Boca-River LIVE!

maqroll

• 6 years later...

Always wanted to visit La Bombonera and see a game but can't see me ever doing it. Just too dangerous, for a number of reasons.

This certainly doesn't look safe. Hope there isn't a tragedy waiting to happen.

• Shocked 2

12 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

That's a tad concerning

Yeah, it's been long known to move when the fans are jumping around but open cracks is not good.

Will be a shocking amount of concrete buildings across the world that has outlived their lifespan. Parts of that stadium are 80+ years...

31 minutes ago, sne said:

Always wanted to visit La Bombonera and see a game but can't see me ever doing it. Just too dangerous, for a number of reasons.

This certainly doesn't look safe. Hope there isn't a tragedy waiting to happen.

If that was a stadium (or any concrete structure) in the EU or UK it would be shut down immediately. Minor cracks and minor movement (big big emphasis on minor) of the structure as a whole are normal, but that is crazy and that part of the stadium really should be closed.

• Like 1

That is terrifying.  Wonder if its one of those cracks that's been there years and that's why the fans don't seem to care about it? If that's appeared during that game I'd be off that stand as soon as possible. 

Edit: Looks like it has similar cracking concrete going back 5 years.  Would hope the structural integrity isn't at risk, but can see this being a marathon where either the stand eventually collapses, or the club rebuilds it first.  Sadly, i wouldn't bet on the club making the first move.

Edited by MrBlack

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

That is terrifying.  Wonder if its one of those cracks that's been there years and that's why the fans don't seem to care about it? If that's appeared during that game I'd be off that stand as soon as possible. 

Edit: Looks like it has similar cracking concrete going back 5 years.  Would hope the structural integrity isn't at risk, but can see this being a marathon where either the stand eventually collapses, or the club rebuilds it first.  Sadly, i wouldn't bet on the club making the first move.

That crack is not as bad (although bad) from a structural integrity point of view. That first one is f***ing terrifying.

It looks a disaster waiting to happen. 

Just now, sparrow1988 said:

That crack is not as bad (although bad) from a structural integrity point of view. That first one is f***ing terrifying.

It looks a disaster waiting to happen. 

Agreed, the one from 5 years ago looks like an intentional join/flex point, albeit one that was cemented and painted over.

The latest one looks like a join that should never ever move.

I keep thinking surely it can't be as bad as it looks.  I want someone in the construction industry to comment on this. My DIY house level knowledge isn't cutting it. 

7 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Agreed, the one from 5 years ago looks like an intentional join/flex point, albeit one that was cemented and painted over.

The latest one looks like a join that should never ever move.

I keep thinking surely it can't be as bad as it looks.  I want someone in the construction industry to comment on this. My DIY house level knowledge isn't cutting it. 

I am a Civil Engineer (albeit one that focuses on stuff underground).

The latest crack shouldn't be a joint. It's most likely sheared through the full depth of the horizontal beam with the crack starting at the bottom and worked its way up to the top. If you ever see a crack in a concrete beam on the side where the load is coming from (in this case from the top), then it's very bad. I would wager that on the underside of that beam right next to that crack is a column, or another beam running at 90 degrees to the cracked beam with the which used to take the load from the cracked beam. Essentially that beam is floating and being held by the reinforcement now instead of being supported by the column or transverse beam underneath.

I was there a few years back. After seeing this I am in no rush to go back.

• Shocked 1

Â