Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Whilst I know the massive clearout was needed (for crap players) and expected (for good players), and some of the links look pretty exciting, I can't help but get very nervous about going into the season with essentially and entirely new team / squad.  I know Southampton managed to do it pretty well, but the history of other sides making wholesale changes isn't great.  Tim hasn't much management experience and despite his massive self-confidence this is an enormous challenge - getting possibly 8-10 players firing together in a couple of weeks.

It's going to be a nervous ride I think.

Yep there is a tipping point where you lose too many people and you lose the cohesion in the side.  It becomes like first day at school where no-one knows anyone else's name :)  Spurs went years doing that and it pissed my mate off no end.  They basically threw away the first couple of months.  He's only too happy that they've been quiet this summer because they'll probably hit the ground running.  But I suppose you could say they only have this quiet window because they did the chopping and changing in the past.  This might be a necessary window for us to go through, provided we manage to stay up in the process ...

Whilst I know the massive clearout was needed (for crap players) and expected (for good players), and some of the links look pretty exciting, I can't help but get very nervous about going into the season with essentially and entirely new team / squad.  I know Southampton managed to do it pretty well, but the history of other sides making wholesale changes isn't great.  Tim hasn't much management experience and despite his massive self-confidence this is an enormous challenge - getting possibly 8-10 players firing together in a couple of weeks.

It's going to be a nervous ride I think.

Yep there is a tipping point where you lose too many people and you lose the cohesion in the side.  It becomes like first day at school where no-one knows anyone else's name :)  Spurs went years doing that and it pissed my mate off no end.  They basically threw away the first couple of months.  He's only too happy that they've been quiet this summer because they'll probably hit the ground running.  But I suppose you could say they only have this quiet window because they did the chopping and changing in the past.  This might be a necessary window for us to go through, provided we manage to stay up in the process ...

It's always a case of "provided we manage to stay up" lol Iguana have to find another excuse Brian

EDIT Damn you beat me to it!

Edited by Richard

Am phibian it's going to be a big week

A big week with just 1 signing?  :(

But a really big one.

A new owner?  :ph34r:

No no sorry. A New Sign In. 

You know - a really big one. Like: 

ASTON VILLA 

• Like 2

I hope that the odds shortening on Villa signing Charlie Autstin QPR aren't just due to the media putting 2 and 2 together considering our Benteke money... I'd really like to see Austin at Villa and hope we can get this done quickly now, imo he'd be a great addition.

Adebayor on loan would be interesting too and our front line with this pairing could be formidable, I said previously I'm not really a fan attitude wise but when he's on it and fancies a game there is no denying his ability. Someone mentioned earlier that Adebayor would need to have a good season to put himself in the shop window for a big money move in the summer when he is out of contract, I totally agree and I wouldn't mind us exploiting that motivation and sure TS fancies his chances of getting a good season out of him. 100k a week might be a bit rich and I see west ham linked too, they'd pay it im sure and far more local to him so we'll how this progresses.

Any more puns and iguana ban the lot of ye.

All iguana do is see some new signings

As long as we dont say Come here Leon  best

Was that a really tenuous Chameleon pun ?  If it was, the door is just there on your right.

• Like 2

Igunana go out on a limb here and say Richard doesn't know anything. I read last summer him saying how huge things were happening and he was very positive and it was just the same old crap. 

• Like 2

Igunana go out on a limb here and say Richard doesn't know anything. I read last summer him saying how huge things were happening and he was very positive and it was just the same old crap. 

cool

I don't think there are any ITKs on VT at the moment.

Delphino is the only one but his info is about the kit, not the playing staff.

• Like 2