Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Yeah - it's his character that I'm completely against.  Don't want that kind of guy at my club.  Again, personal preference.

"Midfield presence" - what does this mean?

I'm not for his character either but i'd be willing to overlook it. Ideally it would be another player but beggars can't be choosers.

Combative, A leader. 

2 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

I'm not for his character either but i'd be willing to overlook it. Ideally it would be another player but beggars can't be choosers.

Combative, A leader. 

But he's not combative - he's just a thug.  He's not a defensive-minded player.  I guess he offers more "bite" than, say, Ashley Westwood, but he isn't the type of player to break down play and get attacks going - that's like Gueye.

He may well be a leader.  Roy Keane was also a leader.  I didn't even want him here, I don't ever want Barton here.  Well done Rangers :D

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

But he's not combative - he's just a thug.  He's not a defensive-minded player.  I guess he offers more "bite" than, say, Ashley Westwood, but he isn't the type of player to break down play and get attacks going - that's like Gueye.

He may well be a leader.  Roy Keane was also a leader.  I didn't even want him here, I don't ever want Barton here.  Well done Rangers :D

Ok, you win. ;)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sexbelowsound said:

He's on loan.

Hmmmm... I would try to sign him, a ball winning CM/DM that we need with a little bite, since someone through out Joey Barton's name.

1 minute ago, 007√ said:

Hmmmm... I would try to sign him, a ball winning CM/DM that we need with a little bite, since someone through out Joey Barton's name.

I like him but his attitude isn't exactly amazing....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

I like him but his attitude isn't exactly amazing....

Yes, he has had some really questionable attitude problems. Especially his time in Russia. The whole prostitution scandal definitely wasn't a good look and I think he is banned from French international football still?

But his time at Sunderland seems to have gone smoothly for him, regarding his attitude, maybe he has turned over a new chapter?

1 hour ago, 007√ said:

Yes, he has had some really questionable attitude problems. Especially his time in Russia. The whole prostitution scandal definitely wasn't a good look and I think he is banned from French international football still?

But his time at Sunderland seems to have gone smoothly for him, regarding his attitude, maybe he has turned over a new chapter?

No, its just that prostitutes from Sunderland aren't up to much. 

strange_dressed_people_21.jpg

Out of curiosity, with a fully fit squad, who would people pick from the players we currently have at the club whose contracts aren't about to expire? Trying to think of an 18 i think could keep us up in the championship and then build from there, replacing player by player 

8 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Out of curiosity, with a fully fit squad, who would people pick from the players we currently have at the club whose contracts aren't about to expire? Trying to think of an 18 i think could keep us up in the championship and then build from there, replacing player by player 

Honestly mate, I'd be amazed and upset if there is still 18 of out current squad on the books next season (youth players aside).

Of the senior players i can barely think of half a dozen I'd want to keep. 

Just now, av1 said:

Honestly mate, I'd be amazed and upset if there is still 18 of out current squad on the books next season (youth players aside).

Of the senior players i can barely think of half a dozen I'd want to keep. 

I feel the same but was just trying to work out a starting point to analyse who we need to replace and who we should try and hold onto.

I'd go with

Bunn

Hutton Baker Clark Amavi

Adama Westwood Gueye Grealish

Gestede Ayew

Subs: Watkins, Gil, Kozak, Veretout, Gardner, Green, Cissokho

I would say from that, defense needs immediate and serious attention, and we need to get in a good partner for Gestede. Midfield options look promising but I'm not sure how many of them will stick around. Would prefer to replace Bunn but I wouldn't make it a priority. 

• Like 1

Excepting that we probably won't get rid of as many as I'd like, i think Gabby, Sinclair, Richards, Lescott and Bacuna have to go as a matter of urgency. 

As for players i would keep. I'm just going to list the senior players. 

Gk - None, both are absolutely terrible.

Defence 

Clark (candidate for captain depending on incomings)

Baker

Amavi

Okore

Midfield 

Grealish - providing he doesn't turn up in a gutter somewhere over the summer. 

Gana 

Veretout

Westwood

Attack

Ayew

Adama

Gastede - I'm not a big fan of Gastede and I'm not sure he will be able reproduce the 1 good season he had at Blackburn, that said, i don't think we will be able to keep hold of Ayew so for numbers sake i think he will be retained. 

Of those players I'd like to keep, its highly likely that the French lads we signed over the summer will leave, leaving us will a squad of:

Clark

Baker

Okore

Westwood

Grealish 

Gastede

Plus youth. 

There is lots of work to be done in order to shape a squad capable of mounting a promotion challenge imo. 

1 hour ago, av1 said:

No, its just that prostitutes from Sunderland aren't up to much. 

strange_dressed_people_21.jpg

Your mom isn't looking to well, but seems to be enjoying that cigar.

Edited by 007√

3 hours ago, 007√ said:

Could we tempt Yann M'Vila away from Sunderland?

And David Villa, as well as some players from Sevilla and Villarreal?

51 minutes ago, av1 said:

Excepting that we probably won't get rid of as many as I'd like, i think Gabby, Sinclair, Richards, Lescott and Bacuna have to go as a matter of urgency. 

As for players i would keep. I'm just going to list the senior players. 

Gk - None, both are absolutely terrible.

Defence 

Clark (candidate for captain depending on incomings)

Baker

Amavi

Okore

Midfield 

Grealish - providing he doesn't turn up in a gutter somewhere over the summer. 

Gana 

Veretout

Westwood

Attack

Ayew

Adama

Gastede - I'm not a big fan of Gastede and I'm not sure he will be able reproduce the 1 good season he had at Blackburn, that said, i don't think we will be able to keep hold of Ayew so for numbers sake i think he will be retained. 

Of those players I'd like to keep, its highly likely that the French lads we signed over the summer will leave, leaving us will a squad of:

Clark

Baker

Okore

Westwood

Grealish 

Gastede

Plus youth. 

There is lots of work to be done in order to shape a squad capable of mounting a promotion challenge imo. 

Is Gastede what happens to Gestede if he eats too many beans?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bobzy said:

I think he's a technically pretty decent player and would likely bolster our midfield.  However, he's a horrible human being and I don't want him anywhere near Villa Park.

I guess stamping is OK as long as there's not a major fuss over it :D

I hate that argument of people knowing what a strangers like but have judged them on a few incidents in their life! Joey Barton had issues mainly drink related but if you've listened to him in the last few years he's matured massively as a person and player. Football is littered with men who act like kids. As for the stamping he never got done for it and there's hundreds of players who've done worse. Anyway he's gone to Rangers so no point in going on. 

I will take any player who can improve our team. Even if I hate them for whatever reason I'd give them the chance to show what they've got. We need characters and leaders in our squad ASAP. 

5 hours ago, skarroki said:

I feel the same but was just trying to work out a starting point to analyse who we need to replace and who we should try and hold onto.

I'd go with

Bunn

Hutton Baker Clark Amavi

Adama Westwood Gueye Grealish

Gestede Ayew

Subs: Watkins, Gil, Kozak, Veretout, Gardner, Green, Cissokho

I would say from that, defense needs immediate and serious attention, and we need to get in a good partner for Gestede. Midfield options look promising but I'm not sure how many of them will stick around. Would prefer to replace Bunn but I wouldn't make it a priority. 

I would make replacing Bunn a very big priority and I would prefer us to seek a good partner for Ayew (if he is willing to stick around) rather than for Gestede who I doubt will score for fun next season despite what he did once in the past. I further doubt that half of Clark, Amarvi, Gueye, Gil, Veretout, Adama, Westwood, Gil, Kozak and Cissokho will still be with us at the start of the season.

So we need a manager in pronto to decide who we need to try to keep and who we need to try to sign. Time is not on our side.