Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

16 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Hey Steve, if you're reading this thread.

We need to go into the Blackburn game with a really strong line-up to finish the season on a high.

Something like:

Bunn

De Laet Richards Grealish Kozak

Johnstone Bjarnason Hepburn-Murphy Sarkic

McCormack Hutton

Hang on a minute... there's something wrong with this line up... 

Ah, I know, we can't play McCormack as he's on loan and we're going to loan Januzaj in next season. Bloody FA red tape.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Hang on a minute... there's something wrong with this line up... 

Ah, I know, we can't play McCormack as he's on loan and we're going to loan Januzaj in next season. Bloody FA red tape.

De Laet has a slight knock so might also be doubtful.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

At some point we need to see a performance, not going to happen this season is it.

Hate him or hate him Redknapp had them playing to a system to make it difficult for us, Bruce has not implemented a system in 35 games.......Says it all.

Or Gabby came on to rally the troops that should not have had to happen......too many players with no fire in their bellies, no effect, no contribution, no self respect.

He changed the game.....and the players responded.

It may not happen next season either.......but it will happen.

IMO you make too much play on systems and not enough on the players themselves.

11 minutes ago, sne said:

Fair enough.

Who are the players you feel need replacing?

Many.....also, too many are too samey.

I think he will bring in c 5-6 in the summer.

when Gabby had to galvanise things.......there are still too many issues.

I was always of the opinion that this will take an evolving process over many windows.....don't see many of these players being with us if we are to progress.

Edited by TRO

Let the leash off Bruce and allow players to play with freedom otherwise you will be out of a job by Christmas. We still look and play like a side who have never met each other. Stale. Turgid. No movement. No invention. No risks. No urgency. No pace

• Like 2

Just now, TRO said:

Many.....also, too many are too samey.

I think he will bring in c 5-6 in the summer.

when Gabby had to galvanise things.......there are still too many issues.

Any ones in particular?

Vintage stuff under Bruce, grind out an ugly win playing ugly football against inferior opposition assembled for less than 1/10th of the cost of our team. 

It's really very important that we get off to a good start next season. Bruce may well be a necessary evil to get us out of this league, but it is absolutely horrific to watch and I really can't wait to see the back of him. 

• Like 3

Tony Morley scoffing all these formations on WM, saying it's a load of old rubbish.

Said Harry just set them up " hard to beat".....and got them fired up.

When you have teams like us and Blues you have to initially set them up "hard to beat"

we still have a long way to go.

Tony said "Gabby wins a tackle and gets the crowd going, that says a lot about the other players, what were they doing to fire up the crowd?

Edited by TRO

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Vintage stuff under Bruce, grind out an ugly win playing ugly football against inferior opposition assembled for less than 1/10th of the cost of our team. 

It's really very important that we get off to a good start next season. Bruce may well be a necessary evil to get us out of this league, but it is absolutely horrific to watch and I really can't wait to see the back of him. 

I just want next season to be over, for better or worse.

Either we'll be promoted, Great!

Or we'll have a new manager, not great, but at least a silver lining.

32 minutes ago, TRO said:

I do not subscribe to the theory that Steve Bruce is playing like this out of choice.

He is playing like it because he feels it's his only way to get wins and points.Necessity is the mother of invention.

what comes first the chicken or the egg......The players have to show enough, that allows SB to give them the licence to attack......but they get beat by their opponent far too often, that puts us back on the back foot And sucks us in to defence.

Steve has already just admitted that he has much work to do and has also admitted to a busy summer ahead......which tells you the players are not good enough.

Gabby should not have to rally the troops like he did.....many of them are simply not up to it.

Redknapp had a week on the train into pitch and achieved more than Bruce in 8 months.

Fair enough you think the players are at fault I and other fans are saying that Bruce is more than culpable. Not sure what you will see on the pitch not how long it will take until you see what many of us see game in game out.

I do not subscribe to the theory that Steve Bruce is playing like this out of choice.

He is playing like it because he feels it's his only way to get wins and points.Necessity is the mother of invention.

what comes first the chicken or the egg......The players have to show enough, that allows SB to give them the licence to attack......but they get beat by their opponent far too often, that puts us back on the back foot And sucks us in to defence.

Steve has already just admitted that he has much work to do and has also admitted to a busy summer ahead......which tells you the players are not good enough.

Gabby should not have to rally the troops like he did.....many of them are simply not up to it.

Redknapp had a week on the train into pitch and achieved more than Bruce in 8 months.

Fair enough you think the players are at fault I and other fans are saying that Bruce is more than culpable. Not sure what you will see on the pitch not how long it will take until you see what many of us see game in game out.

14 minutes ago, TRO said:

Tony Morley scoffing all these formations on WM, saying it's a load of old rubbish.

Said Harry just set them up " hard to beat".....and got them fired up.

When you have teams like us and Blues you have to initially set them up "hard to beat"

we still have a long way to go.

Tony said "Gabby wins a tackle and gets the crowd going, that says a lot about the other players, what were they doing to fire up the crowd?

That is the worry. Watching Gabby not give a **** and not fearful just highlighted the fact everyone is so timid. So scared of making a mistake. So scared of being the one to give the ball away. I think this club and stadium is too big for a few of them.

8 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

But ironically had they (Blues) continued their "hard to beat"style under Rowett, they would have possibly been still above us.

Zola is from the champagne football camp and these Blues players and ours have not got the quality to play it......arguably RDM is another one from that camp, who thought he could do it......the similarities are alarming.

Its all very well, talking attacking football but you have to have players who can do i it without constantly losing the ball....we have players who attempt it and the moves break down......we are not ready for it.

Steve Bruce was right to make us " hard to beat" in his initial approach.....He himself see's what we see....he has said today, we have much to do to improve and expects a busy summer.

that says a lot to me.

28 minutes ago, TRO said:

Or Gabby came on to rally the troops that should not have had to happen......too many players with no fire in their bellies, no effect, no contribution, no self respect.

He changed the game.....and the players responded.

It may not happen next season either.......but it will happen.

IMO you make too much play on systems and not enough on the players themselves.

Yes definitely the players at fault and not Bruce, how did he expect us to score today, Hogan was completely isolated, Grealish and Adomah didn't get on the ball enough and offered no support to our lone striker. If you think that's the players fault then I am wasting my time debating the manager as you don't appear to understand the basics. Sorry.

• Like 1

Â