The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

4 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

I might be missing the wider context and this may well be a continuation of a wider reaching campaign to discredit labour on security. I accept that. 

Referring specifically to this article in isolation and my personal take on it, I believe they have attempted to make a non-too-subtle link between Khan the Muslim candidate and a terrorist atrocity committed by Muslims in London. 

People are voting for an individual, not a party on this occasion. I know party politics plays a big part in it, but for me this article is saying one thing with the aim of suggesting another. 

I don't know if 'dog whistle' is the right term, but it makes it easy for the Muslim link to be made, without blatantly saying it. A quick scan of the net/social media would suggest I'm not the only one thinks this? 

Picture may have been papers Idea/choice, but I doubt very much his team were not given the opportunity to see it/sign off on it prior to print. 

We are going to have to agree to disagree on this one Mantis, I think it attempts to use race, you don't - we won't change each other's minds. 

Thing is, it's not about individuals - it's all part of a wider Conservative attack line. That's why I don't buy the racism argument.

Yep, looks like the out sourcing of democracy to Capita by Barnet Council is going really well....

VOTERS in Barnet are being turned away from all polling stations due to a mix up with the lists.

People who tried to cast their vote in the mayoral and GLA elections this morning were told they would have to come back later.

Hendon Times

Capita telling people to 'come back later', brilliant. I bet next year you'll be able to pay a little extra and get an enhanced executive service where a vote is almost  guaranteed.

So Londoners who you voting for as Mayor? I cant stand Sadiq Khan he just looks slimy. Cant vote for Goldsmith either as I am not liking alot of the decisions the conservatives have made recently. I am voting Galloway. I really like him, We need someone tough and who speaks how it is. 

not voting for Khan as he's a Muslim and not voting for Goldsmith cause he's a Jew ..think I'll vote for that nice Englishman Prince Zylinski 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

So Londoners who you voting for as Mayor? I cant stand Sadiq Khan he just looks slimy. Cant vote for Goldsmith either as I am not liking alot of the decisions the conservatives have made recently. I am voting Galloway. I really like him, We need someone tough and who speaks how it is. 

Galloway is polling at 0%

• Like 2

Galloway talks a great deal of sense, but he's a strutting peacock of a tool.

Sadiq has been my MP for yonks. Though I didn't vote for him, he's a good constituency MP.

I've written to him, he helped out. Fair play to him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, coda said:

Galloway is polling at 0%

Looks like its going to still be 0% as they have messed up the voting in my area the absolute imbeciles. Just like at barnet a whole host of people have been told to come back later and I can't. Someone smell a rat...?

Barnet have now said that if you were turned away earlier and can't get back you can 'possibly' get an emergency proxy vote if you re register before 5:00pm.

Somebody has then asked if it's legal to be altering the electoral register half way through an election day and have been tweeted the response 'probably'.

At it's most banal, it's just an admin error that could happen pretty much anywhere. But it does give people the opportunity to dial their indignation up to 11.

At it's most serious, there will be people that have been denied a vote today. Imagine if any of the results are anywhere near being close.

The fact the Chief Rabbi was told he couldn't vote as he wasn't on the list, and that it was Barnet where part of the process was outsourced just add to the fun.

4 hours ago, snowychap said:

Sir, I salute your courage, your strength, your indefatigability.

You're a drink-soaked former Trotskyist popinjay.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Barnet have now said that if you were turned away earlier and can't get back you can 'possibly' get an emergency proxy vote if you re register before 5:00pm.

Somebody has then asked if it's legal to be altering the electoral register half way through an election day and have been tweeted the response 'probably'.

At it's most banal, it's just an admin error that could happen pretty much anywhere. But it does give people the opportunity to dial their indignation up to 11.

At it's most serious, there will be people that have been denied a vote today. Imagine if any of the results are anywhere near being close.

The fact the Chief Rabbi was told he couldn't vote as he wasn't on the list, and that it was Barnet where part of the process was outsourced just add to the fun.

Doesn't make a difference khans going to win by a landslide. I am going to be interested to see what Khan does with regards to train fares as he promised to freeze them for four years. I do t see how he plans to do that unless he is scrapping parts of the improvement on underground schemes. That was one of the major winning points for khan promising that and I don't see how he intends to deliver on this.

Tory election expenses: police announce investigation

Seven police forces have launched investigations into Conservative MPs for possible election fraud, acting on evidence revealed by Channel 4 News.

The allegations of fraud largely relate to the Tories’ much lauded 2015 “Battle Bus”, which scuttled activists around the country in the lead-up to the general election. The expenses for this campaigning tool were declared under the party’s national return. But detailed investigations by Channel 4 News and The Mirror suggest the Battle Bus was used to encourage constituents to vote for local candidates. In those circumstances, expenses should have been listed on local returns and would have pushed many candidates over the legal spending limit. This would be in breach of the Representation of the People Act (RPA) 1983. MPs found guilty could face up to one year in prison, substantial fines, and be barred from office for three years.

Channel 4 News

Makes you wonder how seriously the police will take it?

George Osborne rebuked for 'no cuts in police budgets' claim

Chancellor claimed he would provide ‘real-terms protection’ but forces face £160m funding cut, statistics watchdog rules

Grauniad

• Like 2

I had second and third thoughts dignifying the idea with words, but apparently Mrs Hopkins has come up with a whizzo idea to streak through London with a halal sausage in her anus, for reasons that personally I would have thought better shared with a psychiatrist than the public at large, but I guess I'm not clinging on to the bottom rung of the Z-list ladder, so what would I know. 

Katie Hopkins Confims She Will Run Naked Through London After Sadiq Khan’s Election As Mayor

Katie Hopkins has said she will follow through on her promise to streak naked through the streets of London with a sausage up her bottom following Sadiq Khan’s historic election as mayor.

The professional provocateur, who is famed for her acerbic opinions, pledged to undertake the bizarre stunt in the event Khan was elected.

In a reference to Khan’s Muslim religion, Hopkins confirmed that she would perform the ritual, but only with Halal-sourced meat.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/katie-hopkins-confims-she-will-run-naked-through-london-after-sadiq-khans-election-as-mayor_uk_572e4a6fe4b0e6da49a65edb

Seems like she's actually mentally ill at this point. 

Â