Football Manager 2017

V01

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

After the trouble I had a few months ago when my pc crashed, I started saving on the Steam Cloud and not locally. 

Frustratingly my pc crashed again and needed a reinstall, I've downloaded Steam again but only have Cloud saves from a few months back and have lost loads of progress.

Anyone got any ideas what has happened or how to fix it?

Unfortunately mate it would seem your settings somehow have changed and your game was not saving in steam. But I'm not real savvy with this stuff so someone else might have a different take on it

• Like 1

So Hull somehow are a mega rich team. 

Tried to sign young GK Padraig Rajkovic, hull signed him for 8 mill on put him on 155k p/w. 

Thought I'd get a coup signing of Balotelli except hull offered 170k p/w

Looks like Villa will be a long term project.

So far I've signed,

Daniel Ayala from Boro (10.5 mill)

Frederico Bonazzoli (3.4 mill)

Deal fell through for David Ospina because I didnt quite have the funds. 

Gabby and Micah on a combined sum of 124k p/w ruining everything for me. Words removed. 

So looks like Gollini will start my first season in the PL in goals with Artur Boruc vying for the spot. 

19 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Unfortunately mate it would seem your settings somehow have changed and your game was not saving in steam. But I'm not real savvy with this stuff so someone else might have a different take on it

It was saving and loading fine from the cloud before the crash, the saves now are just not there or older versions. Which I don't understand.

I'm curious if it's because steam is reading my pc as a different computer now.

Have you, by any chance, changed the location you're looking for?

ie. rather than having the cloud radio button selected it's the local one?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

It was saving and loading fine from the cloud before the crash, the saves now are just not there or older versions. Which I don't understand.

I'm curious if it's because steam is reading my pc as a different computer now.

@Rds1983 the post by @V01 triggered my memory (cos its fading) I had a similar problem once when I got my new PC. Check the location in your steam cloud. 

On 2017-7-5 at 19:05, V01 said:

Have you, by any chance, changed the location you're looking for?

ie. rather than having the cloud radio button selected it's the local one?

No idea, I'll take a look when I get back home on Sunday night.

Thanks

Going alright managing Villa in the Premier League (17/18). Sitting mid-table with 33 points from 25 games, got a 4th round FA Cup tie away to Brighton and we are in the League Cup Final against United. So with a bit of luck we could survive relegation and get some silverware.

I was wondering, would people be interested if I started a new game unemployed and went forward 15 or so seasons to see how Xia's Villa go and where our players end up?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hornso said:

Going alright managing Villa in the Premier League (17/18). Sitting mid-table with 33 points from 25 games, got a 4th round FA Cup tie away to Brighton and we are in the League Cup Final against United. So with a bit of luck we could survive relegation and get some silverware.

I was wondering, would people be interested if I started a new game unemployed and went forward 15 or so seasons to see how Xia's Villa go and where our players end up?

For sure.

• Like 1

Not too far behind you @Hornso in the same season. In my save I have villa 12th, 18pts after 14 games. Highlight so far is I beat ManC 1-0. 

A funny stat, I have only scored 8 goals (19th), but Ive only conceded 10 (2nd). I'm creating lots of chances but my strike force (hogan, kodjia, bonazzoli) just aren't firing often enough. In contrast 37 y.o Artur Boruc is an absolute beast, made many many great saves. 

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1

Does anybody play with attribute masking on, I dont think I have ever played a game with it on. I think it might stop people building teams or wonderkids really quickly which is probably a good thing. 

18 minutes ago, Nicho said:

Does anybody play with attribute masking on, I dont think I have ever played a game with it on. I think it might stop people building teams or wonderkids really quickly which is probably a good thing. 

Never had it off

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, villakram said:

the only attributes you should see are those you scout, anything else is blasphemy imho

Not judging others but I can't see the point, totally negates your scouting network and quality of your scouts. The amount of times I've missed out on a player I was scouting only to find out he was a bargain or a brilliant player. 

4 hours ago, Nicho said:

I have it on in my save. Usually I go on the net and look for wonder kids etc. This time around I thought it'd be fun to back my real life knowledge and my scouts opinions. See how I go from there.

• Like 1

Haven't done an update in a while soooooooooo

Ended up resigning from Lincoln in December 2029. I knew at that point I wasn't going to be challenging for the league so after 14 seasons with them I called it a day and took over at Inter Milan, this was a side that had finished 2nd in the past couple seasons but somehow when I joined were sitting in 15th. They hadn't really lost many games but they were picking up way too many draws. Quickly realised this was a pretty good squad and I managed to end the season finishing in 4th, only losing 3 league games since I took over.
e9a3c6e8406e067a81c6faae2c885942.png

Along with that I managed a couple trophy wins, the Coppa Italia and then the Europa League
d0d8e2faedb154f6c31519dd9955b0b9.pngd4f15d7e48d493ffdc8dae342d9262c8.png

15th to 4th w/ 2 trophies in a few months isn't bad at all if I do say so myself. Season over and now it was time for the 2030 World Cup with England, again after taking over qualification was pretty straight forward. I'll put this section in a spoiler just so this post isn't full of screenshots :P

Spoiler

1211763220.png
SPAIN 2030

Group stage
15981691f6494ae40a1333f347eebe3b.png
496a8fab67751988c4522a6a367e5dc9.png
f4fe10c495c9c5c20df92ec589973ff3.png

--

Round of 16
4d19fde336f12334a58d67048582bd4a.png

--

Quarter Final
dab05c9ba5f3902361d098543fbbd898.png

--

Semi Final
c04f49a03d5580559e58dd9134f59877.png

--

Final
5c0150659573ca2e323eb63ba410f904.png

That 5-0 defeat against France was a disaster and resulted in me completely changing the tactic I had been using in qualification, I switched to 2 strikers from that point on and it worked a treat. My England keeper was a regen I had from Lincoln and he was incredible in the shootouts. He saved 3 out of 4 in the semi final and then against Brazil he stopped 4 out of 5, huge scenes. Jason Harker (superstar Lincoln regen I've linked before) won the tournaments best player, he was the hardest part about leaving Lincoln. 

I resigned from England. Managing both a club and national side is fun but it does get a bit much.

I started the 2030/31 season a couple days ago with an Italian Super Cup victory against Roma and a defeat in the UEFA Super Cup against Man United and Jose Mourinho... some things never change.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Farlz said:

Haven't done an update in a while soooooooooo

Ended up resigning from Lincoln in December 2029. I knew at that point I wasn't going to be challenging for the league so after 14 seasons with them I called it a day and took over at Inter Milan, this was a side that had finished 2nd in the past couple seasons but somehow when I joined were sitting in 15th. They hadn't really lost many games but they were picking up way too many draws. Quickly realised this was a pretty good squad and I managed to end the season finishing in 4th, only losing 3 league games since I took over.
e9a3c6e8406e067a81c6faae2c885942.png

Along with that I managed a couple trophy wins, the Coppa Italia and then the Europa League
d0d8e2faedb154f6c31519dd9955b0b9.pngd4f15d7e48d493ffdc8dae342d9262c8.png

15th to 4th w/ 2 trophies in a few months isn't bad at all if I do say so myself. Season over and now it was time for the 2030 World Cup with England, again after taking over qualification was pretty straight forward. I'll put this section in a spoiler just so this post isn't full of screenshots :P

Hide contents

1211763220.png
SPAIN 2030

Group stage
15981691f6494ae40a1333f347eebe3b.png
496a8fab67751988c4522a6a367e5dc9.png
f4fe10c495c9c5c20df92ec589973ff3.png

--

Round of 16
4d19fde336f12334a58d67048582bd4a.png

--

Quarter Final
dab05c9ba5f3902361d098543fbbd898.png

--

Semi Final
c04f49a03d5580559e58dd9134f59877.png

--

Final
5c0150659573ca2e323eb63ba410f904.png

That 5-0 defeat against France was a disaster and resulted in me completely changing the tactic I had been using in qualification, I switched to 2 strikers from that point on and it worked a treat. My England keeper was a regen I had from Lincoln and he was incredible in the shootouts. He saved 3 out of 4 in the semi final and then against Brazil he stopped 4 out of 5, huge scenes. Jason Harker (superstar Lincoln regen I've linked before) won the tournaments best player, he was the hardest part about leaving Lincoln. 

I resigned from England. Managing both a club and national side is fun but it does get a bit much.

I started the 2030/31 season a couple days ago with an Italian Super Cup victory against Roma and a defeat in the UEFA Super Cup against Man United and Jose Mourinho... some things never change.  

Buy Jason Harker for inter :ph34r:

• Like 1

Just wanted to say keep the updates coming. I love reading about you're all getting on. I love the Football Manager series and get the game every year, but never have enough time to fully immerse myself in it anymore. 

When I was at uni a good friend of mine and I used to spend hours playing the game in the library, he's know just been appointed head of youth recruitment (or something similar) at Norwich, this summer after holding a similar role at Wolves. In real life I might add!! So football manager get lead you to great places! 

• Like 4

Lost the League Cup Final 1-0 to United. Hogan had two clean one on ones with De Gea, one he hit the bar, the other he hit at De Gea. They were the better side but still disappointing.

EA01D7686B564DB82547260B7F0C2D803ABC6E45

My first FM17 trophy, in my 2nd season at Villa in current save. Highlight was drawing 2-2 with ManU at Old Trafford, then beating them 2-1 at home in the replay. In the final against the Baggies, we dominated play and possession for the majority of the game but the winner was scored ironically by Ross McCormack.

Finished mid-table in the league which I was for the most part pretty happy with. Now just got to hope the good Doctor backs me now that I have a place in Europe as well. Have spent a lot more time paying attention to my scouting than normal, this coming season Ive decided to add a little to my squad but my main goal is to buy some real qaulity youngsters for the future.

Very happy with this save so far, but think I need to be mindful not to get too carried away with my success this season.

PS Hull got relegated with their 300 million pound squad. Want to try and sign some of their players but the wages are ridiculous. 

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 4

Â