JPA

JPA  

89 members have voted

1. 1. JPA

• One season Wonder
    • Class - will return next season better than ever
    • I dont know - JPA's true form is a mystery to me

TRL, Like I say, I know he can do a job, he proved that last season.

But whatever the reasons for failure this season, I want to see him on the bench next season if he shows signs of repeating the act. It's not a personal thing - we have to be ruthless if we are going to become a top team.

No i understand your opinion Jim, and its fair, but IMO its just as important to bring in more quality in the midfield. I agree a new striker is essential, but cant see how any striker we buy, will do miracles without new quality blod in the midfield. But having more bodies upfront is important. We have really been miserable without Daz this season, and the lack of bodies has reflected upon our resaults.

Its exciting having DOL looking at new strikers, but cant understand how anyone will be better then JPA & Daz. They are quality and thats a fact.

If we sign up Luke, get some improved midfield options, purchase a body upfront to cover for JPA, then our next season will be much brighter. Cant see us having so much injury problems again. (Knock on wood?) Anyway, Luke have learned a lot this season methinks, and having him to cover for Daz could be a good idea.

cant see how any striker we buy, will do miracles without new quality blood in the midfield

I'm sure you're right about that.

And in answer to your signature question, I think technically the sea level would fall if you removed all the sponges!

I do remember you saying that Liverpool would have a poor season. Semi finals of the Champions League? I'd hardly call that poor. Or will you just lie and say that didn't happen now?

I'd say they've had a poor season. They've been poor in the league especially away from home and might not even get top 5. A Champs League run has nothing to do with JPA saying that Liverpool are reachable in the league. Even if they win it, they've had a bad league season which is all that concerns Villa.

Bollox ED, Liverpool haven't had a poor season at all. They also played in a cup final and dont forget they are still very much in the running for a champs league place through their league position.

I'm sure they just lost to Palace a couple of weeks ago, even Blues did the double over them! *cough*

I think that the problem with JPA is that he has yet to have a settled strike partner.

If Vassell can stay injury free and they can both get on a better wave length, then I can see the goals coming for JPA.

Can you imagine Villa having a season where they get to a cup final, get to the champions league final and were currently 5th in the league with a potential to get 4th. All that with a brand new manager (new to the country) new players and the main striker out for most of the season with a broken leg

Yeah what a shit season that would be

Imagine spending all that money to improve a squad that finished 4th, only to potentially slip back a place or 2 and be 35 points off the top spot and miles behind 2nd and 3rd. Bad season. Luckily the Champions league has been there to cover this up

I would say back to his best next season, I wouldn't say better than ever though. Unfortunately that wasn't an option on the poll. It's ridiculous how at the start of the season anyone saying get rid of Angel or Mellberg would be shot down in flames yet now they're fairly common comments. Next season if they're both still here the opinion could sway completely the other way no doubt. I think Angel's a class act, I don't think we could bring in anyone better with the money available to us (unless we spent 15m (if we really have it) all on the one player which is just stupid)

^^^Thank you.
Thank you for what? Because Ligs made a point that doesnt really say much?

You said, in your slightly provocative way ( :shock: ) that Liverpool had a bad season. Now I think you will find thats not exactly the case. Even your mate Ligs said that the champions league run helped them, which seems to say it wasnt a bad season.

Definition of a good season would be what in your world?

Get real, there are 3 teams that can win the league, Liverpool even by their own admission are not one of them. They are amongst the other teams who challenge for fu=ourth place, maybe a cup run / win and anything else.

Oh thats exactly what they have done.

^^^Thank you.

You said, in your slightly provocative way ( :shock: ) that Liverpool had a bad season. Now I think you will find thats not exactly the case. Even your mate Ligs said that the champions league run helped them, which seems to say it wasnt a bad season.

Definition of a good season would be what in your world?

Get real, there are 3 teams that can win the league, Liverpool even by their own admission are not one of them. They are amongst the other teams who challenge for fu=ourth place, maybe a cup run / win and anything else.

I agree with Drat. How on earth anyone can think Liverpool have had a bad season is beyond me! Champions League finalists,which they might win considering Milan didnt deserve to go through, and still in the hunt for fourth place! Liverpool are in the process of building under Benitez so the best league position they could reasonably expect this year was fourth.

This all stems from someone saying Liverpool were there for the taking. Their Champions League form is irrelevant in terms of whether we should have caught them up or not.

True ED. I was looking in isolation, and I think that Liverpool have had a good season. I think the champions league final may well work in our favour due to it being the last match before it, even though it is 10 days or so, the temptation will be there for Liverpool to ease off somewhat.

I think the champions league final may well work in our favour due to it being the last match before it, even though it is 10 days or so, the temptation will be there for Liverpool to ease off somewhat

Not so sure about that because it seems that the 4th placed team will get the 4th spot - even if Liverpool were to win so they will have to be going all out to get 4th place I would have thought - unless 4th spot is secured by Everton by then of course, then I would agree - although our chances are surely gone now anyway!

I'm going to Liverpool - was looking forward to it before Sunday's shambles!

That's rubbish, there is no way that Liverpool should only be challenging Bolton, Everton, Boro etc with the players they have and the money they've spent. They've had a shocking league season.

^^^Thank you.

You said, in your slightly provocative way ( :shock: ) that Liverpool had a bad season. Now I think you will find thats not exactly the case. Even your mate Ligs said that the champions league run helped them, which seems to say it wasnt a bad season..

League form - awful season

Champions league form - excellent season

Overall? It would be strange to say that a Champions league finalist had had a bad season, but regardless of whether they beat Milan or not, in the domestic league they have underachieved

I cannot believe More people have voted 'One season wonder' :shock: .

Before anyone else considers this option may I point out that winning 2 player of the year awards and finishing top scorer in two separate seasons means you cannot be a one season wonder.

Simple really.

Dont agree Ligs - as I said Liverpool have had a good season based on the fact that even though they have lost their top goal scorer for many seasons, lost his replacement through a broken leg, had a new manager and a few players totally new to England and despite all of that they have reached two major cup finals (one of them the biggest cup competition europe if not the world) and in the league they are still challenging for the highest place they could possibly hope for. So to me thats the definition of a team having a good season.

Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal are at the moment beyond the rest of the league and as such 4th place is all that teams can realistically hope for.

OK this is OT but why do you see this as an awful season is totally beyond me.

Â