by a mid table League 1 team is worrying. 

1 minute ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Of course it's irrelevant in the big scheme of things, no question, but the shame is in the loss of momentum. 

Only one of the 11 from Monday started today - momentum won’t be lost 

1 minute ago, av1 said:

Yes the game itself was very low down on our list of priorities for the season, but the manner of the defeat again raises questions. 

Yes we made 10 changes but this was no 'back against the walls, knick one on the break' FA cup fluke, Peterborough fully deserved that. They were the better team for large parts of the match and being played off the park by a mid table League 1 team is worrying. 

Probably showed some that our squad players aren’t as good as they think and shows why they are not starters . 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Who cares really 

5 minutes ago, Eastie said:

This !

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Yeah, can't say i'm bothered at all. 

Sorry lads i can't agree. 

In the grand of scheme of things defeat is probably a blessing in disguise with regard to our priorities this season, but i hate seeing us lose in any game. The game itself may have been unimportant but being played off the park at home by Peterborough is a disgrace. 

Just now, av1 said:

Sorry lads i can't agree. 

In the grand of scheme of things defeat is probably a blessing in disguise with regard to our priorities this season, but i hate seeing us lose in any game. The game itself may have been unimportant but being played off the park at home by Peterborough is a disgrace. 

In some ways it justifies why Bruce doesn’t start those players very often - they blew their chance to shine . 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Only one of the 11 from Monday started today - momentum won’t be lost 

Again mate, i disagree. 

Momentum manifests itself in many ways, not least with the fans. 

Winning today would have maintained a feel good factor with the fans after a comprehensive win against Bristol City. Defeat (irrelevant of the 11 players selected), knocks us back into disappointment. 

Winning creates momentum, a loss certainly effects that imo.  

Glad Bruce made so many changes and if we'd have won with our first eleven he'd have been slaughtered and rightly so.

I'm just very surprised at how poor the rest of our squad are though. Now I understand why we need players back so quickly and why players have been played out of position on occasion this season.

Hopefully this will stop the "play the fantastic youngsters" screams for a while because from what we've seen today, they are dog sh1t.

Back to business next week.....

Edited by London Villa
  • Like 1

We made 10 changes today but the way this team was set up was a joke. Birkir at DM?  Starting with 2 RB’s? Bruce talked all week about trying kids out but the only new thing we saw was a rare OHare start. Bruce will come out and use excuses but we’ve had more performances like today than we have Bristol City. His substitutions were awful. Wrong people taken off at the wrong time. We were totally outplayed and ive no idea what Onomahhas to do to get subbed. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, av1 said:

Again mate, i disagree. 

Momentum manifests itself in many ways, not least with the fans. 

Winning today would have maintained a feel good factor with the fans after a comprehensive win against Bristol City. Defeat (irrelevant of the 11 players selected), knocks us back into disappointment. 

Winning creates momentum, a loss certainly effects that imo.  

Doesn’t knock me into disappointment - the league is the be all and end all this season and we are bang in the race - the more games our competitors play the better .

5 minutes ago, Eastie said:

In some ways it justifies why Bruce doesn’t start those players very often - they blew their chance to shine . 

Again mate, only my opinion but that team should have been good enough to beat Peterborough. 

And lets not forget that;

Bjarnasson

Neil Taylor

John Terry

Hourihane

James Bree 

Josh Onamoh

Were all signed by Bruce. And of those that were not, RDL has PL experience, and we all agree that Green, Davis and O'hare are very good prospects. 

So even if you are of the opinion that the team today didn't have a god given right to beat Peterborough, Bruce has to take his fair share of the blame. 

Think the only issues created from todays result is yet another knock in the confidence of the team (If they are bothered) and the momentum lost in the teams results. I think Bruce will pay the price from fans if we don't push on and beat Forest next Saturday.

Having said that, today wasn't a massive game let's be honest. I'd rather we chased promotion than using valuable energy and resources on a cup run. 

It's disappointing that we are where we are, but let's hope we can carry on in the league and get out of this mess.

• Like 1

Just now, av1 said:

Again mate, only my opinion but that team should have been good enough to beat Peterborough. 

And lets not forget that;

Bjarnasson

Neil Taylor

John Terry

Hourihane

James Bree 

Josh Onamoh

Were all signed by Bruce. And of those that were not, RDL has PL experience, and we all agree that Green, Davis and O'hare are very good prospects. 

So even if you are of the opinion that the team today didn't have a god given right to beat Peterborough, Bruce has to take his fair share of the blame. 

That team should have been good enough to win yes , the fact that they weren’t  suggests maybe they should look at themselves - players far more to blame for  me today than the manager and I’ve been one of his biggest critics in recent weeks .

Posh were up for it and our players weren’t .

4 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

we’ve had more performances like today than we have Bristol City. 

100% agree

I have to ask of the people who have said this shows the fringe players aren't good enough, we're you actually at the game? Because that result rests largely on Bruce! 

Regardless if you want to go through or not, if you're 1-0 up you see the game out! The guy is taking us nowhere. But I'm sure we'll get an injury and he'll fluke a young player coming in and doing well soon and the 'Where's all the Bruce out'ers?' will be shouted like it isn't a perfectly valid opinion! 

• Like 4

Â