Let's check in with Olof (Swedish Football)

Midfielder

It's an interesting move. 

Fremad Amager got new owners about a year ago. A young (30-ish year old) guy from Monaco who made a fortune on real-estate. He's been pouring money into the club ever since and they looked like a good team this spring.

They are a very interesting case. The director of sport is a 29 year old russian guy that was brought in from a scouting agency that relied heavily on statistics and algorithms. I know some have talked about us using the Moneyball-philosophy. These guys lives it. 

It'll be interesting to see Fremad Amager moving forward with Olof at the helm.  

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, NPDK said:

It's an interesting move. 

Fremad Amager got new owners about a year ago. A young (30-ish year old) guy from Monaco who made a fortune on real-estate. He's been pouring money into the club ever since and they looked like a good team this spring.

They are a very interesting case. The director of sport is a 29 year old russian guy that was brought in from a scouting agency that relied heavily on statistics and algorithms. I know some have talked about us using the Moneyball-philosophy. These guys lives it. 

It'll be interesting to see Fremad Amager moving forward with Olof at the helm.  

So they've taken a leaf out of Midtjylland's book.

2 hours ago, BOF said:

So they've taken a leaf out of Midtjylland's book.

Most definitely. Especially considering that the owner is involved with a group of people, looking into purchasing clubs throughout Europe and build some sort of empire with a lot of feeder clubs to one big club (kind of like the Midtjylland and Brentford connection). It'll be very interesting to see if anything comes from it (I personally doubt it).

So another player has his season ruined by those plastic pitches that for some reason are allowed in Allsvenskan.

Patrik Paka Karlsson has his ACL ruptured playing on that doormat of a pitch in Östersund.

I hate those pitches so much.

Edited by sne

On 03/07/2019 at 13:27, sne said:

So another player has his season ruined by those plastic pitches that for some reason are allowed in Allsvenskan.

Patrik Paka Karlsson has his ACL ruptured playing on that doormat of a pitch in Östersund.

I hate those pitches so much.

Sounds a bit extreme that plastic grass causes and ACL rupture? Would be interesting to see some statistics on injuries after the introduction of these pitches. Especially strain injuries. It's an endless discussion whether they're good or bad here in Norway. 

Most players and coaches seems to prefer grass. However when alternative to plastic grass is a snow covered potato field, it's hard not to opt for the plastic. 

3 hours ago, Skruff said:

Sounds a bit extreme that plastic grass causes and ACL rupture? Would be interesting to see some statistics on injuries after the introduction of these pitches. Especially strain injuries. It's an endless discussion whether they're good or bad here in Norway. 

Most players and coaches seems to prefer grass. However when alternative to plastic grass is a snow covered potato field, it's hard not to opt for the plastic. 

Not seen any stats regarding men's football but in women football there is apparently a very high numbers of knee injuries on plastic pitches.

That might partly be down to weaker legs or poorer training but apparently it's a very big issue.

Norway might be even worse for weather but in Sweden it's mainly down to clubs not owning their stadium and the town wanting to use the stadium for concerts and other crap to make as much money as possible.

47 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Plastic pitches save clubs especially smaller clubs more money per season especially in colder countries

Not in Sweden as pretty much no club bar Malmö FF own their stadium and they have grass.

It's the city that saves/earns money by using it for non football events

40 minutes ago, sne said:

Not in Sweden as pretty much no club bar Malmö FF own their stadium and they have grass.

It's the city that saves/earns money by using it for non football events

Club saves money i meant in games needing to be rearranged(some leagues fine clubs if too many postponed) , groundsmen, policing costs on rearranging games. Also tv games are protected for clubs

Interview with Mellberg.

After 1.5 years in the media shadow, Olof Mellberg is back on the coach bench.

The allsvensky media circus, however, he keeps away from when he is now a new manager in the Danish second-generation team Fremad Amager.

- I believe in what the club can do and what we can do for it, says the former national team captain and the BP coach. 

Left BP - continued his education

At the end of the 2017 season, Olof Mellberg announced that he did not want to continue in the Brommapojkarna - even though he led the club to the All Swedish Championship and that his coach dispensation had been approved. Mellberg still knows, a little more than two years later, that the decision was right.

- I do not regret leaving the Brommapojkarna. We had a fantastic development and worked very, very well with many things, but it was a long process and a decision that emerged. 

What have you done instead? 

- Still educating me. I was in a process where I conducted the so-called CBA education, an intensive training for former elite players when I finished in BP. In the same vein, I would start the UEFA Pro training. It has been useful - I got the opportunity to do it and then it was to take advantage of it. 

- I notice that now when I am back in the "bubble"; now we are here and this is the case. Sometimes it may be useful to get some other impressions, which I got when I wasn't working actively with football, he says.

https://www.expressen.se/kvallsposten/sport/fotboll/allsvenskan/mellberg-oppnar-for-allsvensk-aterkomst/

• 1 month later...

And in a move that will surprise absolutely no one Henrik Larsson has resigned from his post as manager of Helsingborg IF.

After a whopping 2 months at the post having had minimal positive impact he decides to leave with the club hovering just above the relegation places stating verbal abuse as the reason.

The fans turning on him (again) was utterly predictable after what happened last time he was at the club. Him being a mediocre at best manager with a massive ego also doesn't help.

• 2 weeks later...

Olof Mellberg has stepped in and taken over from Henrik Larsson at Helsingborg to try and save them from relegation.

Tough ask, they are a mess.

Apparently it's a multi year contract

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, sne said:

Olof Mellberg has stepped in and taken over from Henrik Larsson at Helsingborg to try and save them from relegation.

Tough ask, they are a mess.

Apparently it's a multi year contract

Whut?

He's only been at Fremad for 5 minutes

9 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Whut?

He's only been at Fremad for 5 minutes

Yeah it's really out of the blue.

There is a presser at 15 where he'll be announced apparently.

Bigger club and higher level than Fremad but still very unexpected.

6 hours ago, sne said:

Yeah it's really out of the blue.

There is a presser at 15 where he'll be announced apparently.

Bigger club and higher level than Fremad but still very unexpected.

There does appear to be a definite gulf between an Allsvenskan A and an Allsvenskan B this season with Helsingborg in the wrong one :)  It certainly appears to be a far from impossible task though.

Who knows.  This could be the serendipitous appointment that sets him on his rightful path to managerial greatness :D  

• Like 1

Â