What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

I like them too.. I'm surprised you know of them. I only know of them cos they are from over here. Even for post-rock they are obscure :) They've included some stunning stuff I haven't heard before, so I'll forgive them for not including my every favorite. I'm on number 10 (Silent Whale Becomes A Dream), it's **** gorgeous and new to me.

Edited by tarjei

I like them too.. I'm surprised you know of them. I only know of them cos they are from over here. Even for post-rock they are obscure :) They've included some stunning stuff I haven't heard before, so I'll forgive them for not including my every favorite. I'm on number 10 (Silent Whale Becomes A Dream), it's **** gorgeous and new to me.

I spent some time yesterday evening cross-referencing that list to determine all the stuff that's new to me, I've now got a ~200 band-long shopping list.

So happy. Happy_Cry___Smiley_by_Mirz123.gif

May I suggest one at a time then :)

My personal favorites are the first few records of Godspeed & Silver Mt. Zion. I don't think you can go wrong with anything on that list though.

The first ever post rock album I got took me 2 years to appreciate it. I was 17 or thereabouts, and I was with a mate looking at new release when I saw thie one:

cover_141592172004.jpg

I had never seen a cover like that.. My mate challenged me to buy it without listening to it because of it's awesomeness, and so I did. I wasn't ready for it at all. Some old guy talking for 5 minutes, songs lasting 20-30 min. I mean what the hell. I tried so many times to like it, but wtf was that about (I was in to Deftones & Smashing Pumpkins, at the time)

2 years or so later I try hashish for the 3rd time, not having felt an effect the first few times. Suddenly it kicked in and it **** me up really bad. I had the worst two hours, puking and thinking I was gonna die on the toilet. When it finally stopped I crashed on to my bed and for some reason I figured now is a good time to give that wierd double album a chance. It was the best music experience I have ever had.. It's was very strange.. I could feel the music like a mix of coldness and warmth in my body and it was like a battle between them of who was going to take over and I figured I would die if the coldness took over, but I was okay with that.

Never had anything like that again though, but it does give me goosebumps :)

Edited by tarjei
  • Like 2

May I suggest one at a time then :)

My personal favorites are the first few records of Godspeed & Silver Mt. Zion. I don't think you can go wrong with anything on that list though.

The first ever post rock album I got took me 2 years to appreciate it. I was 17 or thereabouts, and I was with a mate looking at new release when I saw thie one:

cover_141592172004.jpg

I had never seen a cover like that.. My mate challenged me to buy it without listening to it because of it's awesomeness, and so I did. I wasn't ready for it at all. Some old guy talking for 5 minutes, songs lasting 20-30 min. I mean what the hell. I tried so many times to like it, but wtf was that about (I was in to Deftones & Smashing Pumpkins, at the time)

2 years or so later I try hashish for the 3rd time, not having felt an effect the first few times. Suddenly it kicked in and it **** me up really bad. I had the worst two hours, puking and thinking I was gonna die on the toilet. When it finally stopped I crashed on to my bed and for some reason I figured now is a good time to give that wierd double album a chance. It was the best music experience I have ever had.. It's was very strange.. I could feel the music like a mix of coldness and warmth in my body and it was like a battle between them of who was going to take over and I figured I would die if the coldness took over, but I was okay with that.

Never had anything like that again though, but it does give me goosebumps :)

sad-i-know-that-feel-bro-l.png

Â