limpid

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

No boos for Bacuna this week? :( 

I think the fans there are just trying to enjoy our final game in the league, our boos would likely just bring down the party atmosphere.

5 at the back is such a moronic move - as if it's as simple as more players in defence = less goals conceded. How can Black talk about youngsters not being ready and needing experience in the side and then put them in a system that they NEVER play competitively.

I've played in a team that tried to go 5 at the back to stop us conceding (I play in midfield) and it was a disaster. The centre backs lost all sense of positioning, the fullbacks stopped bothering to defend and marking responsibility was constantly shirked because there was always an extra man for them to blame. Made it even harder for us in midfield to keep the ball up the pitch too.

Unless you have players who are suited to, and have experienced success in, that system it's an absolute gift to the opposition.

Ugh.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, PompeyVillan said:

Ayew is a handful. Blows hot and cold but I suspect someone in the PL will pick him up. West Ham seems about right. Maybe as third striker.

Id love to keep him but I suspect there'll be a fair amount of interest in him and our board will 100% cash in.

1 minute ago, PompeyVillan said:

Quick one for you all, Toner or Baker?

I'll be happy next season with our home grown three, Clark, Toner and Baker and one experienced brute.

We need a smart, vocal organiser next to them - I can't think of an example. Maybe Vlaar would be open to a return.

Just now, a m ole said:

We need a smart, vocal organiser next to them - I can't think of an example. Maybe Vlaar would be open to a return.

But he's never going to play 20 games in an English season let alone 46

2 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Does all our midfield have concrete in their boots?  So slow it's embarrassing.  Hate what we have become at present.

5 at the back. against a team like Arsenal. it would be horrible being in that midfield today.