JPA

JPA  

89 members have voted

1. 1. JPA

• One season Wonder
    • Class - will return next season better than ever
    • I dont know - JPA's true form is a mystery to me

I cannot believe More people have voted 'One season wonder' :shock: .

Before anyone else considers this option may I point out that winning 2 player of the year awards and finishing top scorer in two separate seasons means you cannot be a one season wonder.

Simple really.

We established a few pages ago that the 'one season wonder' option should have been worded better and actually should be something to the effect of 'His best years are behind him' - so take it as that and not what it says.

I've not said they've had an awful season, I've said that the Champs league has masked what would otherwise have been an awful season. Yes at the moment they're (probably) not good enough to challenge the top 3, but they certainly should've been comfortably ahead of Everton and Bolton, injuries or no injuries

....They've had a shocking league season. ....League form - awful season.....

Ligs you did say awful season. But lets agree to disagree, I just wish Villa were in the same position as them

The CL has made their season, Drat I see your point, its been a great season for them, but this is due to the CL In terms of the league, if we'd gotten our act together in the transfer window and put the effort in, we could have been fighting for 5th with Liverpool, they've been within our reach which they really shouldn't be.

*agrees to disagree*

I also said:

"The Champions league run has rescued what would otherwise have been a bad season for Liverpool."

"Luckily the Champions league has been there to cover this up."

"League form - awful season

Champions league form - excellent season

Overall? It would be strange to say that a Champions league finalist had had a bad season, but regardless of whether they beat Milan or not, in the domestic league they have underachieved"

Anyway yes, let's leave it at this, get the thread back onto JPA

This whole thing started from my article. In which I said Liverpool were there for the taking in the Premiership, which Everton have shown. I was right, I never mentioned how they would do in the Champions League. JC is just getting his fanny in a twist.

of course you were right JPA, except that you said it was us who would do the taking, so in fact it was wrong. Never mind lets not let facts get in the way of a good argument

Drat, dig the article out if you want. I said Liverpool were there for the taking and we had a great chance, I didn't say we would beat them, just that we could. Everton have shown that 4th place up for grabs, like I said.

*Puts blanket on Drat's cage, tells people to stop rattling it* :wink:

**** JPA you should be in politics with all the bollox you spout. - bit of a give away and defeat for your statement when you say "we had a great chance". But at the end of the day Liverpool have had a better season than us and you have been proven wrong yet again.

Ill leave it to the good voters of VT to give their opinion of your comments

Â