Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Artur Boruc is a free agent in the summer, wouldn't be a bad signing on the free! he's 35 but can still do a job for a few years!

My personal choice for goalkeeper next season would be Jonathan Bond from Watford, only 21 and has a lot of potential

He's mental - not sure I'd want to run the risk.

I Think a player from Stoke is realistic! Why not??? Think like this,we are Aston Villa just won FA cup,in Europe,the biggest team in the area that he lives near,I'm sorry but I don't believe that this is not possible!

We haven't won anything since 1996.

• Like 2

I Think a player from Stoke is realistic! Why not??? Think like this,we are Aston Villa just won FA cup,in Europe,the biggest team in the area that he lives near,I'm sorry but I don't believe that this is not possible!

30/5/2015

• Like 1

30/5/2015

Even if you're prediction turns out right, I won't believe till at least 14/6/2015.

You know what they say about counting your chickens though right?

• Like 1

When was the last time Stoke won anything (assuming they have won a trophy)?

If we cannot attract a player from Stoke then we really are in a sorry state of affairs.

Unless he's on a free, it'd be quite a faff to get him.

We'd have to pay a big wedge for him and we're not that much of step up from Stoke - we only are in terms of tradition, really. He wouldn't be getting paid a whole lot more, he's not going to win a whole lot more - just seems like a largely pointless move.

If we cannot attract a player from Stoke then we really are in a sorry state of affairs.

We'd have to pay a big wedge for him and we're not that much of step up from Stoke - we only are in terms of tradition, really. He wouldn't be getting paid a whole lot more, he's not going to win a whole lot more - just seems like a largely pointless move.

I understand what you are saying but do not agree! He's playing for a club that has just achieved a best could hope for season! When a move to villa,a club if run properly can achieve much more and yes the last 5 years that's not been the way,but now I think the corner is being turned and surely Aston Villa is a great move for him!!!

Very wary of taking players from relegated teams.

Richardson (sort of) worked out but still wary.

You really think so?
I think it has worked out yes. He was supposedly a free transfer. He has had some truly awful games and has lost any of the pace he had but think he has some good games to balance it.

You really think so?
I think it has worked out yes. He was supposedly a free transfer. He has had some truly awful games and has lost any of the pace he had but think he has some good games to balance it.

Agreed.

He was good at the start of the season and has been decent enough recently, with some poor performances in between.

I wouldn't have him starting every week but as a backup he's adequate.

We have been linked to James Maddison of Coventry (sky paper talk) I hope so coz he is a great little player!

I started a thread in "Other Football" regarding him a few months back, would be a great signing if this was to happen. He is very similar to Jack Grealish!

Don't want him anyway

You really think so?

Agreed.

He was good at the start of the season and has been decent enough recently, with some poor performances in between.

Can't be arsed to get into a debate because it's clearly just differing opinions but, out of interest, what good performances has he put in? I strongly feel that he has only been given a pass due to us winning some games, with him being the worst player on the pitch.

Really really hope he isn't here and is replaced next year, would rather have Nicky Shorey or Luna back (maybe joking)

• Like 1

You really think so?
Agreed.

Can't be arsed to get into a debate because it's clearly just differing opinions but, out of interest, what good performances has he put in? I strongly feel that he has only been given a pass due to us winning some games, with him being the worst player on the pitch.

Really really hope he isn't here and is replaced next year, would rather have Nicky Shorey or Luna back (maybe joking)

I forget which teams we played at the start of the season but I specifically remember Richardson getting a lot of credit and being our man of the match in at least one of those games.

Recently every game he's played since (and including) the Spurs game he's been decent enough.

Not amazing, and like I said not good enough to start every week, but certainly good enough to be a back up for a team of our level.

I realise he's been the scapegoat of the month recently, but he really hasn't been bad at all.

• Like 1

He also does a lot of work offensively that goes unnoticed. I outlined some after the Everton game (I think it was that game)

He stretches the opposition a lot more than a player like Hutton does.