New manager

reykjavik

Hope it's not Sherwood.

As do many but I think fans need to get used to the idea because it's happening.
Do you have proof of this or is it just based on what you have seen/read? Just curious really.
I'm a betting man and generally when odds get slashed this much it normally happens.

With all due respect so am I, this is not your usual market.

What's so wrong about what krulak said ? Lambert was backed as much as possible. Accounts back this up. He wasted a good chunk on shite. (He also brought some gems) He destroyed any sell on value on Bent. He played the worst football In the league. He lied about the value of players bought as again set out in the accounts. He failed. Gutted he did but he did. End of. People taking moral high ground. Krulak was asked or posed a question and he replied honestly which he is entitled to do as much as us on here. I really can't see the fuss

Laudrup was a disaster at Swansea and was sacked. Why so much love for him?

Sherwood is a clown.

Klinsmann or Tuchel would be lovely - the chap at Real Madrid would be interesting too.

I'm hoping after some really ropey domestic appointments Tom Fox decides to go foreign this time.

I’m not criticising you here, I‘d just like to know how you formed the opinion that Laudrups Swansea reign was a disaster!?

He won the league cup in his first season and they finished 8th. Their first silverware in 100 years.  He was sacked in his 2nd season when they were in 12th.

He changed their style from the impotent style Rodgers had them play to a more direct style while maintaining possession and pressing.

He signed Michu, Chico Flores, Pablo Hernández, de Guzmán & Ki for less than Lambert spent here.

If he came here and did that he would, in my view, be an absolute hero.

I have no idea what it would take for you to call a manger a success.

I’d really like it if you would explain why you think he was a disaster at Swansea and while you’re at it what you would expect a successful Aston Villa manager to achieve?

I conceed that "disaster" may have been a bit strong.

My main issue with Laudrup is that there is no long term benefit to his presence. They one a trophy. Marvellous. So did McLeish -  with an infinitely inferior sqaud.

Spotting a player does not a manager make either - Lambert can spot a player Okore, Benteke, Gil.

Laudrup could keep us up - great I'd be delighted. But I'd want him gone that summer ready for a long term stable appointment. I wouldn't want him hanging around.

What's so wrong about what krulak said ? Lambert was backed as much as possible. Accounts back this up. He wasted a good chunk on shite. (He also brought some gems) He destroyed any sell on value on Bent. He played the worst football In the league. He lied about the value of players bought as again set out in the accounts. He failed. Gutted he did but he did. End of. People taking moral high ground. Krulak was asked or posed a question and he replied honestly which he is entitled to do as much as us on here. I really can't see the fuss

It was completely unnecessary. Petty point scoring. Though I can understand him sticking up for his mate to some degree he is a board member and should act as such, with dignity.

In hardly surprised though.

• Like 3

It was so unnecessary. Krulak has no credibility in football.

Hope it's not Sherwood.

As do many but I think fans need to get used to the idea because it's happening.
Do you have proof of this or is it just based on what you have seen/read? Just curious really.
I'm a betting man and generally when odds get slashed this much it normally happens.

Yep. Next manager markets are notoriously volatile and small. £500 in bets on the same bloke is enough to see the odds tumbling.

Its amazing how many people fundamentally misunderstand bookies. They odds offered are not the same as the probability of an event occuring. They are business decisions made to reflect the amount of money people have staked in the event something will happen.

• Like 1

Hope it's not Sherwood.

Fair enough.

Hope it's not Sherwood.

Yep. Next manager markets are notoriously volatile and small. £500 in bets on the same bloke is enough to see the odds tumbling.

Its amazing how many people fundamentally misunderstand bookies. They odds offered are not the same as the probability of an event occuring. They are business decisions made to reflect the amount of money people have staked in the event something will happen.

Who said they were? If a lot of money are staked by people then the surely this itself increases the likelihood of something occurring otherwise why is money being staked on the event? I admit this is an unusual market but your post is seriously patronising. Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Probably, he is entitled to his own opinion of course but talking to The Sun about it? Really? Of all the papers out there.

I don't think the bookies have the first idea what's going on. I'd be surprised if it's Sherwood but let's see. I wouldn't be surprised if we looked abroad. Sounds to me as though Paddy Reilly is going to be a key player in this, perhaps the key player, and he has his finger on the pulse as to what's going on in Europe. 

• Like 2

Who said they were? If a lot of money are staked by people then the surely this itself increases the likelihood of something occurring otherwise why is money being staked on the event? I admit this is an unusual market but your post is seriously patronising.

Just because the odds are slashed doesn't mean people are putting money on. The Bookies could just be covering themselves given the speculation about Sherwood in the media (who are hoping he gets a job because he gives them easy stories). The Manager odds market is open to corruption (see H. Redknapp's move to spurs) and the odds change all time without any substance to the changes.

• Like 1

Who said they were? If a lot of money are staked by people then the surely this itself increases the likelihood of something occurring otherwise why is money being staked on the event? I admit this is an unusual market but your post is seriously patronising.

Just because the odds are slashed doesn't mean people are putting money on. The Bookies could just be covering themselves given the speculation about Sherwood in the media (who are hoping he gets a job because he gives them easy stories). The Manager odds market is open to corruption (see H. Redknapp's move to spurs) and the odds change all time without any substance to the changes.

Either way it points to it being a big possibility. People are dismissing it to easily.

Either way it points to it being a big possibility. People are dismissing it to easily.

No it doesnt. At all.

Especially if one of the news outlets running stories also own say....a bookmaker.

really though,it's alright saying the-no way i want him-stuff,the only thing that matters is we stay up.there are managers linked who i don't like but i'd have mctit back and bow at his feet if he came in and kept us up.personally though i think it'll be a foreign boss.reckon it could be someone like remi garde as there's bound to be a bit of influence having worked for arsenal.

Edited by krisagg75

I take back being sure it could be Sherwood as some people mentioned Manager odds are not your usual market. But don't be to surprised if it is him until end of the season.

He wouldn't take the job short term.