Pokémon GO

hogso

40 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I like the fact there aren't loads of rare pokemon about.  that's the whole point, surely?

That is the point.

This is an app that is meant to get people active and exploring places they have never been before. If I could catch everything in my area I would just lie in bed and pop Incense all day and wait it out, but the fact it's not that easy finds me walking 30-40k steps some days just hunting. 

This app is brand new so shit tier Pokemon are all you are realistically meant to have currently. @Demitri_C have a bit of patience. I don't know if you broke terms of service to get the game a week or so ago, but the game is super new. It has only been out globally for 2-3 days so yes there are things to fix and things to balance but those will be in the coming weeks fixes take time. 

• Like 1

I feel like you should get more candy for transferring a better pokemon.

There's pidgeys everywhere at work. Suddenly a quite high CP pidgeotto appeared so I caught it, but took me a few balls.

Then realised it wasn't as high level as my other Pidgeotto, so I transferred it. But 1 Pidgey candy in return. Seems a bit shit. Surely you should get rewarded otherwise where's the motivation for catching a middley pokemon like that?

23 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I feel like you should get more candy for transferring a better pokemon.

There's pidgeys everywhere at work. Suddenly a quite high CP pidgeotto appeared so I caught it, but took me a few balls.

Then realised it wasn't as high level as my other Pidgeotto, so I transferred it. But 1 Pidgey candy in return. Seems a bit shit. Surely you should get rewarded otherwise where's the motivation for catching a middley pokemon like that?

The motivation is presumably getting stardust to power up (other) Pokemon.

It seems to be that the higher level of trainer you are, the better Pokemon you capture.  If the game started dishing out more candy for better Pokemon, the distance between levels of trainer would become insane.

On another point, the game seems to be running pretty much perfectly (aside from the 3-footstep bug) for me today.  I've caught a fair few Pokemon whilst not moving at work due to a lure being attached to a Pokestop which I'm in range of.  Joy.

I agree.

Getting 1 candy for transferring a 10CP Pidgey that took 1 ball and then getting 1 candy for a 120CP Pidgey that took 3 balls is a bit shit. I've nearly maxed by Pidgeot so once I have I'll be ignoring the rest of the spawning Pidgeys.

My girlfriends shop is a pokestop, she only started playing yesterday, but plans to stock up on lures to attach to her stop to encourage the kids in the summer hols to come in and spend :D

• Like 2

I don't think I'll ever stop catching the crap ones, just for the XP and the stardust.

I've just been on my lunch walking around five way and I must have seen about 30 people playing, it's brilliant :lol: (...when it's working) 

It's my day off tomorrow, I might go walking around town. 31 degrees too.

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

The motivation is presumably getting stardust to power up (other) Pokemon.

It seems to be that the higher level of trainer you are, the better Pokemon you capture.  If the game started dishing out more candy for better Pokemon, the distance between levels of trainer would become insane.

On another point, the game seems to be running pretty much perfectly (aside from the 3-footstep bug) for me today.  I've caught a fair few Pokemon whilst not moving at work due to a lure being attached to a Pokestop which I'm in range of.  Joy.

Oh I'm not saying give me 50 candies for a higher pokemon.

I'm just talking about, if a pokemon has 3 stages of evolution, let's take Pidgey for example, you could get 1 candy for transferring a pidgey, 2 for a pidgeotto and 3 for a pidgeot.
I dunno, I just feel like you should be rewarded a bit more for catching or evolving a higher pokemon.

On your second point, I'm exactly the same. Running fine today apart from the footprints, and I'm same as you. Sat near a pokestop at work. it's situated on a grassy hill near a pond so people have been hanging around it all day and using lure modules.

Caught a hypno, a Golduck and Fearow in the past hour. Oh and 5 magikarp :D

3 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I don't think I'll ever stop catching the crap ones, just for the XP and the stardust.

I've just been on my lunch walking around five way and I must have seen about 30 people playing, it's brilliant :lol: (...when it's working) 

It's my day off tomorrow, I might go walking around town. 31 degrees too.

I don't have enough pokeballs.

I'm stocking up at work, but there's so many little pokemon that I'm only breaking about even!

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Oh I'm not saying give me 50 candies for a higher pokemon.

I'm just talking about, if a pokemon has 3 stages of evolution, let's take Pidgey for example, you could get 1 candy for transferring a pidgey, 2 for a pidgeotto and 3 for a pidgeot.
I dunno, I just feel like you should be rewarded a bit more for catching or evolving a higher pokemon.

On your second point, I'm exactly the same. Running fine today apart from the footprints, and I'm same as you. Sat near a pokestop at work. it's situated on a grassy hill near a pond so people have been hanging around it all day and using lure modules.

Caught a hypno, a Golduck and Fearow in the past hour. Oh and 5 magikarp :D

I've only just reached Level 7, which is (I assume) why I haven't got those Pokemon yet!  Caught a Dratini, Psyduck, Goldeen 5 or so Magikarp and a Kakuna.

About to stroll out for lunch (with the girlfriend who does not enjoy this Pokemon craze; should be fun :D)

17 minutes ago, bobzy said:

What's the highest gym leader you guys have seen, by the way?

I'm wanting to fight at gyms but my Pokemon are nowhere near a decent enough level, apparently.

In town where I work, they mostly seem to be 800 to 1,000. Where I live which is quieter, a bit less. You can still win though if you dodge attacks and use a pokemon that does double damage to one of theirs.  My highest at the moment is an 824 Flareon.

Just sat down by the sea wall for lunch and got 15 Magicarp. Just as well they're plentiful as you need 400 candy for them to evolve.  Also, what's the deal with electric types being really hard to power up?

Edited by Risso
Spolling

I went tesco for lunch when i pulled up in carpark there was 5 pokemon as soon as i walked out car  got a mankey (level 183 result!)  a oddish the rest were all doubles (poliwag, horsey, drowsee and  a krabby)

All my Pokemon are under CP130 so far, except Pidgeot. Haven't really been walking out and about though, it's mainly been while dossing around the house and one trip in the car where the brother-in-law drove.

Gonna take the little man for a walk over Haden Hill Park this week so I can catch Pokemon without looking like a weirdo B)

Â