What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

I keep forgetting how good R.E.M are, until I put on a few of their songs. Brilliant band, and one I'd kill to see live. (well, I saw them do a few songs, but I was heavily intoxicated at the time).

This comment usually triggers me and Bicks doing our 1984 tour stories again. Shall we? :)

Eden's Children - 'Sure Looks Real'

Awww, c'mon. That's a great song.

Ha Ha Ha...

Listen to a lot of contemporary Country, hate it with a passion.

Warmed to some of the older characters: Hanks Williams & Snow, Flatt & Scruggs, Patsy Cline up to Jerry Reed and Bobby Gentry

The newer bunch :x

Toby Keith, Alan Jackson, Kenny Chesney, Sugarland, Lady Antebellum, Brad Paisley, Blake Shelton, Chris Young, Miranda 'Helium' Lambert, Keith Urban, Gretchen Wilson, Billy Currington & Rascal Flatts - SHAME

Then you get the likes of Lyle Lovett, (sorry Levi :winkold:) Jimmy Buffett and Tom Russell who appear not to possess a single red blood cell between them.

In the plus column: Alison Krauss & Union Station. Dan Tyminski from Union Station is Clooney's voice in 'O Brother' and plays a mean guitar/mandolin. Devon Sproule's 'Keep Your Silver Shined' is decent. You get the feeling that LeAnn Rimes could be quite good, if she could shake the homogenizing major label straitjacket. The Avett Brothers have transcended Country (to their credit and Country's great loss). Carrie Underwood, err, looks good in this photo...

Carrie-Underwood-Play-On.jpg

These two from the day come highly recommended...

euphoria-a_gift_from_euphoria-front.jpg

23jr6e1.jpg

:thumb:

Eeeek, that cover, what were they thinking?

Â