Let's check in with Olof (Swedish Football)

Midfielder

And today Nilsson-Lindelöf became a father to a baby boy so it turns out it was totally reasonable for him to pull out of the games against Romania and Norway.

What with him not pulling out of his girlfriend...

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I had totally missed this.

Newly promoted Falkenberg FF's arena is called Falcon Alkoholfri Arena, (Falcon is a Swedish brewery)

Translated to English the name of the arena is "Falcon Non-alcoholic Arena" :crylaugh:

It is illegal with alcohol advertising in Sweden...

On a less funny note, this is the view from the arena atm where a 16 story building is on fire.

640@60.jpg

Edited by sne
  • Sad 1

Falkenberg, my hometown. Lovely little town with not much of football history at all and no money in the club plays in Allsvenskan for the 2nd time and 4th season, which is quite amazing. Only known players coming from the club are Pär Zetterberg and Niclas Eliasson.

Hm, that house, could be the house where my parents lived some 10 years ago. Why have I missed that?

• Like 1

Wow!

That was the best I've seen Blåvitt play in, I can't even remember.

Granted AIK had a day of to put it mildly but IFK didn't give them any time to build something.

The pressing and number of recoveries was beyond anything you usually see in Allsvenskan. Perfectly executed by this very young team.

Alhassan "Hasse" Yusuf must be Kanté level of annoying to play against, he was everywhere, all the time.

At only 18 he's one to keep an eye on. As is Nygren and Paka of course.

Starting to think relegation is not on the cards after all this season. 3-0 against AIK is fantastic.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

after Pontus Jansson being a word removed, yesterday was really a shameful day for Malmo alumni :P 

Onuoha rejects Zlatan Ibrahimovic apology after threat to 'hurt' him during game

Zlatan Ibrahimovic has once again found himself at the centre of a storm after clashing with Nedum Onuoha during an MLS game on Sunday.

Ibrahimovic scored the winner for LA Galaxy in their 2-1 over Real Salt Lakebut had clashed with former Manchester City defender Onuoha in the 60th minute, throwing his opponent to the ground.

Embedded video

Nedum Onuoha explains to @syarock what happened when Zlatan came into the @realsaltlake locker room and why he didn't accept Zlatan's apology. #RSL #mls #rsltid

The Swede went to the Real Salt Lake dressing room after the game to offer his apologies, but Onuoha said he was unwilling to accept Ibrahimovic’s gesture.

Read more

“He came in to apologise after the game, because from 60 minutes in, he’s saying to me he’s going to do me, he’s going to hurt me for that game,” Onuoha told reporters. “And this is the guy who’s the face of MLS, as he calls himself, but this is the way he plays on the field. So I don’t care. Someone comes in and tries to do that to me – you don’t say that on the field. I don’t care. I’m not going to accept his apology. It’s unacceptable.”

Ibrahimovic said he had no regrets over the confrontation. “I like to feel alive,” Ibrahimovic said after the game. “I like when it becomes duels and that, because sometimes – not that I fall asleep, but I don’t feel alive if they don’t actually activate me. When I get angry, I feel good.”

The motivation appears to be working: Galaxy are second in the MLS Western Conference, and Ibrahimovic is the league’s second-highest scorer with eight goals in seven games this season.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/apr/29/zlatan-ibrahimovic-nedum-onuoha-mls-galaxy-real-salt-lake

Zlatan has always been nothing but a massive dickhead but celebrity worship culture excuses such behaviour apparently because how dare anyone speak bad against legendary people 🙄

On 24/04/2019 at 19:16, sne said:

I had totally missed this.

Newly promoted Falkenberg FF's arena is called Falcon Alkoholfri Arena, (Falcon is a Swedish brewery)

Translated to English the name of the arena is "Falcon Non-alcoholic Arena" :crylaugh:

It is illegal with alcohol advertising in Sweden...

On a less funny note, this is the view from the arena atm where a 16 story building is on fire.

640@60.jpg

I see they've put up a signal behind the goal to summon the help of the Batman.

13 hours ago, Troglodyte said:

I see they've put up a signal behind the goal to summon the help of the Batman.

And lit the beacon to muster the Rohirrim and get help from Rohan

• 4 weeks later...

Martin Olsson who was released by Swansea after an injury plagued season was arrested over the weekend for hitting a police woman outside a club in Helsingborg.

In the scuffle he also broke his £100k watch :D 

Terrific end to the Häcken - IFK Göteborg "derby"

Göteborg winning it 2 - 1 with the second to last touch of the game on 7 minutes extra time :D 

• 4 weeks later...

Olof Mellber on his way to Danish second division side Fremad Amager to serve as assistant manager to Azrudin Valentic.

Azrudin Valentic was assistant manager to Olof Mellberg at Brommapojkarna.

1 hour ago, sne said:

Olof Mellber on his way to Danish second division side Fremad Amager to serve as assistant manager to Azrudin Valentic.

Azrudin Valentic was assistant manager to Olof Mellberg at Brommapojkarna.

Strange he can't get another job after what he did at Bromma

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Strange he can't get another job after what he did at Bromma

sure he can, he's supposedly turned down a coupe of clubs in Sweden already.

Think he takes it slow on purpose 

1 hour ago, sne said:

Think he takes it slow on purpose so he's good and ready for AVFC in the future

3 hours ago, sne said:

Think he takes it slow on purpose 

Maybe but management seems the type of game that if out for a while its hard to get back in

• 2 weeks later...

A closer look at 'Boldklubben Fremad Amager' shows us that unlike Bromma, they are very much not used to being in the top flight, so this won't be a gimme promotion and they have little to no prestige attached to them other than the mighty Mellberg obviously.

Their last stint in the top flight was the 'Autumn 1994' season (they seemingly had 2 seasons per year back then) and previous to that was 1980.  Since '94 they've mostly been in the 2nd tier but more recently they've dropped as low as the 5th tier in 09/10.  This will be their 4th consecutive season in the 2nd tier having spent the previous 5 years in the 3rd.  They've improved year on year and came 5th last season.  Only the Champion goes up automatically.  The next 2 seem to go into a promotion playoff.  It also seems the teams play each other 3 times over the season, which is a little odd.  33 games in a 12 team league. 

Objectively, Denmark would seem a minor step up in quality from Sweden (no offence to our Swedish brethren), given the league's higher UEFA co-efficient, but in reality they're pretty much identical and the 2nd tier is its own beast anyway.

Best of luck Olly.

Â