What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

A lecture on Common Security and Non-Provactive Defence.

Sigh.

I preferred their earlier material... I'm not sure when they sold out, but a few albums ago, I just said, "this is the most commercial crap I've ever heard" and gave up on them.

A lecture on Common Security and Non-Provactive Defence.

Sigh.

I preferred their earlier material... I'm not sure when they sold out, but a few albums ago, I just said, "this is the most commercial crap I've ever heard" and gave up on them.

I hate concept albums

Talk Talk - "It's My Life". The original is so much better than the recent rehash from that howling banshee who wails herself through the song (is the band No Doubt? No doubt that version is shite, IMO).

Eric Serra - A Pleasant Drive in St. Petersburg

The closest Serra's score came to doing the Bond theme. I actually generally enjoy Serra's score, but I think the producers' decision to use a rather '80s Barry arrangement of Norman's theme was the correct one. The whole "Bond is back" aspect of Goldeneye demanded a more traditional scoring, IMO.

I've moved on from the lectures, hallejulah!

Some new stuff to me, mght be worth a listen if you fancy something new.

I'm not sure what it sounds like, really, reminds me of something I've heard before. Quite dark, hushed vocals, pretentious but for some reason I don't mind it. Might investigate the album, I do suspect it might be samey though. Bit folky.

If that hasn't put you off have a listen.

EDIT - Worked out who it reminds me of, Jose Gonzalez on a dour down day, like he's playing out of Eeyores arse. Predominately because of guitar style, plucked and quite repetitive.

Â