The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

Merely just piecing shit together and speculation.. I'm not ITK or anything but the Rui Kang news has been around for at least the last month and as they get potentially closer I'm just speculating.

They seemingly have Wyness in place and he's seemingly been working with them for a while and will likely be the CEO if the bid is successful, not guaranteed but possible.

We've known at least through the grape vine that this group have also been working with Comolli who has no doubt been doing his job to make lists of players we need and players we need to be rid of.

Are you all just forgetting all the sources of information we've been given real or false over the months regarding this group? 

Yeah it could all be bullshit but at the same time it looks like if it isn't they already have a bit of a structure in place. That is all I was saying and you guys quick to burn the **** witch took what I was saying as gospel. I am speculating just like every one else in here, that's the point of the whole thread in the wake of concrete news currently.. 

Just Google Aston Villa takeover news and you will find months of this shit, I'm just trying to piece it together like many of us..

Edited by Daweii
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Richard said:

Comolli would be a typical Lerner appointment. Talks a good fight,  fails to deliver and wastes money

....but there isn't any suggestion that Lerner is involved with Comolli...quite the opposite actually the only links to Comolli have been with potential new owners. Are you suggesting you will lose faith with the potential new owners, even before they have taken over because this appointment is Randy Lerner like ?

3 minutes ago, dukes said:

....but there isn't any suggestion that Lerner is involved with Comolli...quite the opposite actually the only links to Comolli have been with potential new owners. Are you suggesting you will lose faith with the potential new owners, even before they have taken over because this appointment is Randy Lerner like ?

I'm suggesting that appointing Comolli would be repeating mistakes and appointments under Lerner that it is the type of appointment Lerner would make and as such we should be moving away from those type appoitments

Comolli isn't that bad.  Two of his signings must have brought about some of the biggest profits in the history of football in Suarez and Bale.  I'd rather investors worked with people like him and that bloke from Everton, if it happens, than like Randy did with a bunch of clueless but well-meaning jobsworths.

• Like 3

Comolli is not ideal in my opinion but, for the sake of balance, here is a more positive piece about him in The Anfield Wrap. 

http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2015/05/time-reassess-damien-comolli/

STEVE Hothersall recently interviewed Damien Comolli about his time at Liverpool for City Talk 105.9 and it got me thinking about Anfield’s former director of football strategy and later director of football.

I thought about him while watching Luis Suarez for Barcelona. I thought about him when Memphis Depay decided to go to Manchester United after Liverpool’s earlier interest in the player. And I thought about him when Jerome Sinclair made his Premier League debut on Sunday at Stamford Bridge aged 18, with 19-year-old Jordan Ibe joining him on the pitch soon after. All the time I wondered whether it was time to have a look at Comolli’s time at Liverpool again. The Frenchman, who has also worked with Monaco, St Etienne, Arsenal and Spurs, was sacked by FSG just 18 months after being appointed in November 2010. Don’t worry. I’m not going to try to convince you that Andy Carroll was worth £35million, or that Charlie Adam was ever the right fit for the club. But here are the signings most attribute to his hand during his time at the club:

• Andy Carroll: £35m
  • Luis Suárez: £22.7m
  • Jordan Henderson £20m
  • Charlie Adam £8.5m
  • Stewart Downing £20m
  • Doni: Free
  • José Enrique: £7m
  • Sebastián Coates: £7m
  • Craig Bellamy: Free
  • Jordan Ibe: £500k
  • Danny Ward: £100k
  • Sheyi Ojo: Undisclosed
  • Jerome Sinclair: Free

Like at Spurs, his record reads a superstar, a couple of notable successes, some fantastic youth players and plenty who leave you scratching your head. But forget the players for a moment, instead it’s the strategy and implementation during Comolli’s reign that I believe is worth some fresh consideration.  will touch on the Suarez transfer though. It seems Comolli is part of the growing number of people who don’t get any credit for what Luis Suarez did at Liverpool. Earlier in the year, in an attack on Comolli, Ian Doyle of the Liverpool Echo called the Suarez transfer ‘something of a no-brainer’ which seems ridiculously harsh considering every other club in Europe knew about him and didn’t put a bid in. For example, here is Harry Redknapp: “We looked at Suarez. He was a player who we  probably should have taken, looking back on it. We just weren’t sure.” And that was for bloody Tottenham! We’re not talking Real Madrid here. Comolli was part of the team that identified the player as someone who improved us and, crucially, he then got the job done. This is what I want to focus on: Comolli as a man who got shit done. In January 2011, less than three months after joining Liverpool, he managed to negotiate a fee of £50million for a striker who didn’t want to play for Liverpool and bring in two who did. This was during the January transfer window — a time when Liverpool haven’t managed to sign anyone for the last two seasons because apparently it’s impossible. So back then, against all the odds, we managed to lose one of the most highly thought of strikers in Europe and, for a few extra quid, come out better off. And he still found time to sell Ryan Babel, too. There has been plenty written and said about the players brought in during the summer of 2011, but from a director of football point of view it must be said that the club seemed to have a clear strategy and managed to secure most of their first-choice targets.

................follow link to read more

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 1

There is not a single person alive who thought that Suarez would become the footballing god he has, so to praise Comolli as some genius based on that is reaching just a tad. Nonetheless, if he was installed as DoF and allowed to stay in position for a proper 5-7yr rebuild period, I would be happy with that.

Thing is, I see nothing in any of the reported rumors that suggest stability in our future.

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

That article is woefully short of content. I'm yet to be convinced that Comolli is anything but a rich man's Paddy Riley. Who is STILL here! 

There is more content in the article if you follow the link. As I say, I also have doubts about him but I am would not be devastated if he is appointed tbh, not least because it probably means our potential new owners (whoever they are) have plenty of money! 

29 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

Comolli is not ideal for me but, for the sake of balance, here is a more positive piece about him in The Anfield Wrap. 

http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2015/05/time-reassess-damien-comolli/

not really that positive to say he signed a striker who was racking up scorepoints in ajax. He will have been on everyones radar (apart from whoever martin o'niel was managing) but not everyone,  who isnt the top teams, got 22m to blow on a striker. Top teams will often prefer already proven strikers before spending (or from youth)

And yes, the last line, they was able to secure most of first choice targets as they were overspending. Not that difficult

Also wasnt the fee for torres heavily linked to the fee for carroll? ( i could be wrong in that)

Edited by gharperr

I'm of the opinion that If it is Comolli coming in that this is a sure sign of new owners having lots of money to spend, which in itself must be better than what we have had the last few seasons. 

I'm also of the opinion that some of the signings (good or bad) would not have been the sole decision of Comolli but of the managers at the clubs as well ,so shared reward/blame.

Finally I'm sure some will say that just throwing money at it is not the answer  (alà Randy when he first joined) but there would be quite a difference in actually having more structured board and not just have a certain Martin O'Neil. 

I'm not convinced that it is Rui Kang who is buying us as the company is worth less than the proposed £75 -  100 million Villa is being sold for.

When the original mirror article citing RK came out Alan Nixon (a journo with some knowledge of the deal)  said that some of the names mentioned were inaccurate.  Also RK do not appear to be owned by the Chinese government as stated in the article  so suggests it isn't RK.

Also Hollis told Shelley Oz of MOMS that the deal would be game changing and has  also stated that the new owners aim to get Villa challenging for European honours again.  

There was also a statement on a forum claiming Hollis had travelled to Shanghai to rubber stamp the deal.  Seems strange as  RK offices are in Hong Kong.  If this is true then it suggests that the new owners are from Shanghai I. E not RK.  

Interestingly Keith Wyness has recently been adding Avfc accounts to his twitter as well as a certain SIPG FC team.  SIPG is owned by the Chinese government and has  a market cap of £28 billion.  The football club pay Gyan £350k per week and have offered Yaya  Toure £24m after tax to come and play for them.  Could SIPG  be the game changers Hollis eluded to? Makes more sense than RK to me.  

• Like 3

The most important thing to take from the Comoli stuff is he actually gets deals done!! Our failure to do any business in January basically relegated us then. If he comes in it must mean there's money available so at least we'll be in for an interesting time. 

@Made In Aston Rui Kang could just be a front for the whole operation. I get that is huge tin foil conspiracy sounding shit but would it be any different to other mega rich owners creating alternate accounts/companies just to sponsor a team to bypass FFP? If Rui Kang are down to just be owners in name only while SIPG bankroll us then that could be happening.. That said there is a hell of a lot of speculation based on the twitter activity of Wyness, it does seem very deliberate what he has done but he also looks like a guy that likes a bit of banter.

Edited by Daweii
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, villakram said:

There is not a single person alive who thought that Suarez would become the footballing god he has, so to praise Comolli as some genius based on that is reaching just a tad.

So let me get this straight, we should NOT praise him for unearthing a player who became a footballing "god", who one else thought would become so?

Sounds like an oxymoron to me:rolleyes:

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

I don't mind Comolli if our new chinese overlords are game changing. What manager linked would work with an DoF is an interesting question?

Pearson? Maybe

Moyes? No

Hughton? Yes

and my new personal choice Unai Emery. Yes he would.

8 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

and my new personal choice Unai Emery. Yes he would.

Yup, bet he's dying for a chance to manage us :crylaugh:

I love him too but LOL If he ever leaves Sevilla it will be for a much bigger and better club then us (and them tbf).

Edited by Holtern8

2 minutes ago, Holtern8 said:

Yup, bet he's dying for a chance to manage us :crylaugh:

I love him too but LOL If he ever leaves Sevilla it will be for a much bigger and better club then us (and them tbf).

Prehaps our new Chinese money masters will buy him a small county filled with willing lasses that will cater to his every need.