What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

New Perfume single

How'd you get into J-pop, if I can call it that? I find this particular song insipid, but I can certainly see the appeal. I am interested in your interest.

Edited by Plastic Man

New Perfume single

How'd you get into J-pop, if I can call it that? I find this particular song insipid, but I can certainly see the appeal.

I love it myself and am looking forward to hearing the flip side. I don't know if it qualifies as 'J-pop', it just sounds like pop music that happens to be Japanese to me. Apart from Perfume and some of Kyary Pamyu Pamyu's stuff I'm not really into any other Japanese pop music as it stands I genuinely can't remember how I first got into them, might have been someone posting one of their song on here.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

Not bad ... a bit too sugary in production tho ...

I heard this track a few months back and thought to myself, they're like a 21st century Letters To Cleo. And I'm strangely okay with that.

• Like 1

New Perfume single

How'd you get into J-pop, if I can call it that? I find this particular song insipid, but I can certainly see the appeal.

I love it myself and am looking forward to hearing the flip side. I don't know if it qualifies as 'J-pop', it just sounds like pop music that happens to be Japanese to me. Apart from Perfume and some of Kyary Pamyu Pamyu's stuff I'm not really into any other Japanese pop music as it stands I genuinely can't remember how I first got into them, might have been someone posting one of their song on here.

Some cool stuff. I admire the breadth of your tastes. As for that song and what genre it should inhabit, I will submit it to the Official J-Pop Commission and let them sort ...

• Like 1

Love those guitars!

Coxon's in house band. Not sure which one of his regular guitarists appear on the record, but I'd wager they probably went to the Alpha Boys School. 

New Perfume single

I don't know the first thing about J-pop or K-pop, but I once watched a lousy movie about a K-pop band that discovered a VHS tape containing a song that happened to be cursed, and every time they performed the song something would go terribly wrong. Again, a lousy movie, but I had the song stuck in my head for a week.

Edited by JamieZ
  • Like 2

Seriously? You lot like that "music" by Yoko Ono?

I've never heard such utter bollocks, ever. :(

I think it's pretty interesting stuff, with an ethos that reminds me of Can:

Edited by Plastic Man

Â