Aston Villa Protest Group

MikeMcKenna

7 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

What if the scoreline is close or the game is exciting?

Of course, there is a possibility that the match situation will be exciting. Nevertheless, we will be walking out anyway. Our frustrations do not simply reflect annoyance at recent results; they don't even reflect just this season, but the progressively deteriorating manner in which the club has been run over the last five years. What is 16 minutes of football compared to 5 years of frustration? There will always be another game to watch. 

Thanks man. Got another one that is cropping up on Social Media, if you'd be so kind?

Wouldn't real fans stay and back their team no matter what?

Ok , having done a little googling It appears that the last time Lerner attended Villa Park for a game was 20th September 2014 which was our 0-3 defeat to Arsenal.

Also the last game attended before this one was December 2012.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Incredible. Was 400 when I left the office at 2pm!

DDID - not "page likes" but "Post Reach" - not quite certain what it means but includes others using our FB page in some way in articles. Has risen to 2200 now!

Birmingham Mail and 7500toHolte articles biggest sources

FB Page likes = 481

Edited by MikeMcKenna
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

Ok , having done a little googling It appears that the last time Lerner attended Villa Park for a game was 20th September 2014 which was our 0-3 defeat to Arsenal.

Also the last game attended before this one was December 2012.

@sexbelowsound I really think this needs to be on the timeline, if at all possible (I know it's a pain to alter). 

17 minutes ago, Chewie said:

Thanks man. Got another one that is cropping up on Social Media, if you'd be so kind?

This protest was created by real fans of Aston Villa, members of a large supporters forum. Between us we have attended thousands of Villa games. We believe every fan can support the team in the way they see best, and we don't condemn anybody for staying and cheering for the team. However, those of us backing the protest believe that we won't attract the attention of the owner, the board of directors, or the media, to the strength of frustration felt by the fans if we remain in our seats as per usual. 

(These answers don't have to be gospel, by the way, if anybody wants to suggest changes be my guest!)

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Chewie said:

This protest was created by real fans of Aston Villa, members of a large supporters forum. Between us we have attended thousands of Villa games. We believe every fan can support the team in the way they see best, and we don't condemn anybody for staying and cheering for the team. However, those of us backing the protest believe that we won't attract the attention of the owner, the board of directors, or the media, to the strength of frustration felt by the fans if we remain in our seats as per usual. 

(These answers don't have to be gospel, by the way, if anybody wants to suggest changes be my guest!)

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

Perfect, cheers mate.

32 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

OTDO74 Facebook posts will shortly have "reached" 2000!

Birmingham Mail Poll in favour of Walk out now stands at 70%

That is some going lads!

You are a Trojan Mike.

Thanks for having the conkers

Â