JPA

JPA  

89 members have voted

1. 1. JPA

• One season Wonder
    • Class - will return next season better than ever
    • I dont know - JPA's true form is a mystery to me

I am a big JPA but his performances this season have been a great concern to everyone. Once again he didnt look interested and looks a shadow of his former self (or at least of last season). To be a truly great player, you need to perform season upon season (with an allowance for minor blips in the middle); however, JPA has had a season long blip and my confidence in him is starting to truly diminish. I hope he goes away, reflects on the season, works hard in the summer and comes back stronger than ever.

We all know he has had his problems this season with a lack of a regular partner (or at least one who he can work with), plus various injuries and niggles, and a lack of form/confidence but sometimes he has looked woeful - even after reassurances of his fitness and confidence.

So....Do people think he will come back and prove his critics wrong next season by emulating or eclipsing last season; do you think he was a flash in the pan/a one season wonder; or do you just not know anymore.

P.S This could be an interesting debate so please can this be a sensible discussion and not descend into mindless arguing.

I thought this was a poll whether the JPA on this site should be banned :cheers:

but seriously I think JPA is the kind of fella that needs to be happy in all aprts of his life to play at his best and I really think the knee injury at the start of the season **** him up for the rest of it and he is worried buy it.

Agree that we need a much better midfield. Then I'll be able to tell you if I agree with the brilliant bit.

The key is that he doesnt miss a lot of chances. He just doesn't get many.

Maybe the poll should really be Nobby Solano- Genius or Flatters to Deceive...

JPA has suffered this season because of the following :-

1. His Knee injury

2. Darius Vassells injury

3. Being forced to play wit Carlton Cole

IMO if he gets a full injury free preseason, and a regular strike partner (Daz Vass ??) then he'll return to last seasons form. For me he has looked like he wants the season to end since mid February.

Fingers crossed for next season.

JPA has suffered this season because of the following :-

1. His Knee injury

2. Darius Vassells injury

3. Being forced to play wit Carlton Cole

IMO if he gets a full injury free preseason, and a regular strike partner (Daz Vass ??) then he'll return to last seasons form. For me he has looked like he wants the season to end since mid February.

Fingers crossed for next season.

id agree with that...

Brilliant player, who needs better midfield service.

So Johnson at CP is a brillian player then? I mean, henry-class?

Cut the shit, a player like Angel needs more goals and Villa is one of the teams with the most deliveries and crosses

Not Henry class. Clearly not. But he's scored a lot of goals in a poor team and been selected for England so he must have something about him.

Or would you say he's rubbish?

Brilliant player, who needs better midfield service.

Cut the shit, a player like Angel needs more goals and Villa is one of the teams with the most deliveries and crosses

Ive never said Johnsen was a brilliant player (10 out of 20 goals are penalties). Ive never said he was Henry-class. Though i believe JPA would be excellent at Arsenal.

I dont talk shit. The crosses you are refering to, are bollox. We might hit a lot of crosses, but thats our style of play. And even if the crosses are accurate, JPA will have to manage without midfield support beating a whole defence....

Angel is an average forward at best!

Dont know how long this injury bollocks will last but he is fit now and still looks un-interested and if not fit shouldnt be playing.

What happens next season, gets injured in the first month comes back plays rubbish everyone claims its the injury!

Good stikers come back from injury and perform (Henry for example) this is why Angel is an average striker in the prem. Same reason about playing with or without Vass if he was better than average then how can he only play with vass. Fair enough he prefers him but you have to adapt Juan not just do nothing!

This is why i know its gonna piss people off but Angel is a squad player and should not be starting every week, unless he performs and as soon as o'leary picks him like this then he might perform same for Samual for example :)

For those that voted '1 season wonder' what about his 1st full season under Gregory?.

Yes. You can't say he is a one season wonder. He was scoring at a decent rate until Turnip dropped him. If the team as a whole performs well next season then Angel will score goals again.

he looked rubbish today, no danger at all. vass was just pretty good i'd

say but angel never was a thread and i was glad when he came off actually. but that doesnt' mean i want him to leave, i'm one of the 50% that voted that i don't know about his future. i'm crossing fingers that he comes back in full force with another full preseason and a strong partership with vass and hopefully another striker to challenge and push the two.

I think the knee injury as took its toll.

Its evident by the amount of times he's caught offside by having to start runs early to compensate for his lack of pace.

Hopefully its temporary.

as for the offside, i agree and think that his timing issues have been made worse by his lack of fitness this year. he certianly isn't fast, and it's always clear that villa are a much better side with some pace.... like vass

He's clearly a good player when he has decent service. He also links the play up quite well. But when he has to work for goals himself, when they're not put on a plate (like most of them were last season) he's nowhere near as effective

and should not be starting every week

Thats true, though rest of your post is just funny :lol:

How quick people forget. JPA is carrying a lot of pressure, and responsibility. With a bigger squad, we could have rested him sometimes and not pushed him into action after his injury.

Calling JPA an average squad player, now thats just moronic.

Â