What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

John Denver-Annie's Song.
:shock: Really???

Anything sounds great when you are stoned.Just yesterday i was watching vh1 late in the night , stoned, and i actually listened to a couple of 'hip hop' numbers and i sort of liked it. Strange :oops: Btw , it was some band called 'Coolio' or something. lol

Collective Soul-Shine(acoustic)

I am reminded of an old interview with k. d. laing, where she said she quite fancied trying ecstacy but had decided not to for fear it might make her start liking shit music. :lol:

Seriously though McGrass, I think you should lay off the dope.

Hmm , I don't know about ecstasy but weed makes you enjoy music you wouldn't even contemplate listening to when sober.

Its a good friday drug , it **** you up completely,you cannot do anything productive on it. :winkold:

Like that Dead Can Dance track Chindie, its a good un

Funnily enough I thought if anyone was going to pick up on that song it would be you ;). Tis a good un though. I like stuff with a bit of atmosphere and drama.

And on this note, the next in my occasional series of shifty covers. Beginning a long while ago with http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3e_nJRzCpBE, the other day's cover of Bronski Beat's Smalltown Boy by Paradise Lost, today we have the cover of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8h0DMAvcuN0.

Theres something about the metal cover of a song which makes everything shit.

Theres something about the metal cover of a song which makes everything shit.
The most cringeworthy example being Judas Priest's hatchet job on Joan Baez's "Diamonds and Rust".

John Denver-Annie's Song.
:shock: Really???

Anything sounds great when you are stoned.Just yesterday i was watching vh1 late in the night , stoned, and i actually listened to a couple of 'hip hop' numbers and i sort of liked it. Strange :oops: Btw , it was some band called 'Coolio' or something. lol

Collective Soul-Shine(acoustic)

I am reminded of an old interview with k. d. laing, where she said she quite fancied trying ecstacy but had decided not to for fear it might make her start liking shit music. :lol:

Seriously though McGrass, I think you should lay off the dope.

Hmm , I don't know about ecstasy but weed makes you enjoy music you wouldn't even contemplate listening to when sober.

Its a good friday drug , it **** you up completely,you cannot do anything productive on it. :winkold:

Just to add a little perspective , weed makes shit songs sound good but also makes good songs sound orgasmic, ya get me. :) :winkold:

This post was made after watching Leonard Cohen's Closing Time video five times consecutively. F**K me ut this is etter than sex

Incubus-Aqueus Transmission.. One of the three 'modern rock' bands that I actually like.I thought the were one of countless other rap/alternative/nu-metal clones around but I was wrong.These guys are proper musicians.This song is hypnotic/Psychedelic , great song.Very underrated band..

Incubus-Aqueus Transmission.. One of the three 'modern rock' bands that I actually like.I thought the were one of countless other rap/alternative/nu-metal clones around but I was wrong.These guys are proper musicians.This song is hypnotic/Psychedelic , great song.Very underrated band..

Agreed... don't own a record by them, but when one of their tunes comes on I turn up the radio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kTgzlTVxt0... the last Rush song where Geddy Lee stays behind the keyboards... quite possibly why it hasn't been played in nearly two decades (aside from the regular incorporation of motifs from the drum part into Peart's drum solos).

I've stood upon my mountaintop and shouted at the sky

Walked above the pavement with my senses amplified

I get this feeling...

All my nerves are naked wires, tender to the touch

Sometimes super-sensitive, but who can care too much

I get this feeling...

Scars of pleasure, scars of pain

Atmospheric changes make them sensitive again

Each emotional injury leaves behind its mark

Sometimes they come tumbling out like shadows in the dark

I get this feeling...

When I think about all I have seen and all I'll never see