• limpid

Just visiting?   27/12/16

Please click "Sign Up" and login to use the full functionality of the site.
V01

Football Manager 2017

745 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Raver50032 said:

Thanks MF... appreciate all of the time (work or otherwise) that you have put into this thread over the last few days. I'm at work too, but it's a slow day here at the moment.

I already 'cheat' somewhat with the in game settings I choose - I opt to show all the stats of a player after the initial scout visit. I think default, it won't show you all the stats until the scout has seen the player a couple of times?

For staff, I interpret a decent stat to be 15 or above... Is that too low a benchmark?

No thanks necessary, afterall I chose to reply, and am technically getting paid to reply, and worst of all... technically your taxes are funding that reply. So i guess it works out even (ish :ph34r: )

My friend, that's not cheating. So what you're saying is, you by default, have attribute masking turned off? That's not in any way cheating. It's a viable in game setup option! I'd bet most players on here turn attribute masking off.

Absolutely, that is a good stat for staff. But dont let that be a definite, because there will be coaches on FM who have 12s and 13s who have "current abilities" of 150+ and then technically, the fact they're under 15 in areas won't be of detriment to what they bring to your club and their coaching / physio whatever output as they are delivering at 150 CA.

When i mentioned in one of my longer posts, about me recommending that list of staff and that i was saying they were "fifteen'd" i didnt actually mean that their stat was 15. What i meant was, you can have a ... oh wait here's an example. Right so Tony McAndrew at Villa right, when you startt new game he is a Scout, now he might be 15 as a scout like say if you have an AMR but he can also be MR but its diff colour? With me, so like that "winger" is a 20 in his natural position and a 15ish in his non natural position, ie, he is "competent" at that position hence "fifteen'd" and natural postion is "twentied". Sorry hope that makes sense

So transfer that to staff, as in Tony McAndrew might be a 15 as a Scout, but a 20 ("natural") as a coach. In my Torino savegame i actually took Tony to Torino to be coach and he was up for that. Anyway so there's another dimension to staff appointments. In that they quite often could simultanously be interested in a number of positions. One staff member could be fifteen'd or above in say coaching, HOYD, assman or even fitness coach or scout.

But in your reference to 15, the visible stat of competency based on their listed ability, yes, 15 good, excellent benchmark in fact but dont discriminate against lower ones. That aside that's why i recommend Phil Cannon and Dave Parnaby, why Midfielder : "because they are statted to f---". 

Edited by Midfielder

Posted

31 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Next 3 games 

West ham (A) 2 nil down at half time finished 2-2

Manu (H) 1-1 HT 2-2 FT. Dominated the team who are top. 

Bournemouth (A) 2 nil down at half time finished 2-2

This is very frustrating to say the least. I'm on 13 pts, 17th is on 16 pts

Only marginal improvement there, what formation, are you playing Micah Richards in defence? You realise "he plays for the opposition"?

Posted

on my plymouth save i found a 25 y/o Ukranian lb/dm who was out of contract and was able to persuade him to join. Only gave him about 3k p/w and he is already the best player on my team. His ability is "leading championship player". I highly recommend him. 

Posted (edited)

30c616h.jpg

2qlcuf4.jpg

Edited by Midfielder

Posted

7 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Board Meeting - Networking - Affiliate I think.

During the meeting you can choose what kind, it should say along of the lines of 'to help us avoid work permits'

Thi sis usually the way but it's not always an option and depends on the size/stature of your club. For instance, my Argyle save I'm in the Premiership after three promotions in four seasons and the board trusts me enough to pick the team I want. However I still don't have the option to request a work permit affiliate and can only tour the UK or central Europe.