The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I mean for me. If the daily rate was like a pound i dont think people would have made such a big fuss for **** £12.50 a day is **** ridiculous thats £87.50 a week.

Thats £350 a week if you travelled every day and your car isnt compliant. That alone i think makes it a money maker and its not really to do with environment in my view.

Whats the ULEZ money going towards anyone know? If it was for the environment they should put that back in the coffers to help those on lower incomes to get a car thats compliant 

The money goes to improving the transport network. 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I mean for me. If the daily rate was like a pound i dont think people would have made such a big fuss for **** £12.50 a day is **** ridiculous thats £87.50 a week.

Thats £350 a week if you travelled every day and your car isnt compliant. That alone i think makes it a money maker and its not really to do with environment in my view.

Whats the ULEZ money going towards anyone know? If it was for the environment they should put that back in the coffers to help those on lower incomes to get a car thats compliant 

If it’s £350 per week, you get a newer compliant car, that’s literally the point of the scheme.

in 7 years time there will be no petrol or diesel cars being sold. Hybrids will be gone by 2035

What the ULEZ scheme aims to do is speed up that process

We’ve got some serious work to do to address air quality and pollution and either or both of the big parties need to take people on the journey with them sooner or later.

Labour deciding to move equally slowly to match the tories and prevent it being a point of difference will not help us in the long run. 

There will be a need pretty soon to draw up a new manifesto, it’ll be interesting to see what impact Ruislip has on their thinking.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bickster said:

If it’s £350 per week, you get a newer compliant car, that’s literally the point of the scheme.

in 7 years time there will be no petrol or diesel cars being sold. Hybrids will be gone by 2035

The point is people cant afford that!

8 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

We’ve got some serious work to do to address air quality and pollution and either or both of the big parties need to take people on the journey with them sooner or later.

Labour deciding to move equally slowly to match the tories and prevent it being a point of difference will not help us in the long run. 

There will be a need pretty soon to draw up a new manifesto, it’ll be interesting to see what impact Ruislip has on their thinking.

How about stop building so many new homes? Bet that would help with the environment. There is enough houses/flats to go arpund just that some greedy **** own so many of them

28 minutes ago, bickster said:

Yet your man Starmer asks anyone who thinks like you to 'reflect'. 

9 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Surely the better thing pete than taking people off the roads with cars which some people cant afford to do, is make cars

1) more environmentally friendly

2) more affordable 

. The issue is that there are too many cars. Having more cars will make the traffic and environment issues worse, which is what the ULEZ is there to prevent. 

14 minutes ago, Milfner said:

. The issue is that there are too many cars. Having more cars will make the traffic and environment issues worse, which is what the ULEZ is there to prevent. 

If they really cared about this they would raise the age for new drivers (they could have done this a while ago as a option) 

I live in area where we got tube NR and buses yet i cant get to alot of places even with all this and need my car. Also the northern villtalkers have said before that they have very limited public transport options.  So if i struggle with getting ti certain places they have no chance.

Also when during covid whwn there was no cars on the road was there any data on how this improved the environment?

12 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I genuinely thought at one point back there, that working from home was going to open up an easy hit on reducing traffic, reducing pollution, improving quality of life. Not suitable for everyone, every job, but it could have made a significant hole in the problem.

No. We have to rat race. It’s the system.

Good point but i just had a feeling it wouldnt last. TFL would have gone bust and all the landlords wont be gettjng all their rent foe the offices so they always were gonna try make us go back to how we were

But even working from home your using more electricity and heating so its a catch 22

3 hours ago, Seat68 said:

If I am reading this right if you correct someone then that makes you in favour of that person. 

I feel to jump in here as i dont like the implying someone is slow. Lets been respectful as applied in a post above (not yours seat) because they asked a question.

No from my understanding and read a few pages back with @Davkaus i said to him he seems like labour supporter as he rarely criticises labour but always the tories. He clarified his position with a in depth post making his position clear. So now i know where he stands

I only know bicks isnt a labour supoorter because he has mentioned it a few times which could have easily been missed by Jareth ( i dont wanna speak on behalf of him but just a possibility to think about) 🙂

18 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I feel to jump in here as i dont like the implying someone is slow. Lets been respectful as applied in a post above (not yours seat) because they asked a question.

No from my understanding and read a few pages back with @Davkaus i said to him he seems like labour supporter as he rarely criticises labour but always the tories. He clarified his position with a in depth post making his position clear. So now i know where he stands

I only know bicks isnt a labour supoorter because he has mentioned it a few times which could have easily been missed by Jareth ( i dont wanna speak on behalf of him but just a possibility to think about) 🙂

Implying someone is slow? Nice of you to stick up for Jareth but I am not sure how you took away from my post the implication someone is slow. Correcting someone doesn't indicate support. 

14 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

If they really cared about this they would raise the age for new drivers (they could have done this a while ago as a option) 

That's an interesting idea but that is pushing the solution onto the younger/next generation. Why don't we stop people driving at a certain age, I don't know, say 60, or why not 50, or 40. Probably wouldn't suit us though would it as it would affect us not some poor sod who is either not old enough to decide or not born yet.

I think we are simply being selfish bastards aren't we kicking the can down the road on a lot of this so it doesn't impact us too much in the here and now. 

I'm not pointing the finger here by the way as I'll be guilty of this as well. Plenty of us will agree something needs to be done, initiatives are put forward/implemented that in combination can really help then the first thought becomes 'is it going to have a detrimental impact on me financially or be an inconvenience?' and if the answer is yes then for many it is a big **** that is there anyone I can vote for who will oppose it, ensure any measures impact someone else or kick the can and let the future generation sort it. Of course future generations won't have the time as us selfish bastards here and now will have wasted it but hey ho as long as we're alright Jack.

• Like 4

Fix all the ULEZ kerfuffle and work with companies to push working from home. It worked for so many companies during covid, why did we stop? 

A mere 30% of people who can wfh actually doing that every week will seriously slash both pollution, crashes, congestion, road maintenance and the issues around housing in big cities.

As a side effect you could actually pump some revenue into rural towns where no one wants to live because of lack of jobs.

Edited by magnkarl

Â