Superbowl XLIX

Tegis

Superbowl poll  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the superbowl?

• Patriots
    • Seahawks

I dunno...might be in a minority but Gronk seems a bit of a dummy, and irritating to boot

Nah, I can't stand him.

He's a big dumb jock, but he's gregarious and clearly has fun. He's not one of those boring, sullen, monotone a-holes that are so common in sports. I like Gronk.

• Like 1

ONR03BM.jpg

B9BtN6dIMAABdCm.jpg

Classless. I forget how much time the Seahawks spent poking fun of the Broncos at their parade.

U MAD BRO!?

Nah just a bit stupid that a guy who isn't fit to lace Lynch's cleats can say anything about him.

My initial thought was that Sherman was actually flashing the "24" because Baldwin beat Revis for the TD. They're always complaining the receivers don't get enough respect. Not necessarily any slight on Revis' ability as a shutdown corner.

Edited by adz.villa

I've only been following the NFL since the back end of 2012, but it didn't take me long to establish that Sherman is probably the biggest word removed in sport, let alone the NFL.

That 24 points playing up to the camera he did at the Super Bowl has come back to haunt him. Fair play to whoever thought of the meme.

I've only been following the NFL since the back end of 2012, but it didn't take me long to establish that Sherman is probably the biggest word removed in sport, let alone the NFL.

That 24 points playing up to the camera he did at the Super Bowl has come back to haunt him. Fair play to whoever thought of the meme.

Really?

You can't be following closely enough if you genuinely hold this viewpoint. You need to seriously get some perspective if you think Sherman, a trash talker, is worse than violent criminals, woman beaters, children beaters, gun abusers, drug users and the like. And that's just the NFL. 

Who was the first to Brady to congratulate him?

sb49-richard-sherman-tom-brady-handshake

Doesn't fit with the narrative though.

Edited by StefanAVFC

I think what MCTW was actually saying was that within the sport, Sherman because of his trash-talking, is the easiest to dislike. He's by far the most annoying and because his sporting-persona is deliberately that of a complete a-hole, he's the one every neutral is waiting to fall big time. He is easy to 'hate' in the context of the sport but he carefully engineers that himself.

Sherman is just a trash talker. Plenty of guys talk trash, it's part of the game. I like Sherman, cuz he's like Gronk, only smarter and not as goofy.

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 1

I like Gronk - he reminds me of some of my friends...big, raucous, dopey idiots, and I'd most certainly want them/him at a party. Plus his talent is unquestionable. However I can see why some people dislike him and would find him irritating.

Same for Sherman. Some people will love him, but they must surely understand why others think he's a total nobber.

I'm sure as I get into the game more and more, I'll find other players who I dislike moreso.

• Like 1

I like Gronk for those reasons too. He's like the Andrew Flintoff of the NFL. A lad's lad who happens to be very good at what he does and doesn't take himself too seriously whilst not really knowing how to behave in civilised company :P Sherman OTOH is the ultimate WUM, so it's not surprising when he succeeds in "W" people "U".

Â