Conference Championship Weekend 2015 - Non chokers edition

Tegis

A Patriots win would only enhance the achievements/legacy of Tom Coughlin and Eli Manning so that outcome i could root for possibly, except that it would mean the PATs get their 4th Lombardi and Brady would move 2 ahead of Eli.  If they win the championship they will play for a ring at the University of Pheonix Stadium; the site of their most embarrassing loss in franchise history.

I like Rodgers as much as any QB not named Eli Manning so wouldnt mind the Pack winning except for it meaning Green Bay get their 5th Lombardi and Rodgers joining the QB's with multiple rings list.  There are currently only 11 QB's to have won multiple Super Bowls, of which only 3 are currently active.  If Rodgers can go through the Cowboys, Seattle and Colts/PATs on one leg it would be nothing short of remarkable.

Seattle are going for back to back victories and you have to admire just how talented that defense and team is due to their QB being on a 3rd round contract which has allowed them to stay loaded right across their roster.  Another win gives them their second ring in back to back seasons and initiates the talk of a dynasty.  Are they going to be able to afford to pay everyone after another win and having already stated their intent to pay Russell Wilson as the highest paid QB in the league?  I wouldnt mind a Seattle win again because it would be another case of defense wins championships in back to back seasons where the league is tailoring everything towards the offense.  However as above it would but a very young Russell Wilson on the multiple rings list which is something to root against.

I will get this out the way now, i dont like Andrew Luck.  I dont know why and cant put my finger on it but something just doesnt sit right with me about him despite all the evidence to the contrary.  He is however the only QB remaining yet to win it.  A win would mean the 3rd Lombardi for the Colts.

All things considered, my rooting order this weekend is as follows:

Colts

Pack

Seattle

Pats

If the Pats make it though, id probably want them to win rather than lose a superbowl to any franchise that isnt the New York Football Giants.

No Cowboys in the big game though so im fine with anything now really, just as long as there are 3 more good games left!

I want Seattle to win it. They're likeable IMO and it would only be their 2nd title. In a stupid way, they're too good to win too many more, the players will overvalue themselves and they won't be able to afford to keep the team together.

All of our stars are tied down though. IT's just Bobby and Wilson to sign this year.

For example - tied down to long term deals..

Sherman 

Kam

Earl Thomas

3/4 of the LOB

Avril

Bennett

Our best DE's

KJ Wright

Great OLB

Unger

Baldwin

Key parts of the offense

Haushkha

One of the best kickers in the league

We will sign Bobby and Wilson and that's the entire core of the team signed. Losing Lynch will be a blow but we'll manage. It's not as if we're losing everyone.

I want Seattle to win it. They're likeable IMO and it would only be their 2nd title. In a stupid way, they're too good to win too many more, the players will overvalue themselves and they won't be able to afford to keep the team together.

Players maybe but their fans are all complete and utter word removeds :P

Seasquawks are sure to win just because I predicted pre season they wouldn't ... Im going to get in early and predict they win it in 2016 just to jinx any chance they have :)

• Like 1

the site of their most embarrassing loss in franchise history.

Er, that would be Super Bowl XX in New Orleans.

Nothing embarrassing about losing a close game on a flukey play. Just didn't pan out. 

Embarrassing is getting played off the field like what happened against Chicago.

Â