Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

5 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Redknapp had a week on the train into pitch and achieved more than Bruce in 8 months.

Damn it.  I thought we had won! Thanks for spoiling the rest of my Sunday. 

• Like 2

It was poor today, it's a good job really them lot are truly awful. Wasn't a point I was too worried we'd concede. Big summer ahead for the club, not really transfer wise but Bruce has to get some sort of playing style going at least. 

A wins a win though so I won't complain too much and I'll enjoy it. Seasons over now so might as well put all the kids out against Blackburn ;)

11 minutes ago, Eastie said:

We've won a lot of games without playing well this season - imagine what could happen if we do eventually click and start playing well ;) 

That's very true that's why I'm willing to give Bruce more time. rDM we played the same and either lost the game or conceded in last 5 minutes

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

Just now, Farlz said:

It was poor today, it's a good job really them lot are truly awful. Wasn't a point I was too worried we'd concede. Big summer ahead for the club, not really transfer wise but Bruce has to get some sort of playing style going at least. 

A wins a win though so I won't complain too much and I'll enjoy it. Seasons over now so might as well put all the kids out against Blackburn ;)

He said on WM that he was expecting a big summer with lots of player changes.  Sounds like there is going to be quite a few comings and goings. 

Just now, sidcow said:

He said on WM that he was expecting a big summer with lots of player changes.  Sounds like there is going to be quite a few comings and goings. 

How does that affect our stability that some hold so dear, might just as well sack the manger if is going to sign another 5 or 6 to go with the lot he signed in January.

• Like 1

I see what you see.

but my interpretation is much different from yours.

but I also see a Harry Redknapp team that has emulated a Gary Rowett team....so maybe he didn't need much time to explain it.

This Blues team was above us until a Rowett left and brought in a manager that tried to    Introduce a brand of football the players could not capitalise from.....just like we had a RDM team that our players could not capitalise with his theories.

you can have all the gameplans and systems in creation.......but you have to have the players to play them.

9 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

So scared of being the one to give the ball away.

I wish this were true. Most of them seem to be chomping at the bit to give the ball away. And also very keen to dwell on the ball for unnecessary long periods to ensure they are tackled as well. 

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I see what you see.

but I also see a Harry Redknapp team that has emulated a Gary Rowett team....so maybe he didn't need much time to explain it.

This Blues team was above us until a Rowett left and brought in a manager that tried to    Introduce a brand of football the players could not capitalise from.....just like we had a RDM team that our players could not capitalise with his theories.

you can have all the gameplans and systems in creation.......but you have to have the players to play them.

I'd like to see him try at least one game plan before Xmas.......

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

I see what you see.

Again I will ask the same question that others ask you but as yet haven't answered, who are these players?

1 minute ago, mykeyb said:

How does that affect our stability that some hold so dear, might just as well sack the manger if is going to sign another 5 or 6 to go with the lot he signed in January.

When you have fallen as far as we have .......you are never going to replace them in one window with suitable quality to take us back to where we want to be.

It has to be a gradual improving process.......players that are good enough ,will not want to sign for us......we have to sign marginally better until our status improves and we can once again sign who we want.

its a slow evolving process for us now.

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

But ironically had they (Blues) continued their "hard to beat"style under Rowett, they would have possibly been still above us.

Zola is from the champagne football camp and these Blues players and ours have not got the quality to play it......arguably RDM is another one from that camp, who thought he could do it......the similarities are alarming.

Its all very well, talking attacking football but you have to have players who can do i it without constantly losing the ball....we have players who attempt it and the moves break down......we are not ready for it.

Steve Bruce was right to make us " hard to beat" in his initial approach.....He himself see's what we see....he has said today, we have much to do to improve and expects a busy summer.

that says a lot to me.

We have two 20 goal a season strikers, the likes of Adomah, Grealish. Lansbury had 6 goals and 3 assists in his 18 games for Forest before he signed for us, Hourihan 6 goals and 11 assists in his 25 games for Barnsley.

And yet suddenly when they play for us all of them apart from Kodjia have lost that ability?

We need to get over this idea that we can only either have 'grind out the wins' type football, or pretty football that does not get results. 

Why can't we play decent football, keep the ball better, score goals and get wins - just like the teams higher up the table?

Bruce will have no excuse next season - the style of play must improve.

• Like 4

Just now, TRO said:

When you have fallen as far as we have .......you are never going to replace them in one window with suitable quality to take us back to where we want to be.

It has to be a gradual improving process.......players that are good enough ,will not want to sign for us......we have to sign marginally better until our status improves and we can once again sign who we want.

its a slow evolving process for us now.

I agree with that but don't see how bacuna can start ahead of hourihane who has the most assists in the whole division .

9 minutes ago, sidcow said:

So then he gets the excuse of new players needing time. 

I can't believe we actually won a local derby and thus jeopardising small heath's championship status with all the moaning on here.

Yes it wasn't pretty, it never is but can't we just bask in the sunshine of another victory, clean sheet and further confirmation that the city is indeed ours. 

Give the moaning a day off, it deserves a rest. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Isn't it true though? 

We shouldn't need another complete squad overhaul.

We've just beaten the Blues. Couldn't you wait perhaps just till tomorrow to resume the Bruce Bashing?  Everyone else is getting pissed and enjoying themselves. 

2 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I can't believe we actually won a local derby and thus jeopardising small heath's championship status with all the moaning on here.

Yes it wasn't pretty, it never is but can't we just bask in the sunshine of another victory, clean sheet and further confirmation that the city is indeed ours. 

Give the moaning a day off, it deserves a rest. 

I've got higher hopes that just beating those jokers heading to league 1. 

Just now, sidcow said:

We've just beaten the Blues. Couldn't you wait perhaps just till tomorrow to resume the Bruce Bashing?  Everyone else is getting pissed and enjoying themselves. 

I had a great time at villa park. It was awesome. 

Sharing my doubts about Bruce on a forum doesn't change that. 

• Like 1

Â