Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

You've got to think QPR and Leicester are done now. QPR only have 3 home games left and one of those is at home to Chelsea so I can't see them even reaching 30 points.

My main worry was them coming up with a late run from nowhere, Leicester might looking at their fixtures but think they're too far back anyway.

We need shooting if we can't finish above one of Sunderland, Burnley and Hull given their run ins.

Personally I would have preferred a QPR/Everton draw. Simple maths, two points between rivals rather than three. This puts Everton safe basically so is one less team to fight against but QPR don't close gap at all I suppose but still think the better result would have been a draw to keep Everton in it whilst giving QPR very little help.

Personally I'd rather Everton get a bit of confidence, a winning run which will mean they'll still want to finish as high up the league as possible.

We still have to play them at VP but they also have home games v Burnley and Sunderland.

As amusing as it was to see them down there they were never getting relegated and will have a big say in the third team that goes.

• Like 1

Yes it really drains you season in season out.

At least with Sherwood's boom and bust policy we should win a lot more games next season even if we lose a few at the same time so should accumulate more points than Lambert's can't score, won't score, no points philosophy. 

I don't think they'll catch us but Leicester could make a real good go of stopping up, with the fixtures they have left to play. Obviously they're down there because they've performed poorly in similar fixtures earlier in the season, but at this time of the year things sometimes change, I wouldn't rule them as relegated yet.

On MOTD2 they claim both Leicester and QPR are probably gone now. Think if we beat QPR I think I'd agree with them, Chris Ramsey does seem a bit clueless and keeps changing his team.

QPR look woeful against any sort of pace, it was so easy for Palace and Everton to get beyond their full backs who are never in line with their two CBs.

You've got to think we will create plenty of chances against them with the pace we have. That's got to be a win for me, no excuses.

it's not beyond the realms of possibility that QPR beat WBA leaving them just three points behind us (If we get nothing at United) before the game at Villa Park. A shock point or three at Old Trafford would be really handy.

It's unlikely, but Sunderland last year were in a similar position and Wigan recently too. They have a game in hand, all it would take is a couple of victories to put them back in with a shout.

Just hope we aren't again in this position next season. Tired of relying on other teams to do us a favour.

Yes it really drains you season in season out.

We say it every year and will probably be saying it again this time next year unless the club is sold to decent owners soon after this has finished.

Verily, I say to you, you are the backbone of Villa. I know I'm little more than a glory hunter (does the phrase even apply?) as a supporter when I hear these hard-won sentiments of hopeless hopefulness when many others would have closed the shop and tried something else. Cheers to you!  :flag:

Edited by Plastic Man

I don't think they'll catch us but Leicester could make a real good go of stopping up, with the fixtures they have left to play. Obviously they're down there because they've performed poorly in similar fixtures earlier in the season, but at this time of the year things sometimes change, I wouldn't rule them as relegated yet.

I don't think so. They're so out of touch with what it's like to win now, I think they're sunk. They don''t have a reservoir of good feeling to tap.

I doubt it too but up until recently we our selves had long forgotten how to win, so things can change, as they have for other teams in seasons gone by. They'd be relying big time on two of Sunderland, Hull and Burnley having disastrous ends to the season, the main thing is I don't think they have chance of catching us.

• Like 1

It's unlikely, but Sunderland last year were in a similar position and Wigan recently too. They have a game in hand, all it would take is a couple of victories to put them back in with a shout.

It ain't gonna happen. They're not going to win 5 of their 9 remaining fixtures, which is what would be required as a minimum. They have 3 'winnable' away games, but then away games are harder to win. Their home games are against West Ham, Swansea, Chelsea, Newcastle, Southampton and QPR. Of those, only QPR looks like a plum fixture. 

Sunderland last year had a better squad. Leicester don't have players of the quality of Ki, Borini or Johnson. 

Edited by HanoiVillan