Football Manager 2017

V01

18 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

@Skills

https://www.mediafire.com/file/dwrqodb9vqt5777/Attack.fmf

https://www.mediafire.com/file/qx25q4sjza6ko41/Counter.fmf

See if that works. Never used mediafire before but should be able to download the tactic. Paste into folder C:Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2017\tactics

On both tactics you definitely want to set the opposition player tactics so you always close down the attacking players, so ST, AM, WM and WBs. Stacked middle? Change instructions from exploit middle to exploit wide. Apart from that there isn't much to it. Just get the tactic familiarity up. Pre-season is a good start to get your players familiar with it, changing mid-way through season might give you some loses if its wildly different from your current one.

cheers mate. Will definitely give it a shot

Just had one of those frustrating matches, so negative. Played Palace, they had a flat back 5, 2 DMs, 3 CMs and 1 lone striker.

I had 70% possession, 50 shots (21 on target), they had 4 shots, 1 on target. Drew 1-1 (they scored on 85 minutes). BAH!

14 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Sell him for top dollar! TBF his stats are pretty decent across the board.

I'll see if anyone comes in for him, teams normally come in for Amavi also yes?

I'm interested in how people on here handle promotion, do you stick with the guys who got you there and improve 2-3 players or do you try for a major overhaul and possibly get off to a slow start?

7 hours ago, Hornso said:

I'm interested in how people on here handle promotion, do you stick with the guys who got you there and improve 2-3 players or do you try for a major overhaul and possibly get off to a slow start?

I usually get some decent bids for mediocre players who’ve had a quality season, they want to go so I sell them. Then I go mad and spend all the money. Happens every time. By the start of the third season my XI is all new. 

Got Guidetti and Andone upfront now. Otavio and Keita in the middle.

Took a big break and came back and started playing 2018. 2018 isn't bad, just not much has changed. Only thing i like about it is teams are paying stupid fees for my players and i've financed a new stadium in 5 years.

I also caught a massive break with the brexit shit. I'm allowed to register 17 foreign players, so non of that work permit shit to worry about. Just sold a load of dead wood players for £212m. For some reason in fm18 my youth system is actually producing loads of decent players that i can actually use.

20 hours ago, Hornso said:

I find that for the first few years in the pl the team you take up is ok, so I just start adding a few players each season. I've played 7 seasons and still have Grealish, Green, Bree and Hourihane

• Like 1

On 07/08/2018 at 08:35, Daniel said:

I also caught a massive break with the brexit shit. I'm allowed to register 17 foreign players, so non of that work permit shit to worry about. Just sold a load of dead wood players for £212m. For some reason in fm18 my youth system is actually producing loads of decent players that i can actually use.

I believe that is the same brexit that I got in my Plymouth save. Was very lucky with those rules.

Another query. How do you handle Minimum Release Fee Clauses?

Made a big mistake with van de Beek, after a promising first season he wanted a new contract which is fine except I kept knocking back his wishes as it had a low release fee clause to CL clubs on a 5 year deal and now I've pissed him off to the point of him demanding a transfer. 

Is it a case of giving him the deal and then offering him a new contact after 1-2 seasons in the hope that you'll be able to make the clause higher?

5 hours ago, Hornso said:

Made a big mistake with van de Beek, after a promising first season he wanted a new contract which is fine except I kept knocking back his wishes as it had a low release fee clause to CL clubs on a 5 year deal and now I've pissed him off to the point of him demanding a transfer. 

Is it a case of giving him the deal and then offering him a new contact after 1-2 seasons in the hope that you'll be able to make the clause higher?

Never put in a minimum release fee, most of the time I walk away if they insist! There are always the odd exception

• Like 1

I'll always try to add a bigger sign on fee / agent fee and crank up the min release clause if it seems obvious they won't sign without one.

Maybe offer in some incentives too, like wages after international games, or a bonus if you reach the FA Cup Semi. Spread it around.

@Skills You managed to try the tactic yet?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Hornso said:

as others have stated, try to steer clear of the clauses. 

On ‎09‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 16:38, Dante_Lockhart said:

I'll always try to add a bigger sign on fee / agent fee and crank up the min release clause if it seems obvious they won't sign without one.

Maybe offer in some incentives too, like wages after international games, or a bonus if you reach the FA Cup Semi. Spread it around.

@Skills You managed to try the tactic yet?

yeah got it and worked well for probably the first 10 or so games... then hit a massive wall lol

• 2 weeks later...

2nd season, first year in the Premier League. Not exactly flying, have picked up 15 points from the first 12 games (5 home / 7 away). Pretty much kept my squad intact as nobody came in for any of my players and I think it is lacking in quality. Aim is survival so I am on course to achieve that but hoping to make some moves in January.

3 hours ago, Rino8 said:

I still refuse to play a new FM after the waste of time that 17 was, so, 50 years later in my FM13 save having won around 26 of the last 30 PL titles my game looks like this.

FM13.jpg

You've played 50ish seasons without a logo pack? You utter mad man

• Haha 1

Â