The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

13 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Shush, you can't just reveal trade secrets like that!

It's fun to note that almost all the cultural/arts 'icons' on it are created by pro-Europeans.

pro-Europeans or just plain Europeans :) 

Amusing that big JT has snuck in there too

12 minutes ago, Chindie said:

It's fun to note that almost all the cultural/arts 'icons' on it are created by pro-Europeans.

That's Edinburgh there isn't it?

The Sun north of the border pushed for Scottish independence.

Battering Brexit through with the stupid hammer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

For today's fun Brexiteer news, before the cold horrific reality of fools and charlatans enacting the will of the ignorant foolish misguided and selfish kicks off again, Wetherspoons is going to stop selling champagne and ditch other EU produced drinks. Far be it from me to suggest that this is in part due to the fact these are products it doesn't sell much anyway.

Edited by Chindie

SNP has walked out of the Commons following on from the farce yesterday only allowing 18 mins for Brexit 'debate' on devolution and barely any time for anyone but the govt to speak.

3 hours ago, snowychap said:

And it looks like the rebels may have been sold a pup by No. 10.

What an absolutely tremendous surprise, that was predicted by me five posts ago (I'm sure pretty much everyone else predicted it as well). 

Oh, and talking of absolutely tremendous surprises, here's another one!

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 1

There's some wishful thinking that the agreement was actually a trap - either May stuck to her word or she would never be trusted again.

Except even if she does stick absolutely to her word, the agreement boils down to pay lip service to a reconsideration.

The rebels were never going to do anything useful. 

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

There's some wishful thinking that the agreement was actually a trap - either May stuck to her word or she would never be trusted again.

Except even if she does stick absolutely to her word, the agreement boils down to pay lip service to a reconsideration.

The rebels were never going to do anything useful. 

The 'rebels' never actually, you know, rebel. 

(Apart from Woke Soubz, on this occasion, so I guess fair play for that)

Although if you believe Ken Clarke, Parliament basically nodded through de facto CU/SM (for Northern Ireland at least) without really realising it yesterday.

The verbal commitments to change nothing in Ireland were put into the bill, with the following clauses that legally preclude any of the following things:

(i) physical infrastructure, including border posts,

(ii) a requirement for customs or regulatory compliance checks,

(iii) a requirement for security checks,

(iv) random checks on goods vehicles, or

(v) any other checks and controls,

that did not exist before exit day and are not subject to an agreement between Her Majesty’s Government and the Government of Ireland

So given there isn't a way to do that we without those two areas sharing the same regulatory space, Northern Ireland is sorted at least.

• Like 1

Well, well, well - who'd have thunk it: it would appear that the government's tabled amendment doesn't satisfy the demands of the Tory rebels. Grieve claims that there was something agreed but that the government changed the text after this (I think that's right - apologies if not).

6 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Well, well, well - who'd have thunk it: it would appear that the government's tabled amendment doesn't satisfy the demands of the Tory rebels. Grieve claims that there was something agreed but that the government changed the text after this (I think that's right - apologies if not).

Oh how dreadful. They'll be frowning very hard when they abstain next week, and no mistake!

Â