What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

Yeah I must admit, when I clicked on the video, I did wonder if it was a different Mike Nesmith, but I thought it's too well a known name. I'm not overly familiar with stuff outside the Monkees, other than I knew he wrote Different Drum, which is a brilliant song.  

If you like country rock, his first three solo albums (with The First National band, featuring the mighty O. J. 'Red' Rhodes on steel) are essential.

• Like 1

I'll seek them out.  :thumb:

On the back of that conversation...

On a triple Cd from over 15 years ago of my 50 favourite songs, this is on it. Its one of a few on there that would remain. Its a great song. It was initially brought to my attention by the lemonheads, then I heard this version.

Edited by Seat68
  • Like 2

I'll seek them out.  :thumb:

On a triple Cd from over 15 years ago of my 50 favourite songs, this is on it. Its one of a few on there that would remain. Its a great song. It was initially bought to my attention by the lemonheads, then I heard this version.

Yeah, the Lemonheads version is great, as is PP Arnold's.

• Like 1

Pentangle -

Both guitarists gone now :(

Died relatively young, too. I don't know much about Pentangle and glad you posted this -- sounds like Tollkienesque stoner music to me, which is a good thing in my book.

If you want one Pentangle album get 'Basket of Light'. Dunno about Tolkienesque stoners, it's basically folk with a jazz approach.
  • Like 1

I'll seek them out. :thumb:

On a triple Cd from over 15 years ago of my 50 favourite songs, this is on it. Its one of a few on there that would remain. Its a great song. It was initially brought to my attention by the lemonheads, then I heard this version.

I sang and played it while drunk at my 60th birthday party. Fortunately not recorded.
  • Like 1

Pentangle -

Both guitarists gone now :(

Died relatively young, too. I don't know much about Pentangle and glad you posted this -- sounds like Tollkienesque stoner music to me, which is a good thing in my book.

If you want one Pentangle album get 'Basket of Light'. Dunno about Tolkienesque stoners, it's basically folk with a jazz approach.

Will buy it. "Dunno about Tolkienesque stoners, it's basically folk with a jazz approach." Exactly.  

Â