Week 8 - Denver Rodgers Green Bay

Tegis

I think the Peyton v Brady debate is a dead one now. Brady obviously having far more success and doing it with inferior players.

I'd tend to agree.  Saying that, I am always a little cautious gauging individual ability based on the amount of superbowl rings a team wins.  Dan Marino says hi.  But in Manning's case I think his lack of success in post-season really is down to him.  All too often it's him that doesn't turn up.  If he adds a ring this season then maybe the discussion could be re-opened a little, but if his legacy remains as it is today - or worse - he adds another post-season failure to the list (which is looking like a distinct possibility), then you can't really put him above Brady in any list, other than the one listing regular season flat track bullies.

Came back the other day from hopping over to see Patriots @ Colts and Saints @ Colts - all this makes me worry about Monday night

That could be NASTY.

Colts --> 0 pass rush (I'd be confident of standing in there and delivering a strike), throw it away from Adams/Davis and you've got a completion or a receiver led drop, and so long as you don't run it at Anderson on the DL, you've got a 5 yard gain on a run.

I've never seen such an easily dissected defense from a supposed 'Superbowl Contender' (as per pre-season claims!) - thank god for the AFC South and the fact the other 3 teams should be named Ginger Stepchild 1, 2 or 3 because that'll guarantee a career of playoff appearances for Luck - but they need to fix that damn defense

Patriots - very very effective, not as clinical as they have been IMO - just effective at getting things done they need to do. But yes, BORING.

The Colts have done that before though.  A few years back they defaulted their way through the regular season with no rush defence and then lo and behold they got one for the playoffs.  As for the likes of the Patriots, I think regular season is something they're just accustomed to sleep-walking through.  They'll be better in post-season.  As for Denver.  I'm hoping they experience the same change on offence as the Colts have to do on defence.  That we'll evolve over the season and be a different proposition in the knockouts.

The big(ger) sides just tend to get things done.  It'll be largely the same sides fighting it out when push comes to shove.

Apparently the NFL swept the Jets locker room at Gillette looking for bugs, and not the creepy crawly kind...

:rolleyes:

Goodell wants to take us down, but it's gonna sink him

Edited by maqroll

The Pats are excellent and very efficient in what they do. But my God, I don't think I've seen such a boring NFL team.

Brady, Gronk, Edelman and Lewis are all pretty electrifying IMO.

And Collins is the most underrated defensive player in the league.

Â