What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

Anyone heard of Seu Jorge? He was recommended to me the other day but I'd never heard of him. Going to take a listen later.

Heard his stuff on the fantastic Steve Zissou OST.

Actually the whole of that OST is superb, featuring some cracking sparse electronic ditties from Mark Mothersbaugh.

Little sample of his stuff (mothersbaugh) here...

http://tinyurl.com/5klgwe

007 - The Monty Norman Orchestra

I suspect that you mean "The James Bond Theme".

There is a secondary theme song for James Bond named "007":

"007" (sometimes referred to as the "007 Theme", not to be confused with the "James Bond Theme"), is an adventure theme composed by John Barry in 1963 for the Bond film, From Russia with Love.

It became a secondary theme for the Bond films, being used in quite a few Bond movies, primarily during action scenes. Here are its most notable appearances:

* From Russia with Love — Played during the gypsy camp gunfight and also during Bond's theft of the Lektor decoder from the Russian embassy in Istanbul.

* Thunderball — Played when Bond runs from SPECTRE during a parade and when he joins the climactic underwater fight.

* You Only Live Twice — Played during the flight of "Little Nellie" before Bond battles four helicopters that attack him.

* Diamonds Are Forever — Played during Bond's destruction of Blofeld's Headquarters.

* Moonraker — Played during the Amazon river chase.

The theme has not been featured in its entirety in a Bond movie since its use in Moonraker.

Monty Norman is credited with composing the James Bond theme (the guitar line is derivative of a melody he composed for a musical a few years before). However, many authorities state the in the process of arranging the theme for Dr. No, John Barry basically wrote everything else, but was denied credit. For From Russia with Love, he wrote it as his own candidate for the character's theme.

I have to say that I prefer "007" to most renditions of the Bond theme (though Barry's all-orchestral renditions in the '80s are excellent, especially in The Living Daylights).

Going OT, note how before Dalton is revealed as Bond, Double-O agents bearing slight resemblances to Moore and Lazenby are shown.

The music from the whole pretitle sequence is "Exercise at Gibraltar"... the electronic rendition of the Bond theme is also a highlight of Bond music in my opinion. The Living Daylights is probably still the greatest score of the series (of course, I rate TLD as one of the creme de la creme).

007 - The Monty Norman Orchestra

I suspect that you mean "The James Bond Theme".

There is a secondary theme song for James Bond named "007":

"007" (sometimes referred to as the "007 Theme", not to be confused with the "James Bond Theme"), is an adventure theme composed by John Barry in 1963 for the Bond film, From Russia with Love.

It became a secondary theme for the Bond films, being used in quite a few Bond movies, primarily during action scenes. Here are its most notable appearances:

* From Russia with Love — Played during the gypsy camp gunfight and also during Bond's theft of the Lektor decoder from the Russian embassy in Istanbul.

* Thunderball — Played when Bond runs from SPECTRE during a parade and when he joins the climactic underwater fight.

* You Only Live Twice — Played during the flight of "Little Nellie" before Bond battles four helicopters that attack him.

* Diamonds Are Forever — Played during Bond's destruction of Blofeld's Headquarters.

* Moonraker — Played during the Amazon river chase.

The theme has not been featured in its entirety in a Bond movie since its use in Moonraker.

Monty Norman is credited with composing the James Bond theme (the guitar line is derivative of a melody he composed for a musical a few years before). However, many authorities state the in the process of arranging the theme for Dr. No, John Barry basically wrote everything else, but was denied credit. For From Russia with Love, he wrote it as his own candidate for the character's theme.

I have to say that I prefer "007" to most renditions of the Bond theme (though Barry's all-orchestral renditions in the '80s are excellent, especially in The Living Daylights).

Leviramsey, you are of course, correct - I was listening to the secondary theme "007" by John Barry - thanks for the clarification!!! And there I was thinking I was a Bond film buff!! *feels rather stupid*

Â