Football Manager 2017

V01

I'm getting regular £100m+ offers for my best players. I just buy cheap and sell high just as the reach their 30's and i feel like i have a replacement for them.

ZZ - Hi it's Zinedine Zidane here, this Vinicius lad is all over my FM save, what can you tell me about him?

Agent - Well, he is 16, you can't sign him for 2 years, we want him loaned back in the 3rd year, and that'll be £38.7m please.

ZZ - Sounds legit! Deal. 

Link http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40021844 and text:

"Real Madrid are to sign 16-year-old Flamengo forward Vinicius Junior in a deal worth £38.7m.

The transfer will go through in July 2018, when Vinicius turns 18, although he could remain at the Brazilian club for a further season on loan, Real say.

Vinicius has played only 17 minutes of senior football"

This is like my mega-Torino save, but I wouldnt pay 38m for a 16 year old! 

• Like 2

Another mediocre season with Sampdoria, hard to do a lot with such a tight budget. Finances have improved but I find it hard to stay motivated when it's unlikely I'll get relegated, unlikely I'll make Europe and I'm out the cup. Am enjoying watching some of the youth get better. 

Just beat Lazio 1-0, and then took my first ever point off Juventus. Nearing the end of my 2nd season in charge and barring anything horrendous happening, I should be in charge at the start of season 3. 

Its a weird save. Very little I can do re transfers but I feel like I'm doing a good job with what I have. Just need a few academy players to be absolute stars. 

On 5/28/2017 at 05:00, Villan_of_oz said:

Another mediocre season with Sampdoria, hard to do a lot with such a tight budget. Finances have improved but I find it hard to stay motivated when it's unlikely I'll get relegated, unlikely I'll make Europe and I'm out the cup. Am enjoying watching some of the youth get better. 

What's your problem, conceding too many? not scoring enough? bit of both?

You're gonna have to get out a stethoscope and analyse what's going wrong and why, if it has been that way over time. 

We don't want you being VT FM thread's Paul Lambert bud

Season 4, you're at least making top half pushing Europa ok? So it will be a big summer rebuild. Seasons 1, 2 and 3 are "Zed and what Zed did", you're Marcellus Wallace. 

hqdefault.jpg

Time to get that blowtorch and pliers out bud in the form of a massive, ruthless summer overhaul. I'm talking sales, i'm talking Frees in, I'm talking loans in, I'm talking promoted youth. I'm talking tactics revamp. Possible backroom changes. Board requests for additional wages... "Time to get all medieval on their ayyyyyyyyyyyyassssssssss."

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Midfielder said:

What's your problem, conceding too many? not scoring enough? bit of both?

You're gonna have to get out a stethoscope and analyse what's going wrong and why, if it has been that way over time. 

We don't want you being VT FM thread's Paul Lambert bud

Season 4, you're at least making top half pushing Europa ok? So it will be a big summer rebuild. Seasons 1, 2 and 3 are "Zed and what Zed did", you're Marcellus Wallace. 

hqdefault.jpg

Time to get that blowtorch and pliers out bud in the form of a massive, ruthless summer overhaul. I'm talking sales, i'm talking Frees in, I'm talking loans in, I'm talking promoted youth. I'm talking tactics revamp. Possible backroom changes. Board requests for additional wages... "Time to get all medieval on their ayyyyyyyyyyyyassssssssss."

I'll give you a like for your pulp fiction reference :D I agree with the rest of your post too. I have young strikers I believe are the future but they're bloody inconsistent. Similar problem all over the park. I'm playing a young team and we're inconsistent. Like I said in my last post I beat Lazio and drew with Juve so I believe I'm on the right track.

Looking forward to season 3. Only 7 games to go in season 2. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I'll give you a like for your pulp fiction reference :D I agree with the rest of your post too. I have young strikers I believe are the future but they're bloody inconsistent. Similar problem all over the park. I'm playing a young team and we're inconsistent. Like I said in my last post I beat Lazio and drew with Juve so I believe I'm on the right track.

Looking forward to season 3. Only 7 games to go in season 2. 

Oh I see you're in season two, I read wrongly. Yeah good luck that with mate. Inconsistency is a bummer. Strikers not firing, their Current Ability might not be high enough they may be Serie C - B equivalent. Firepower is a must for pre season. Sounds easy but proven goal scorers are top of your shopping list. Times like that, with cost in mind, time to see what gems are available in the Argentinian league perhaps. 

Started a save with Kissamikos in the Greek second division. League winners and promotion the first season before a 6th place finish in the second.

Then moved to Bursaspor half through my 3rd season as they were in a relegation battle, finished 10th. first full season finished 2nd.

I have 5 leagues active and I only have leagues that are rated 4 places above my current League. So far I've had active leagues of Switzerland, Croatia, Belgium, Turkey, Greece, Russia, Ukraine, Portugal, Czech Republic and Poland. 

Enjoy not having a huge budget and I've got fake players. Aiming to take a job in Portugal or Russia next. 

• Like 3

It's from the &$%#!<# Daily Mail but have a read, FM in the news. 

Paul Collyer, one of the brothers behind the original FM / CM and obviously still embedded with it to the present day, takes on Ronald Koeman on FM at Everton's training ground. 

Text : "

Koeman said of the jovial contest: 'It was very interesting for me to sit down with Paul and Football Manager to understand the technicalities of this computer game and get some insight into the history behind it.

'The game is incredibly realistic and detailed; Paul knew his way around the game very well but I began to get the hang of it in the second half.'

and link http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/esports/article-4555964/Everton-boss-Ronald-Koeman-loses-Football-Manager-chief.html

also , two things. Firstly, newbie at FM Koeman may be. But, Koeman is a pro manager and obviously adept and schooled in the reality of tactics a billion times than we can ever imagine. But.....as this girl clearly is thinking.... 

d6f.jpg

KOEMAN, DID YOU JUST PICK A BACK TWO? W T F? 

Secondly, Collyer, FM God himself picked 3-5-1-1 Hmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnn I wonder.....

Are+You+Thinking+Powerfully.jpg

Still though not a bad first go by Koeman! Narrow defeat with his crazy tactic. The Koeman Back Two, not sure that'll catch on, but not as bad it looks I guess. 

Edited by Midfielder

Back again with another season update (2026/27)

32772fa5fe940dae35e6b2b43533f474.png

Missed out on the top 4 yet again but did manage to achieve the clubs best finish. Needed Chelsea to drop points on the final day but they were playing QPR so I had no chance of sneaking it. To make sure they didn't want to leave I promised half my team we'd get CL this season, luckily because we were only 1 point off they've given me another chance :D I've finally got my tactic sorted so hopefully next season I might actually do something. Going into my 11th season with Lincoln now and all I've won along the way is the Vanarama national, a League 2 2nd place trophy and a couple play off finals. Rubbish.

In the FA Cup, Leicester knocked me out in the 3rd round. Not good.
In the League Cup, I once again done well and was in the semi final against Championship Southampton. Easy route to the final I thought... I lost. 

In other news, Villa lost in the League 1 play off final to Luton :(

Edited by Farlz
  • Like 1

I've realised with Lincoln that managing in England is just ridiculously boring. Most exciting thing I can remember is Bournemouth getting Europa League probably. 

United are a joke in this particular save as well. Haven't got FM open so can't check properly right now but I'm pretty sure they've just won the league 5 times in a row, retained the CL as well. Sooner Mourinho retires the better. 

6 hours ago, Farlz said:

United are a joke in this particular save as well. Haven't got FM open so can't check properly right now but I'm pretty sure they've just won the league 5 times in a row, retained the CL as well. Sooner Mourinho retires the better. 

I love Jose being at Utd on FM, he absolutely kills it and is so hard to beat...

but when you do finally overtake him and start winning the title and beating him home and away he has a proper meltdown and it is so rewarding.

• Like 3

How many other leagues are you running @Farlz, as I've never seen such a static top division after 11 seasons. Normally, the rubbish signings from all over Europe catch up with at least a few of the big clubs after 5-6 seasons, especially once regens/youth start dominating.

Though I've never started a campaign lower than the championship. Up to your lot to stir things up it appears. 

Does anyone else play one match too many, then regret it? I made a cracking start to season 3 then got spanked 0-3 by A.C Milan. 

Feeling a bit depressed about it. 

• Like 1

Â