The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Well match of day making a big point about the complete change in attitude and attacking intent after half time.

What MOTD have to say is utterly irrelevant. We should all just be happy that we played reasonably well, won the game and scored some goals whether you think Sherwood helped or not.

Edited by sexbelowsound

Well match of day making a big point about the complete change in attitude and attacking intent after half time.

Watch MOTD have to say is utterly irrelevant. We should all just be happy that we played reasonably well, won the game and scored some goals whether you think Sherwood helped or not.

This is the Sherwood thread isn't it?

Watch MOTD have to say is utterly irrelevant. We should all just be happy that we played reasonably well, won the game and scored some goals whether you think Sherwood helped or not.

No.

No.

Yes. 

I guess my opinion on Sherwood is just lets wait and see. I still have the same reservations I mentioned in the new Manager thread but am trying to feel positive about it.
Are you for real? You spent nearly every minute of the last few days bad mouthing Sherwood and talking about what a bad appointment he would be. Now after one game you are feeling positive! Boy your life must be one hell of a rollercoster of emotions!!

First of all I think 'badmouthing' is the wrong word, I was one of the posters constantly saying that I didn't think he was a 'prick' like a few others were making out and I also said he seemed like an alright guy. So I wasn't knocking him as a person as 'badmouthing' might imply. As I've already said I had my reservations and still do, but it's just a case of wait and see. Next, I didn't say I was feeling positive I said I was trying to feel positive.

Get Outa here!!!

Alright I admit I did say that he had an air of 'look at me and how honest I am' but guess what? In my next post I admitted that was wrong of me. Your right I was talking about what a bad appointment he would be and I still have the same doubts I just don't want to keep going on about them.

I made a really excellent point on the last page, even if people are going overboard with their positivity for Sherwood I think it's a good thing because it migh be just what we need to help us over the line.

There's no praise like self praise eh? Well done

• Like 1

I think he's probably principally taking issue with phrases like "the real deal," after a single cup game against the team currently bottom of the Premier League, and four points adrift. It's a promising beginning, but how can he be "the real deal" after a single team talk and forty-five minutes of play? I want him to eventually become that, but talk about jumping the gun.

That's fair. But I think there are better ways to express that than to call those people fickle. The smilie does not make it OK!
The fickle thing was a joke but it's funny how some folk get defensive when that word gets metioned...
Yes funny you made a comment with the intention of getting a reaction and you got one. Well done you.

Do I win a prize?

Yes. A signed paul Lambert picture is on its way to you.

Yes. 

I actually didn't get what your original points was tbh. What I was saying is MOTD making a big deal about the change in attacking intent after half time is irrelevant because they know just as little as we do in terms of what was said by Sherwood and how it helped the team. We should be happy with the win and the way we did it and look forward to seeing what Sherwood can do in the next few games when he as the team to himself for a longer period of time.

What MOTD have to say is utterly irrelevant. We should all just be happy that we played reasonably well, won the game and scored some goals whether you think Sherwood helped or not.

What a strange comment in the Tim Sherwood thread, after a much better half following his first proper interaction with the team.

The time to complain is when we surrender a two-goal lead to Stoke on Saturday. :mellow:

It won't happen due to a reason that most people will dismiss because we couldn't score goals.

That reason is our captain is back. Had he not played today we would have lost IMO.

I agree about Vlaar. I'm saddened how quickly some have written him off.

I guess my opinion on Sherwood is just lets wait and see. I still have the same reservations I mentioned in the new Manager thread but am trying to feel positive about it.

Are you for real? You spent nearly every minute of the last few days bad mouthing Sherwood and talking about what a bad appointment he would be. Now after one game you are feeling positive! Boy your life must be one hell of a rollercoster of emotions!!
First of all I think 'badmouthing' is the wrong word, I was one of the posters constantly saying that I didn't think he was a 'prick' like a few others were making out and I also said he seemed like an alright guy. So I wasn't knocking him as a person as 'badmouthing' might imply. As I've already said I had my reservations and still do, but it's just a case of wait and see. Next, I didn't say I was feeling positive I said I was trying to feel positive.
Get Outa here!!!

Alright I admit I did say that he had an air of 'look at me and how honest I am' but guess what? In my next post I admitted that was wrong of me. Your right I was talking about what a bad appointment he would be and I still have the same doubts I just don't want to keep going on about them.

Ok I'll let you off.

What a strange comment in the Tim Sherwood thread, after a much better half following his first proper interaction with the team.

Not at all, they know nothing about what was said and whether it changed the outcome of the game. We should just be thankful that the change has been made and things are hopefully on the up.

The time to complain is when we surrender a two-goal lead to Stoke on Saturday. :mellow:

It won't happen due to a reason that most people will dismiss because we couldn't score goals.

That reason is our captain is back. Had he not played today we would have lost IMO.

I agree about Vlaar. I'm saddened how quickly some have written him off.

To be honest I'm kinda glad he has been injured most the season because he had he been fit I honestly think Lambert would still be manager.

Get Outa here!!!

Ok I'll let you off.

Thanks and I'll let you off, if he turns out to be a load of rubbish and you dare to moan about him.

Edited by useless

Not at all, they know nothing about what was said and whether it changed the outcome of the game. We should just be thankful that the change has been made and things are hopefully on the up.

Well they do know what was said because Shay Given told us all and we don't know for sure but common sense tells you it had an effect. The pundits showed examples of positive play, midfielders getting in the box and players close to benteke in the area. All things we've seen very little of. Now we don't know 100% if Sherwood had an effect on that but its seems a massive coincidence if he didn't.

As a Villa fan, and Lincoln being my other team... Chris Sutton should be NOWHERE NEAR our coaching staff. Guy is a complete tool, and one hell of a bore.

Fair enough.  I was just suggesting him in preference to Shearer, mainly.  That said, he might make a better fist of being someone's number two than a manger (I always got the impression he was quite sharp and thoughtful for a footballer; ruthless in a good way, and with a slight air of menace - some Celtic fans still refer to him as 'The Evil Genius').  The other thing is that with Sherwood as boss and Sutton as right-hand man, you've have a duo with a practical, working knowledge of the three principle outfield playing areas, at the top level - Sherwood being a very handy midfielder, and Sutton being a striker who started out at Norwich as a defender, and who could still effectively fill-in at the back if required to in an emergency, later on in his career. 

I think I'm being a little harsh due to how crap he was at Lincoln !! Spent a load of dosh that Lincoln have never really recovered from. He does seem thoughtful, and I like your logic in the three principles. However, he lacks inspiration and is very dull. This might reign Sherwood in a bit, but I'd rather someone like John Hartson... I know he doesn't know Sherwood as say Sutton, but he'd be a bit more inspiration than the bore of Sutton. BTW, I am not saying get John Hartson, just someone who has a better character !

Get Outa here!!!
Ok I'll let you off.

Thanks and I'll let you off, if he turns out to be a load of rubbish and you dare to moan about him.

Haha that depends on how long he is shit for.

• Like 1

Â