Moyes - Now?

backenricker

Remi Garde is considered a very good technical coach and always comes across as an absolute gentleman, but it’s looking increasingly like he is not the right man for Aston Villa at this moment in time…;

Relegation battles require teams with spirit, desire, energy, commitment, endeavour, determination, grit – the non-technical attributes which this Villa side are not displaying right now.

After Sherwood, Villa needed a long-term manager, not another short-term coach.

Garde - in time, maybe with a pre-season and some of his own signings - might be OK. But there are too many if's there and ‘time’ is not a luxury Villa have right now…

David Moyes was not available when Garde was appointed. He IS available now and the next 4 fixtures before the January window kicks-in will determine whether this Villa side have ANY chance of staying in the Premier League AND what calibre of players we can hope to attract in the January window...;

Newcastle (A)

West Ham (H)

Norwich (A)

Sunderland (A)

These are desperate times. The Players, The Fans, The Club – all need a lift from somewhere and Moyes would give us that.

Moyes’ Everton teams always worked their socks off and that kind of heart is the only thing that is going to keep Villa in the Premier League.

There is a better chance of Moyes taking the job NOW, when he has more of an opportunity to turn things around, than at a later date when relegation looks even more of a certainty.

The Board are obliged to give Aston Villa the best possible chance of staying up. That is their duty to the club and fans.

Moyes - NOW, is the only way I can see us getting out of this mess…

After leaving Sociedad, Moyes said he had recently turned down job offers from England.

“I made a firm promise to Real Sociedad to honour my contract and it is disappointing not to be able to fulfil this commitment especially when I have turned down a number of job opportunities in recent months.”

IF one of those job opportunites was the Villa position, that means Moyes was first choice for the Villa job - He's available now.

It would be a tough decision - I get that, but again - these are desperate times and the circumstances have changed since Garde was appointed. 

Garde is the long term choice in my opinion. Unless we somehow magically find some form and win the next 4 games, and have a decent season from there, we are going down, but he will still be in charge come next season.

The only way I can see him being replaced is if we still look like a crap team for the first few months in the championship.

Agreed- the squad is poor but with some good results in December and Moyes in charge - we could attract better players in January to improve the squad.

For example - Moyes signed Baines, Lescott, Jagielka, Tim Cahill, Howard, Arteta, Pienaar, Coleman, Fellani all for fees well within Villa's price range...  

Do we want players like the above - the likes of Charlie Austin & Andros Townsend to come in January - who would be hungry and playing for a place in the England squad for the Euros next summer?

Or will we be signing more untried players from France...?

Please don't start pointless speculation threads like this. Unless you have inside information you can back up then you need a link (and quote) to an article not on a blacklisted site.