What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

Here's a great band I found on Myspace I recon these guys need exposure....so I'm going to do my John Peel bit and introduce them to you......spread the word!

Hacienda

While I'm here take a listen to these too..... The Greenhornes You may have heard of these, this geeky one with the NHS specs in The Raconteurs' other band. They're really really good!

Ooooh, thank you very much for the Greenhornes link, thats very good indeed ;-)

As its my birthday I shall itunes that right now :-)- or would if it was on there ..:-(

Here's a great band I found on Myspace I recon these guys need exposure....so I'm going to do my John Peel bit and introduce them to you......spread the word!

Hacienda

While I'm here take a listen to these too..... The Greenhornes You may have heard of these, this geeky one with the NHS specs in The Raconteurs' other band. They're really really good!

Ooooh, thank you very much for the Greenhornes link, thats very good indeed ;-)

As its my birthday I shall itunes that right now :-)- or would if it was on there ..:-(

No worries, and happy birthday!

I think RJW63 might like Hacienda....I think he likes the Beach Boys? ....anyway they sound similar.

I think RJW63 might like Hacienda....I think he likes the Beach Boys? ....anyway they sound similar

I do indeed, I will give them a listen

Jimmy Buffett - Boat Drinks

Boat drinks,

Boys in the band ordered boat drinks.

Visitors scored on the home rink.

Everything seems to be wrong.

Lately,

Newspapers mention cheap airfare.

I got to fly to Saint Somewhere.

I'm close to bodily harm.

Twenty degrees and a hockey game's on.

Nobody cares, they are way too far gone,

Screamin' "Boat drinks!":

Somethin' to keep them all warm.

This morning

I shot six holes in my freezer.

I think I've got cabin fever.

Somebody sound the alarm.

I'd like to go where the pace of life's slow,

Could you meet me somewhere, Mr. Scott?

Any old place here on Earth or in space,

You pick the century and I'll pick the spot.

I know

I should be leaving this climate.

I got a verse but can't rhyme it.

I gotta go where it's warm.

Boat drinks,

Waitress, I need two more boat drinks.

Then I'm headin' south for my dream shrink.

I gotta go where it's warm.

I gotta go where there ain't any snow,

Where there ain't any blow,

'Cause my fence sinks so low!

I gotta go where it's warm!

Probably my favorite party Buffett song, not least because the Boston Bruins inspired it. He was playing a show in Boston in February back in the late '70s and ended up in a bar owned by Bruins legend Derek Sanderson. Rum and tonic was the preferred drink on that cold night, and Buffett staggered out of the bar somewhat intoxicated. The only taxicab available was one running across the street but without its driver. Southerner Buffett was freezing and needed to get back to his hotel, so he did the only rational thing: he stole the taxicab to drive back to the hotel. He did leave the fare and a large tip in the glovebox.

Â