Euro players and Brexit

Villafied

So... Now that you lot have relieved me of my european passport.

How many of our current foreign players would safely satisfy the football visa requirements? Way too early to what it all means, but there must be quite a few nervous players out there. Robbie's gene pool has just shrunk.

7 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

I imagine "impact on Aston Villa's squad" will be number one agenda item at Monday's cabinet discussion and in the subsequent negotiations with the EU.

;)

if Cameron was still in charge it would have been or maybe was West Ham squad

• Like 1

So nothing major will happen before 2018 at the earliest?

Jermaine Pennant can be safe then that England will be allowed to compete in the 2018? Euros :crylaugh:

Ex Arsenal & Liverpool winger Jermaine Pennant deletes ridiculous tweet about Brexit [Screenshot]

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Zatman said:

AH SHIT, this means we will be stuck with Lescott, Sinclair, Richards and Gabby FFS. why couldnt they be pesky foreigners

If I've been following the Brexit arguments correctly, foreigners are actually OK unless they are European foreigners, in which case they're not.

The BBC is running a short story. 

I'm not sure how to extract the video from the peice, so you will have to click on the link. Apologies. 

Watershed moment.

only the Sure-Thing players from Europe will come so the British market will inflate even more.

End result

Foriegn players = more PL money exported

British players = more expensive

Inflation will just suck up the increased amount from Sky/TV/Sponsor deals. Hence the stronger/fitter/richer will survive.

We can all roll out our prayer mats to the fact that our new owner can/could possibly make us a major money player in the future.

more important that the clearout continues because be prepared to see a lot of PL clubs like Stoke, Boro, Watford, Bournemouth and the like to end up with their versions of Gaby N'Zog hogging their undeserved wages, and pretenders like Lescott, Richards, Sinclair and Bacuna stealing a living and finally the PL full of teams with players of Guzan, Hutton, Richardson and Westwood simply not being good enough.

As for the Ch L1 & 2, who knows financially, football standards will drop to an even playing field (not a bad thing) cut off from PL.

The PL imploding will only be a matter of time.

Hi Dr X

Thanx for buying us, please spend your money wisely, we'll both benefit.

Grasshopper

VTID

Means the days of prem clubs picking up 16 year old European kids and then training them meaning they tick the home grown player box are over

i wouldn't be surprised if they try and get the work permit rules reviewed

in reality the elite clubs sign who the **** they like and present a somehow better argument for potential anyway so they'll carry on as normal, if city can sign the likes of iheanacho and unal at 16 from outside the EU and Chelsea do what they do nothing will change 

We could say a club can have as many foreign nationals on their books as they like but, are only allowed 3 or 4 in a match day squad.

The quality of foreign players would improve, simply because, to be honest, the number of foreign players has increased but, the quality has dropped overall.

It's like the thinking, in general, is that a player must be better than home grown talent, simply because they are foreign.

4 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

I think this increases the chance of Milner finally coming back home.

Not sure, are the English players even allowed to come back into the country after the Euros?

• Like 1

Â